Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Looks like you may have tripped and the spilling of your tea distracted you from the concussion. Illidan is a tragic character, if not the most tragic in the Warcraft universe. And that kinda contradicts all you've wrote there.
    In an imperfect world such as ours (or as WoW's) the Übermensch is quite the tragic character. In fact, in Nietszche's writings he's the prototype of tragic heroism.

Also, no need to be rude.

He's an anti-hero and his design is cool. That's why people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    In an imperfect world such as ours (or as WoW's) the Übermensch is quite the tragic character. In fact, in Nietszche's writings he's the prototype of tragic heroism.

Also, no need to be rude.
    Well, to be honest, people like characters like Illidan because these are rather rude than polite, generally "don't give a fuck" and do whatever they want. It's pretty common to glorify rudeness and selfishness as "display of strength".

Obviously a good storytelling includes a more complicated character that isn't just black or white, but generally audience seems to like characters who on top of whatever motivations they have, also behave like jerks. And then you wonder why people are jerks for no reason.

I'd wish to believe some characters are cool despite being jerks, and not because of, however I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Illidan is a tragic character, if not the most tragic in the Warcraft universe.
    The only tragic part was the TBC story, or rather lack thereof, it was a hot mess and I think Blizzard realized they wasted the potential of the character so they decided to bring it back and rewrite the story.

Arthas is a tragic character - he became the very thing he wanted to defend against. Illidan actually succeeds in the end. And the price for it is fitting. Tragic would be if the only way of stopping Buning Legion was through sacrificing Tyrande or Azeroth, the 2 beings he wanted to save.

So... is everyone just pretending he didnt murder a naru infront of everyone now?

i feel people should be more... angry at him for doing that then they are...

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    So... is everyone just pretending he didnt murder a naru infront of everyone now?

You mean npcs or players? Turalyon was pretty pissed however he'll have bigger concerns soon like his wife being a voidperson.

Pretty sure he's popular because whenever you remeber Warcraft 3 you either remember Illidan or Arthas. everyone else was like "oh that tauren guy who looked like a Tree with bad textures" or "Mounted Orc". Of course there are exceptions, but i know a plenty of people who doesn't know warcraft that well but they do know Illidan and Arthas.

and i dare say Arthas is more popular, but he just isn't around enough to be that poplar.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean npcs or players? Turalyon was pretty pissed however he'll have bigger concerns soon like his wife being a voidperson.
    Well yeah he was angry but they all should of been that angry ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

He defended himself.. so.. while technically murder noone can blame him for it. Imagine a jehovah's witness just entering your house and forcing you to listen to their nonsense - while you might not kill them you will definitely show them the door, forcefully if you must. If that same jehovah's witness came at you with a knife..

And what's to be angry about? What is a Naaru to me? or anyone not connected to the light.. Hell even Velen said what she did was rather odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post
    He defended himself.. so.. while technically murder noone can blame him for it. Imagine a jehovah's witness just entering your house and forcing you to listen to their nonsense - while you might not kill them you will definitely show them the door, forcefully if you must. If that same jehovah's witness came at you with a knife..

And what's to be angry about? What is a Naaru to me? or anyone not connected to the light.. Hell even Velen said what she did was rather odd.
    really not an Illidan Fangirl, but Xe'ra forced herself on him. He defended his self, his choices, his individuality. I think the mother of Light would have been wise to read a bit about consent...

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    He's the edgiest character in the game that loses his shit when he doesn't get the girl, something that a lot of you guys can relate to
    His chat:
    *comes in the room*

Hey!

-- no response from the girl for 5 minutes --

Him:
    *backs away slowly*

Perhaps I had done wrong on you, m'lady. XD

Her:

Seen, 2;22 PM

Him, after 2 weeks on FB:
    Man, why do all the girls hate nice guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post

I'm in no way fan of Xera, but Illidan screamed he sacrificed everything, when in essence he sacrificed the lives of his moonguard and doomed several others in pursuit of his power. For Xera, Illidan is like a moonguard she is willing to sacrifice to end Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    I'm in no way fan of Xera, but Illidan screamed he sacrificed everything, when in essence he sacrificed the lives of his moonguard and doomed several others in pursuit of his power. For Xera, Illidan is like a moonguard she is willing to sacrifice to end Sargeras.
    I'm not saying what she did was wrong from her PoV, but she should've known better considering she "knew" him.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It's quite ironic how edgy the OP is
    damn that burn tho
    change can't wait.

Good guy walks up to world ending threat, bashes with hammer and becomes hero. - Typical warcraft narrative

Morally ambiguous character resorts to desperate, despicable measures to defeat world ending threat. - Illidan narrative

Illidan's story is relatively unique and more logical as well. Villains become meaningless when they accomplish nothing and just roll ever when 20 random people walk up to them.