Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The game was rebuilt from the ground up. It's not like they ported the ps1 version and then gave crash more finicky jumps. He has different movement in the remake and the remake is balanced around crashes new movement. If you haven't played the original in YEARS you would never notice, if you just finished playing the original then jumped right in yea you would see a different.It takes 5 minutes to get use to crashs new movement, no really it's not that hard people just suck at games lol.

and polygon isn't well known for their reviewers to be any good at video games in general.
    It's not their reviewer, it's a streamer who said it.

And it's not just the "new movements", it's that platforms went from being flat objects to "pill shaped" it seems, so if you land on the edge of a platform, you end up sliding off, which isn't something that happens in the original (you can see this side by side comparison in the videos even).

The newer one was more punishing for not landing a jump correctly, making it a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    More of anything would have been great, At some point ill finish BOTW (Mite even grab the Wii-U version since I don't own a Switch anymore). Because at the end of the day I am a Zelda fan. But to me its the weakest Zelda I have played.
    I think weakest would probably still have to go to Spirit Tracks for me

But out of 3D ones, probably Twilight Princess. But even then, I do feel it's worth appreciating that even if it's the weakest Zelda you played, it's still overall, a good game at the least right? I mean, personally I don't think there's a single Zelda game I actually regret playing, or dislike even.

My best friend can not play video games for the life of him. He can't even hold down 1 button and press another button at the same time. He has to let go of the button.

We played MK8D together and I had to turn on both auto accelerate and wall hax for him. He's also one of those people that moves his controller around thinking it would do something.
    Well, at least my gf's dad can play MK8 I'm pretty sure. It's anything that gets more complicated into the reactions that he gets thrown off. He's also in his 50s though, so age probably doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my nephew used to ask me for help but i figured at some point hes got to learn to do things himself or hes never going to be able to beat games. now the only time i help him is if hes seriously stuck, and thats pretty much anytime theres a quest without a marker (because he cant read yet, so while he knows what some words mean and can sometimes figure it out himself, if he doesnt know a word yet or what its trying to tell him he cant figure it out)

like i had to help him in the yiga clan hide out by telling him where it was and how to use the bananas
    I'm pretty sure that banana part just sucked in general. I ended up just rushing it as quick as I could, because every time I tried slow and steady, one would spot me.

either way, you still flip flop and make fucking horrible financial decisions and constantly go against what you previously said
    So you know what financial decision's I make. Also news flash pumpkin adults can change there mind, It happens from time to time. Seems all you can do is fanboy the shit out of Nintendo, Do damage control and then make childish remarks when your backed into a corner proven wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I think weakest would probably still have to go to Spirit Tracks for me
    Ya I take that back the weakest Zelda's to me is the DS titles due to being forced to use a Stylus. So BOTW comes in 3rd for me.

But out of 3D ones, probably Twilight Princess. But even then, I do feel it's worth appreciating that even if it's the weakest Zelda you played, it's still overall, a good game at the least right? I mean, personally I don't think there's a single Zelda game I actually regret playing, or dislike even.
    Ya its still a solid game (6 out of 10 for me) there is far much worse games out there. Its just for me Nintendo made a lot of bad choices with it.

I would love for them to take what they did with BOTW and improve on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm pretty sure that banana part just sucked in general. I ended up just rushing it as quick as I could, because every time I tried slow and steady, one would spot me.
    i actually breezed by it on master mode, granted the way i did kind of cheesed it.

first room i used a banana and my whistle and snuck past. 2nd room full of guys, well, i had 7 ancient arrows. so i killed the little guys and ancient arrowed all the big sword dudes.

easy peasy.

- - - Updated - - -

So you know what financial decision's I make. Also news flash pumpkin adults can change there mind, It happens from time to time. Seems all you can do is fanboy the shit out of Nintendo, Do damage control and then make childish remarks when your backed into a corner proven wrong
    backed into what corner? you claimed you wouldnt buy a switch, then you bought one close to launch day, you said you didnt like botw and wouldnt buy the dlc because it was "cut content" then bought it on launch day, then you sold your switch and plan on REBUYING ONE instead of simply holding onto it, i dont know where you sold your switch but if it was somewhere like gamestop that means you'll likely end up paying for a switch and an extra third of the price just because you're impulsive and cant make sound decisions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ya I take that back the weakest Zelda's to me is the DS titles due to being forced to use a Stylus. So BOTW comes in 3rd for me.

Ya its still a solid game (6 out of 10 for me) there is far much worse games out there. Its just for me Nintendo made a lot of bad choices with it.

