Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Will see who comes on top in the end but it seemed like the other regions' winnning teams took longer to complete the same dungeons, so comparing side to side, they're not winning. But we'll see.

But yeah, m+ invitational proved again "amazing class balance" we've already seen in TOS, there are 2 melee specs in the game, sub rogue and arms warr, rest doesn't count.

Tbh it isn't much better in ranged department, all I've seen was hunter, boomkin, lock.
    The current overpower from rogues comes definitely from equipment. Cloak + Shoulders + Glaive Trinket are just nuts. Without these items, sub rogues were just in the middle of the pack. A Shuriken Storm with 30 Stacks of the Cloak and Shoulders results in a 5mil crit per target (if played properly under tourney server circumstances). The glaive trinket, which is already very strong, got buffed by the shoulders as well + by some rogue multipliers. Warriors on the other hand have the abilites ravager, battle cry and avatar which are already very powerful without the usage of specific items. The glaive trinket profits also from battle cry and avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    You don't even know the kicker.

The team that dropped out of the EU region (less than 24 hours ago) re-seeded the brackets. WH wasn't on the same side of the bracket as Meowchan's group. When they re-seeded the brackets WH was moved to the same side as Meowchan's Group and Team Bigpull (team that got 2nd) away from Meowchan's side (essentially they swapped places).

Blizzard fucked the brackets less than 12 hours before EU qualifiers started. WH won't qualify for the world finals because of it.
    They had a family emergency, it's not blizz's fault, they had to reseed at that point.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    They had a family emergency, it's not blizz's fault, they had to reseed at that point.
    family emergency listen like "sorry, must go off, my kitchen is burning!" during the raid in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Will see who comes on top in the end but it seemed like the other regions' winnning teams took longer to complete the same dungeons, so comparing side to side, they're not winning. But we'll see.

But yeah, m+ invitational proved again "amazing class balance" we've already seen in TOS, there are 2 melee specs in the game, sub rogue and arms warr, rest doesn't count.

Tbh it isn't much better in ranged department, all I've seen was hunter, boomkin, lock.
    Some EU teams completely destroyed the timers. Looking at the scoreboards was baffling. Raider.io got the best timer on CoEN 1 min 30 faster than Honestly, despite having a rough start.

We saw a palret too, but you will always have classes stronger than the others, even slightly. Even if I'd like more diversity, you also see those specs because these are people's mains (except for Twise).

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    The current overpower from rogues comes definitely from equipment. Cloak + Shoulders + Glaive Trinket are just nuts. Without these items, sub rogues were just in the middle of the pack. A Shuriken Storm with 30 Stacks of the Cloak and Shoulders results in a 5mil crit per target (if played properly under tourney server circumstances). The glaive trinket, which is already very strong, got buffed by the shoulders as well + by some rogue multipliers. Warriors on the other hand have the abilites ravager, battle cry and avatar which are already very powerful without the usage of specific items. The glaive trinket profits also from battle cry and avatar.
    Funny how Blizzard cares to nerf things like drought for unholy or convergence for ret, but if it comes to rogues or warriors, that's another story.

Makes me sad that some classes got completely sidelined, a couple of patches ago havoc dh or ww monk were really good on aoe in dungeons even if not the best specs for raiding, atm they're just out of the picture?

It's Blizzard who designs "equipment" so if a class benefits massively from a legendary, trinket or set bonus to the point it comes head and shoulders above everyone else, that's thanks to the game devs no one else.

It's really boring to watch same fotm comps over and again.

Same things with healers, since the beginning of Legion priest and monk were not used much and nothing improved, maybe it even got worse. Disc and mistweaver got several changes but in the end, it changed nothing. I heard MW was at least useful in pvp, but I'm mostly checking the pve side of things, so this m+ invitational was finally something to watch, as I don't enjoy arena tournaments and such. But yeah, healers are pala / druid and occasional shaman.

And same thing with tanks, it's blood dk / druid and occassional dh from what I've seen today. At least dh tanks have some use in m+ because in raiding they're bottom of the barrel.

You can re-seed the bracket without moving teams from the top side to the bottom side (and drastically changing their 2nd Round match-ups).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Jesus fucking christ this utter retardation from Rich needs to end. Why would you bring in someone who knows NOTHING about this game to cast it? Yes, Honestly trashed the fuck out of lower by just going slow and doing INSANE damage, except no they made big pulls, they just had a much better strategy and made no mistakes. It turns out when you don't wipe over and over and skip huge areas of time consuming trash that gives very little percent that you crush the timer. SHOCKER.

Welcome to World of Warcraft Rich, why not shut the fuck up and pay attention to what's going on so you can say something not retarded for once?
    Shut up casual pleb. Hello Kitty Adventure Island is the other way.

Deleted
    I hope the MDI takes off in a big way, and it looks like it may be popular, given the viewer numbers today. Because as people have already noted, the class balance is really out of whack right now. It is not news to this crowd just how large the current differences are between specs when it comes to utility, movement and survivability. If the MDI takes off, I hope Blizzard will feel compelled to do something about this in 8.0. My priest main can only hope...

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be REALLY surprised if arms, sub, blood and restoD won't be nerfed to fuck before the new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I will be REALLY surprised if arms, sub, blood and restoD won't be nerfed to fuck before the new raid.
    And why not guardian or Hpala?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    It's sad to see WH get thrown out in the regionals, they'd definitely be in the top 3 globally, going up against Raider.IO and narrowly losing early on makes for a weak finals.
    Yeah it's a shame, honestly that matchup is likely to be the closest games that raider.io will have and it could easily have been the global finals if we had to go by what teams are the best, if not for their wipe on medivh they would almost certainly have taken Upper and Lower was also a really close match so it's a real shame they had to meet in semi finals.

Why do they need to reseed? Their opponent could simply get the buy, no need to switch other people around.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Except blood was always good in M+ just not in raid. The only new changes blood got since NH was traits and a DMG buff. Bears and monks got nerfed and all bosses are mainly physical which is why blood looks good atm.

NA teams will know how hard they have to pull though so some of the better ones can possibly put up a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    NA teams will know how hard they have to pull though so some of the better ones can possibly put up a good fight.
    With only 1 day of practice with those new bigger pulls? Sounds like recipe for wipes. Better stick to what they have been practicing.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain why there are regional disparities between players in both PvP and PvE? Like, regardless of whether I am watching the PVP tournament or now the MDI they're always talking about how certain regains are dominant and how comps vary. I mean, if something works in one region wouldn't it work just as well as in another or is it legitimately a case where one region is simply better at the game with xyz comps so new comps emerge elsewhere which may not be as good?

Drop some knowledge on this ignorant pleb.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-23 at 10:43 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Can someone explain why there are regional disparities between players in both PvP and PvE? Like, regardless of whether I am watching the PVP tournament or now the MDI they're always talking about how certain regains are dominant and how comps vary. I mean, if something works in one region wouldn't it work just as well as in another or is it legitimately a case where one region is simply better at the game with xyz comps so new comps emerge elsewhere which may not be as good?

It seems that there will always be a cookie cutter comp, and one region is opting for that strongest comp (bdk/guardian tanks, 2 arms, hunter/sub/lock dps, rdruid/rshaman (for grievous) healers), while others pick stuff like ret palas or whatever and do much worse times.

It's a very common thing in e-sports. Different regions adopt their own playstyle and their own metas.

playing WoW decently is easy. Playing at the level of the best teams at MDI is a lot harder then you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    family emergency listen like "sorry, must go off, my kitchen is burning!" during the raid in vanilla.
    You know nothing.