Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm the content now is very good on the surface level, the only problem is 95% is complete trivial trash, on top of that it gets made obsolete/even more trivial each patch when new welfare and catchup is released, making everything seem kind of pointless unless your raiding Mythic and actually need the Gear/AP.

The game systems back then (rotations, gfx, combat etc surface stuff) was bad, but at least it felt rewarding and interesting for everyone. Felt worthwhile.

I quit Legion after I found out all I was doing was gearing and getting AP to do the same content I already did, but faster. Not like I needed it for anything, and any time spent playing now I could do it later in 5 mins when the patch came out anyway. It also didn't help that I missed EN and ToV so now I can never do it because I got better gear from a boar.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-09-23 at 02:24 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Vanilla 7
    TBC 10
    WOTLK 8
    Cata 5
    MOP 6
    WOD 3
    Legion 2

For me MoP (at least the first part) was the pinnacle of WoW, WoD had lots of issues but there was still enjoyable stuff to do. Legion? Of the 15 RL people I know who played WoW, only maybe 1 or 2 are still playing it.

So:
    Wrath 8
    Cata 7
    MoP 9
    WoD 6
    Legion 1

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Whaaat... Well, I suppose this explains how WOTLK was the expansion when the term "World of Queuecraft" sprung up. People were sitting in Dalaran spamming "LFG/LFM" before 3.3, and once the Dungeon Finder had been added, people were still sitting in Dalaran spamming the queues.

I was considered crazy for spending all my time between Argent Tournament and farming herbs in Sholazar, Storm Peaks and Wintergrasp (for 100k Crimson Deathcharger)...
    WOTLK was solid for the standards of then though, for sure. Argent Tournament might have been hated by many, but I adored it. I believe MoP was when a higher standard came to be in terms of adding content not just for raiders and instanced PVPers, but then WoD happened... Legion made a return to MoP's delivery quantity, and then surpassed it with better pacing of patches.
    Also not to forget that while Burning Crusade started it, WoTLK brought us World of DailyCraft where you always had the urge to do all 25 dailies or feel like ones day was not complete..

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Vanilla 7
    TBC 10
    WOTLK 8
    Cata 5
    MOP 6
    WOD 3
    Legion 2
    Vanilla 10
    TBC 10
    Wrath 4
    Cata 3
    MOP (did not play)
    WOD 3
    Legion 3
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I would rate the content they used to give around an solid 7-8, with the meaning on how much they actually tried on fixing things and advertise the game. Showing the game is still a big piece of the market.

I would rate the content they are giving us now and how much they actually try people joining the game a solid 5.
    Edit: To enlighten my solid 5. The game is dumped down version of it's former glory with the idea of immersion being totally gone and the reward of taking your time into the game also being gone.

What about you?
    To me It seems they make mistakes In each expansion and subsequent patches are fixing those mistakes only to not really fix them, aka Artifact Knowledge, Artifact Power, Legendaries, Mythic+, Tomb being an overtuned tospot at launch and more...

I'd give It a 5 out of 10, with even WoD being 7 out of 10 until the draught began, which Is where we are now, at the draught beginning unless Blizzcon reveals plans for patches, and no, If adding Timewalking In WoD's draught didn't count, nothing of similar note will count here either during Legion's draught. Yes there's a lot of content but It's questionable, just like WoD's was but Legion takes that questionable content and systems and Ideas and makes them worse.

And takes systems that were in WoD and worked well and tossed them aside for RNG and wasting our time. (PvP gear that scaled up, well connected zones, daily quest hubs (Kinda, but better than Legions idea of daily hubs aka WOOORLD quests, legendary questline through raids (Which should be restricted to a higher tier of raiding than LFR, only Normal, Heroic and Mythic should give you progress on It or every random casual sod will have a legendary and It won't feel good for anyone In the end, just like being the 63778th Ashbringer Isn't cool.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-09-23 at 04:47 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality of content (endgame raids & dungeons) is great, everything else... Class design is shit, world design is ok'ish, quest design is good but everything is too mind numbingly easy (I want to level alts, but I don't want to bore myself to death, class design being shit also applies here), PvP balance is beyond fucked, and the entire game is overflowing with too much RNG (some is fine, but this has gotten absurd)

In past expansions I would always be leveling alts, and doing both ranked and unranked PvP on my level capped characters... But now, the only enjoyable thing to do in the game for me right now is raiding, and that's only really because of the people I raid with... Horrid class design (and to a lesser extent overuse of the RNG treadmill) has sucked all the rest of the fun out of the game for me, content can only be as good as the vessels(classes) through which we traverse it, and those vessels currently have awful designs.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Vanilla 10
    TBC 10
    Wrath 4
    Cata 3
    MOP (did not play)
    WOD 3
    Legion 3
    Yeah I would've rated vanilla higher if it wasn't for the horrible grind for buffs and gold needed to raid. It was pretty much a full time job back then

Hard to compare apples and oranges because they are two different games.