I would love for them to take what they did with BOTW and improve on it.
    I'd probably give it an 8 honestly, mostly because it's extremely replayable to me. Granted, I haven't yet, BUT STILL. It's just the way the game is build you can easily find a reason to be like "Okay, I'll tackle it this way instead".

i actually breezed by it on master mode, granted the way i did kind of cheesed it.

first room i used a banana and my whistle and snuck past. 2nd room full of guys, well, i had 7 ancient arrows. so i killed the little guys and ancient arrowed all the big sword dudes.

easy peasy.
    Every time I tried fighting the big guys 1 on 1, they'd just end up one shotting me suddenly after I beat on them for a while. Didn't think to use Ancient arrows because of how rare they were for me at the time.

speaking of being disappointed by things, over in the pokemon thread me and everyone else cant seem to generate any hype for us and um do you guys think people would be more kind to it if it were on the switch? as it is it just feels like fucking filler and a waste of resources and development

- - - Updated - - -

I'd probably give it an 8 honestly, mostly because it's extremely replayable to me. Granted, I haven't yet, BUT STILL. It's just the way the game is build you can easily find a reason to be like "Okay, I'll tackle it this way instead".

Every time I tried fighting the big guys 1 on 1, they'd just end up one shotting me suddenly after I beat on them for a while. Didn't think to use Ancient arrows because of how rare they were for me at the time.
    yeah i didnt even know ancient arrows did that on normal mode until i was already done with most of the game and hunting koroks, i went to fight a lynel and forgot to switch and shot it at a lynel and was like WOT DA FOCK
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

speaking of being disappointed by things, over in the pokemon thread me and everyone else cant seem to generate any hype for us and um do you guys think people would be more kind to it if it were on the switch? as it is it just feels like fucking filler and a waste of resources and development
    First release i'm not buying. Feels like Sun/Moon were a beta full of "SORRY BUT MY STOUTLAND NEEDS TO VIGOUROSLY SNIFF THIS ENTIRE ROAD LIKE A RUDE BITCH FOR LIKE 18 HOURS SO CAN YOU GO AROUND THIS ENTIRE GODDAMN LAND MASS? THANKS!" roadblocking that made no rational sense. I loved a lot of the locations, characters and new pokemon but they are in a vaccum the weakest entries as both a pokemon game and an rpg. Knowing theres a Switch one already in preproduction only compounds this feeling so with my 3DS just being an atlus machine at this point theres no reason to buy these rereleases.

I mean shit gold and silver just came out on the eshop and they are vastly superior games even not counting the HGSS versions which i would consider the best games in the series.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-09-23 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    First release i'm not buying. Feels like Sun/Moon were a beta full of "SORRY BUT MY STOUTLAND NEEDS TO VIGOUROSLY SNIFF THIS ENTIRE ROAD LIKE A RUDE BITCH FOR LIKE 18 HOURS SO CAN YOU GO AROUND THIS ENTIRE GODDAMN LAND MASS? THANKS!" roadblocking that made no rational sense. I loved a lot of the locations, characters and new pokemon but they are in a vaccum the weakest entries as both a pokemon game and an rpg. Knowing theres a Switch one already only compounds this feeling so with my 3DS just being an atlus machine at this point theres no reason to buy these rereleases.

I mean shit gold and silver just came out on the eshop and they are vastly superior games even not counting the HGSS versions which i would consider the best games in the series.
    im still buying them because theyre pokemon (and ill need those fucking ultra beasts and lycanroc to fill my living dex) but yeah. they just feel pointless. atleast if it were on switch it would atleast have the excuse of being put on there

Master Mode really should've been in the game from the outset and I refuse to buy the expansion pass.

I'm someone who almost always maxes out difficulty first run through. Did as much with DOOM, did as much with Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, etc.

The game is laughably easy but my biggest gripe concerning combat is there is no real charm or skill to it. It's quite literally you just swinging wildly much of the time to great effect.

The shrines aren't hard. The puzzles aren't hard. What's hard is crossing miles of pointless terrain in the hopes of stumbling upon them. A land filled with monsters you've fought a thousand times over so the conflicts that were supposed to help fill that gap, become little more than a tedious grind that I've begun to largely ignore. What difficulty exists, lies in testing my patience not my skill nor really so much my mind.

It's a deceptive game. Filled with possibility, wonder and fun from the outset. Problem is, once you spend some time off of that starting area and understand what you're getting yourself into it. I just hope other game developers don't see the praise for BotW and start making their open-world titles similar. I mean, the game is rated higher than Witcher 3 and in no reality should that be the case. Are you fucking serious?
    Even my initial, starry-eyed view of Zelda wasn't anything more than an 8 out of 10 really. It's only cratered since.

You put arguably an amateur attempt at open-world gaming over one that was practically the most masterful production of just that?
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-23 at 04:29 PM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

backed into what corner? you claimed you wouldnt buy a switch, then you bought one close to launch day, you said you didnt like botw.
    Please find my post where I said I wouldn't buy a Switch or BOTW.....

Oh wait you can't because I never said ether, you are just pulling shit out your ass like normal.

