Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vacation destinations

What are your favorite vacation destinations? Any you can recommend to me? I've only ever been to Norway, Iceland, Sweden and Finland all my life.

Try Detroit
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    What are your favorite vacation destinations? Any you can recommend to me? I've only ever been to Norway, Iceland, Sweden and Finland all my life.
    I would say anywhere in the Mediterranean, but I might be biased.

Malaysia is pretty nice to spend a few weeks in though I've only been to Kota Kinabalu and the surroundings for more than a few days, as are the Philippines, particularly boracay.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-23 at 06:36 PM.

Maui, hawaii... the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Fiji

That's where I am saving up next year to visit for a few weeks. Hell everything I learned, I would sell it all buy a spot and live comfortable all the rest of my days with a hammock and tasty beverage just day dreaming MUAHAHA!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Not Europe right now. You will get blown up. South China and Australia are pretty good places to go

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    Not Europe right now. You will get blown up. South China and Australia are pretty good places to go
    How ridiculous, a friend of mine is doing a tour in Europe right now, she's been to France, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria, Germany and Czech Republic so far. Nobody has been blown up.

Been to Canada, Denmark and Norway and loved them all. ( important: during summer )

Prague is awesome and cheap. Singapore is great for all year weather.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Prague is awesome and cheap. Singapore is great for all year weather.
    Might just be because I've lived in Singapore some time but there's nothing that really stands out to me that's worth coming here for as a tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Might just be because I've lived in Singapore some time but there's nothing that really stands out to me that's worth coming here for as a tourist.
    The fact that the weather is great and the same all year, and the fact that everybody speaks English are hard things to find outsid of boring Caribbean/Hawaii beach vacations. I was there for about ten days last year and found that it had just the right amount of culture shock to keep me occupied. Great parks, best (English) transit system in the world, amazing food. I'm jealous.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

I'll probably enjoy Belgium. Their beers are so great.

The fact that the weather is great and the same all year, and the fact that everybody speaks English are hard things to find outsid of boring Caribbean/Hawaii beach vacations. I was there for about ten days last year and found that it had just the right amount of culture shock to keep me occupied. Great parks, best (English) transit system in the world, amazing food. I'm jealous.
    I guess you somehow didn't run into any people speaking singlish then? They piss me off.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-23 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    FOOD!!!! All those Hawker Centers.

Cuba of course. Last chance to see a very strange place before it is all gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Their Chicken rice is worth a trip all by itself. I know it isn't originally from there but they have certainly mastered it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lake Placid was always a favorite of mine, went there every Christmas when I was a kid, but I also hate anywhere hot unless I'm a walk away from the ocean or a pool. I'm cold and dead inside. Also it gets props for not being Canada.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Go to New Zealand. Spent 6months backpacking down there. Fantastic. (just make sure you get the seasons right )
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    FOOD!!!! All those Hawker Centers.
    Lmao, in another thread someone said they would be hesitant to date anyone that ate at hawker centres and now in this thread someone is praising them.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in New York right now and I'm loving it.

Having said that, it's a mental place. People just run across these crazy roads to get to the other side. It seems New Yorkers just don't fear death as much as I do.
    Me not that kind of Orc!