Vanilla wasn't perfect but some of the things people like are hard to replicate in the current game.
    So for me anyway, the way I identify 'quality' goes by the following things:

1) Dungeons:
    Vanilla had multiple dungeons at each tier, each being massive and containing multiple optional paths and branches with various story lines.
    To me, that rates as high quality. You didnt need multiple levels of the same dungeon because the dungeon was already epic and had various ways to play through.

Legion not so much. Dungeons are relatively simplistic and short, part of the overall evolution of dungeons since vanilla.

2) Overall world immersion:
    In Vanilla, since you were questing, raiding and doing dungeons across the entire world the world felt real...
    And the various threats within the game felt like real threats. The Orcs of blackrock and the storylines surrounding them seemed legitimately epic.
    Same for the Ogres and the various dragon related realms.

In Legion, you have this massive invasion taking place but little to no sense of threat.
    No massive destruction in Azeroth even though this is supposedly the biggest legion incursion ever.

Just think of all the massive changes made to the world with previous incursions: the scourge, well of eternity, destruction of the world tree,
    the horde on Azeroth, the Lich king, destruction of various cities and towns, the creation of the undead/foresaken, destruction of the high elven
    civilization, the great sundering and the creation of the naga, etc.

But here we get nothing except a lame last second stab wound that should have happened at the very beginning of the expansion on a larger
    scale. No zones infested with Fel corruption. No towns/cities destroyed. No corrupted NPCs. (Fel is supposed to corrupt things not just burn).
    No resurgence of the scourge who were ultimately a legion creation in the first place.... and so forth.

3) Game mechanics:
    Lets just say the lack of a sense of tiers of content with multiple tiers of content that are long lasting and satisfying on their own accord is something that puts Vanilla over Legion. No need for multiple versions of the same content. No overlapping gear progression. No over-inflated gear stats. This puts vanilla over legion in my book, along with the greater duration and difficulty of the leveling content over "end game". Vanilla, TBC and Wrath had larger zones with more leveling content than legion hands down along with more reps and side quests to keep you busy. And only those playing 4-8 hours a day could complain about 'lack of content'.

And those are the main two things that put Vanilla over Legion in terms of quality. Now the game is a zergfest with no real meaningful immersion even with the improved graphics.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-09-23 at 05:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mop was 9/10 for me seemed perfect in almost every way same with wrath. Wod 0/10 crap story crap alternative dimension crap nothing to do in the world. Legion is about 6/10 some of the stuff is nice but the crappy Story takes a lot away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't it's even quarter, just revisit it. It's very tiny zone (part of it is just raid outdoor area). So we have:

Sunwell:

- 4 boss dungeon
    - 6 boss raid
    - tiny daily zone

Argus
    - 4 boss dungeon
    - 11 boss raid
    - 7 world bosses (they actually have meaningful mechanics, it really surprised me)
    - invasion points (filler content, but still content)
    - 1 full questing zone split in two parts (Krokuun + Mac'Aree)
    - 1 timeless isle style zone (Antoran)
    - huge updates to professions (especially gathering - new herb, ore, leather, cloth)
    - ton of rares
    - dailies in every zone
    - ton of mount/pet rewards

But yeah, Sunwell was great and Argus is shit, because 1/3 of it have rough terrain. Oh, and Burning Legion capital have fel theme, it also counts.