Edit:Ya done with this, No sense in arguing with a fanboy welcome to Ignore.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-23 at 04:24 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

First release i'm not buying. Feels like Sun/Moon were a beta full of "SORRY BUT MY STOUTLAND NEEDS TO VIGOUROSLY SNIFF THIS ENTIRE ROAD LIKE A RUDE BITCH FOR LIKE 18 HOURS SO CAN YOU GO AROUND THIS ENTIRE GODDAMN LAND MASS? THANKS!" roadblocking that made no rational sense. I loved a lot of the locations, characters and new pokemon but they are in a vaccum the weakest entries as both a pokemon game and an rpg. Knowing theres a Switch one already in preproduction only compounds this feeling so with my 3DS just being an atlus machine at this point theres no reason to buy these rereleases.

The Pokemon games have been using weak excuses to railroad the player in every game.

The three that come immediatly to mind are the thirsty guards in Gen 1, Sudowodo in Gen 2, and Gen 5s "no reason" dancers.

I'm buying it personally just because I don't consider it that much money to begin with, and I enjoy Pokemon anyway enough to just replay it again.

I do get your gripes though, I wouldn't call them the weakest personally (That would be Ruby and Sapphire to me), but eh. Getting the double pack so my girlfriend can have one, and maybe she'll actually beat it this time (She stopped like, halfway through Moon, just because. She had no reason, she just stopped).

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The Pokemon games have been using weak excuses to railroad the player in every game.

The three that come immediatly to mind are the thirsty guards in Gen 1, Sudowodo in Gen 2, and Gen 5s "no reason" dancers.
    HEY THAT SUDOWOODO LOOKED VERY MUCH LIKE A TREE OKAY

It was trying its best, don't you dare put it down

Please find my post where I said I wouldn't buy a Switch or BOTW.....

Oh wait you can't because I never said ether, you are just pulling shit out your ass like normal.
    good thing i never said you wouldnt buy botw but i think we all know why you cut that bit off considering everyone in the zelda thread had already called you out when you bought the expansion pass.

im not digging through months of this thread to find posts of you saying you wouldnt buy the switch i dont have a hate boner big enough to do that shit im not a stalker

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm very excited for xenoblade 2 because i finally get a good game for switch. ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm very excited for xenoblade 2 because i finally get a good game for switch. ;3
    I mean, we have literally seen nothing but bad voice acting for xenoblade so that's yet to be seen. Maybe after mario they will start showing significant things besides a bunch of cutscenes but right now it's Fire emblem warriors level of cringe for me.

Speaking of which I'm still salty about FE: Warriors

how the fuck do you not get the original VA back for characters.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, we have literally seen nothing but bad voice acting for xenoblade so that's yet to be seen. Maybe after mario they will start showing significant things besides a bunch of cutscenes but right now it's Fire emblem warriors level of cringe for me.
    Did you uh, miss both hour long demos of it? Also who cares about the voice acting?
    Few is going to be bad but fun, and mario is going to be ok.

Did you uh, miss both hour long demos of it? Also who cares about the voice acting?
    Few is going to be bad but fun, and mario is going to be ok.
    mario only ok? maybe if you're not a fan of 3d mario games but everything weve seen of it is making it look as if its going to be the best 3d mario game so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    mario only ok? maybe if you're not a fan of 3d mario games but everything weve seen of it is making it look as if its going to be the best 3d mario game so far.
    Nothing in it makes it look close to galaxy 2. It'll probably be brtter than 3d world at least.

Speaking of which I'm still salty about FE: Warriors

how the fuck do you not get the original VA back for characters.
    Ehh, it's not like Xenoblade Chronicles had great VA to begin with.
    Granted, it was mostly just cringe lines before that ended up being amazing from how cringe they are. (ITS REYN TIME, I'M REALLY FEELING IT).

Nothing in it makes it look close to galaxy 2. It'll probably be brtter than 3d world at least.
    Galaxy 2 is probably the only Mario game I dropped. I should give it another shot, but it just felt too meh compared to Galaxy 1.

So far the previews from the few websites who got a hands on have described it as "quasi open world with no lives or game overs" which makes me worry its another 'follow the open world meme' title which often when they work means 'let the play figure out their own solution to each encounter/puzzle' but often results in 'super easy to cheese and unmemorable minute to minute gameplay'.

I hope its good but i have not enjoyed a Mario game since Galaxy so i'll wait and see.

But god i hope they dont try and open world metroid. If they get rid of the metroidvania and go 'them kids liked that horizon zero dawn i tell you what' i'm gonna mildly freak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, it's not like Xenoblade Chronicles had great VA to begin with.
    Granted, it was mostly just cringe lines before that ended up being amazing from how cringe they are. (ITS REYN TIME, I'M REALLY FEELING IT).

Galaxy 2 is probably the only Mario game I dropped. I should give it another shot, but it just felt too meh compared to Galaxy 1.
    It's the only mario game I've beaten more than once and i consider it Nintendo's post oot magnum opus. Nothing they've made in the last 7 years has come close.