Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    For fun I went MG for a normal clear this week. Icy talons and Obliteration. Few orange scores and the rest were all purple so I'm happy. But that could mean fewer are playing frost so ranking is easier to do .
    My frost relics are all from NH with 58 traits in weapon. So no real crucible benefits.
    Got UH shoulders this week from WQ and thought I was locked into UH for the remainder of this xpac but I can still roll in as the spec I like more and do just fine.
    Again, play the spec YOU ENJOY the most and you'll do just fine.

On Argus I feel frost is a little more survivable soloing rates. IBF and one death strike brings me to full health

Deleted
    Frost seems pretty good on PTR. Last raid test I went UH and other DK in guild went frost. UH was a little bit ahead, but both pretty close.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new tier 2 set bonus seems pretty strong, albeit boring as fuck, will definitely bring it closer to unholy. Heck frost might even move to middle of the pack dps tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Still think with Tier and belt frost will be decent ST next tier, We'll see i guess
    As weapon damage increases the gap between belt and chest should indeed become smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    As weapon damage increases the gap between belt and chest should indeed become smaller.
    Rolling double traits with something like Nothing But the Boots and Ambi will be insane for Obliterate damage too, which unfortunately is going to make getting relics a fucking nightmare. Cause rolling those 2 will be insanely better than anything else if that is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Rolling double traits with something like Nothing But the Boots and Ambi will be insane for Obliterate damage too, which unfortunately is going to make getting relics a fucking nightmare. Cause rolling those 2 will be insanely better than anything else if that is the case.

This is for the chest simc profile so I imagine Ambi and NbtB will be even higher for the belt.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm currently leveling a frost DK. I'm enjoying it, but people keep telling me they're useless at lvl110 so I dunno what to think... Exactly how weak are frost DKs? I intend to raid casualy, and realy don't like UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently leveling a frost DK. I'm enjoying it.

Better to stick with this line of thinking, you enjoy it so you play it. Don't let what is currently viable for mythic content sway your casual raiding play style.

In a Mythic Raid setting, Unholy is slightly ahead. This guy ^ hit the nail on the head (play what you enjoy).
    Hellborne - US Illidan
    Armory | Warcraft Logs | Raider.IO

I tried unholy a bunch of times but couldnt really get the hang of it. I was fortunate enough to get the chest and wrist legos for frost so im happy with that. Need some good trinkets as im using the astral stone at 935 and a 915 str trinket that gives a stacking buff to crit (i forget the name)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I tried unholy a bunch of times but couldnt really get the hang of it. I was fortunate enough to get the chest and wrist legos for frost so im happy with that. Need some good trinkets as im using the astral stone at 935 and a 915 str trinket that gives a stacking buff to crit (i forget the name)
    Try to get a high Eye of Command (i have a 925+gem), Horn of Valor, Cradle of Anguish, Fel Oiled Infernal Machine, Chaos Talisman...high StatStick-Trinkets (got some good one's from the 650 Argunit items from Argus) are very nice to.

Eye of Command. Thats the one i got . It WF to 915 with a gem. Currently playing roulette with argunite for better trinkets / Relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Eye of Command. Thats the one i got . It WF to 915 with a gem. Currently playing roulette with argunite for better trinkets / Relics.
    Eye of Command is one of the best (maybe THE best) trinket 4 frost obliteration in a single target fight - if you don't switch your target tbh.

Cleared Heroic TOS last night in about 2 hours with a new guild and i have to admit my dps was pretty solid. Damage ranged from 1.1 to 1.4 million sustained depending on the fight which was right in line with everyone else in the guild. Ilvl 929 with 4P, bracers and chest as my legends.

The only diff btw my build and the standard ones is that I choose Scythe for the aoe dmg and more efficient KM procs. All-in-all i was very impressed with frost overall, considering how skeptical i was a few months ago when they got rid of the BoS spec.

*sidenote Cold Heart dropped for me in this week's weekly chest and man that thing is a beast. 5.3 mill crits its ridiculous. $20 says they nerf it =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grgunderson View Post
    Cleared Heroic TOS last night in about 2 hours with a new guild and i have to admit my dps was pretty solid. Damage ranged from 1.1 to 1.4 million sustained depending on the fight which was right in line with everyone else in the guild. Ilvl 929 with 4P, bracers and chest as my legends.

The only diff btw my build and the standard ones is that I choose Scythe for the aoe dmg and more efficient KM procs. All-in-all i was very impressed with frost overall, considering how skeptical i was a few months ago when they got rid of the BoS spec.

*sidenote Cold Heart dropped for me in this week's weekly chest and man that thing is a beast. 5.3 mill crits its ridiculous. $20 says they nerf it =(
    Frostscythe is pretty garbage outside of Mistress, and even that's debatable if your group doesn't suck. It's good combined with Soul of the Deathlord for m+, especially teeming.

Cold Heart is indeed insane (my last legendary to get, thx Blizzderp). If you think 5.3m is the highest you can get with it, you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm willing to even go as far as stating that it's the second best legendary of all classes overall, second only to rogue shoulders. I'm really surprised it isn't nerfed yet. It will though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-10-04 at 07:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are we using the belt for t21? Or stick with cold heart and bracers next raid?

Quote Originally Posted by grgunderson View Post
    It could be a gear thing but I hit 7.5-8 mil crits easily on world rares around 935 equip ilvl (no Str flask / rune either). Along with PoF, make sure your other Str procs are up ideally before you pop it (15% from runeforge and concordance). I'm also using bracers leg so that's another 15% increased frost damage.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-10-05 at 03:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tomb is done, the new raid is almost out and this xpac is almost done and people are bickering about if Frost is "good" at this juncture.

Every time a raid comes out the specs change, so I'm not sure why this question is even being asked. Frost could be garbage or #1 in the next raid, that's how open ended this xpac has been.