.. how we can even respond to such threads without sarcasm? ;P
    Roflol..a new type of ore is "huge update".....and please, don`t call Seat a new dungeon as it is the 99% copy/paste of the outside of triumvirate plus 4 special "boss" mob...world bosses with mechanics? Where? You mean the turn away time to time? Wow...Questing zones? Ohh please...the whole chain takes maybe 1 hour, 1,5 with a dungeon run....
    Your list is a really pathetic comparison... rares as content...like calling nature elementals content (from vanilla), because if you farm them, eventually they drop living essence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seriously you all pipe on about how Vanilla had content and it barely did.
    Vanilla literally created entire wow, so if u want to count what vanilla did, u should say they did 9 classes and 2 factions and major cities and quests etc
    However I don't agree with the poster either, blizz is actually doing lot of work this expansion, I can see and feel that, after seeing the shit called MoP and even worse WoD (that made MoP a 'good' exp in compare, no idea about cata played it very limited), this change reminds me more with wrath era where they were adding sh8tload of stuff in every patch
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah so basically a "back in my day everything was better" thread?

Also what does Battle.net have to do with WoW other than it being the platform for it? You really think the same devs are working on those emojis?

- - - Updated - - -

So basically as well as a "back in my day" thread it's a "wow is dead/dying" thread as well?

Gotcha.
    I mean what did you expect from a Gimlix thread? You're not actually supposed to take it seriously. The proper response is to report and put on ignore.

Why aren't these "but mah Vanilla..." threads auto-merged w/ a certain megathread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    so? doesnt matter who said "x will cost a raid tier" first, hes acting like blizzard sacrificed major content in wow because they added emoji support, there isnt even a button to make em, its literally just so you dont get questionmarks when you talk to someone that plays hearthstone on phone
    1. You're exaggerating

2. It does kinda count when blizzard has outright made the statement that minor updates can cost raid tiers.

If they dont want players to bitch about things, then they themselves need to not make stupid comments that will certainly come back and bite them in the ass. Like all this shit they said about why reforging was removed and then they come and do the crucible which makes them look like huge hypocrites.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Like all this shit they said about why reforging was removed
    It's one of their biggest fuckups in communication.
    1)—So hey, reforging was shit because people needed to play around hit and expertise.
    —But you deleted this shit and removed haste breakpoints.
    —You don't know shit.
    2)—So hey, we want ilevel to matter more and secondaries to matter less.
    —But it's true only for a 3-4 specs
    —You don't know shit.
    3)—So hey, we don't want to return reforging because people reforged worst stat to best stat anyway.
    —But this will devalue bad secondaries on gear and make you value ilevel more just like you wanted.
    —You don't know shit.
    4)—So hey, we came up with a nice idea of relics with second traits and a new RNG trait on top of it. And you also will find out if your new relic is not shit once you visit Vindicaar. It should be fun.
    —But it's counterintuitive as fuck and is literally worse version of reforging with no control over it.
    —You don't know shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quality wise its higher then ever but the structuring of the content is all over the place now. Reward and difficulty have almost been completely severed. Rng has replaced difficult content in many areas and the whole gearing structure feels haphazard and random.

If we could get tbc content structuring with this expansions quality it would be a amazing game.

I agree. We used to get MUCH better content. WoW is a shit-tier action/adventure game. It's not an RPG anymore, and I happen to hate adventure games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-09-23 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    It's one of their biggest fuckups in communication.
    1)—So hey, reforging was shit because people needed to play around hit and expertise.
    —But you deleted this shit and removed haste breakpoints.
    —You don't know shit.
    2)—So hey, we want ilevel to matter more and secondaries to matter less.
    —But it's true only for a 3-4 specs
    —You don't know shit.
    3)—So hey, we don't want to return reforging because people reforged worst stat to best stat anyway.
    —But this will devalue bad secondaries on gear and make you value ilevel more just like you wanted.
    —You don't know shit.
    4)—So hey, we came up with a nice idea of relics with second traits and a new RNG trait on top of it. And you also will find out if your new relic is not shit once you visit Vindicaar. It should be fun.
    —But it's counterintuitive as fuck and is literally worse version of reforging with no control over it.
    —You don't know shit.
    Haha, spot on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I would rate the content they used to give around an solid 7-8, with the meaning on how much they actually tried on fixing things and advertise the game. Showing the game is still a big piece of the market.

I would rate the content they are giving us now and how much they actually try people joining the game a solid 5.
    Edit: To enlighten my solid 5. The game is dumped down version of it's former glory with the idea of immersion being totally gone and the reward of taking your time into the game also being gone.

What about you?
    Give us relevant content. Blizz gives us relevant grinds... Why so much content.
    PvE content was never done that much. So if you dont like the content, stop playing. Not liking content=\= no content.