Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I bet when they grow up they will need to be given play-doh and coloring books as coping mechanisms when they don't get their way.

Just more of the whiners trying to level the playing field because they don't have the balls to get ahead on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    All countries need fixing. Canada is great because we realize we have work to do.
    Your not from the prairies are you?

Did the UK just out-USA the US? o.0

how can you stop this outside of school? Ridiculous.

Everyone will pretend to conform while in school and hang, or talk to their best friends outside of school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just because I'm a big wanker in school with no friends means nobody else can have friends: what a GREAT DAY to be alive fam

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Next step: All children should call each other comrade.

Oh, my bad, some places were already trying to do that first.

All countries need fixing. Canada is great because we realize we have work to do.
    Start with Montreal, like wtf is that carnival, side-show looking town anyhow?!

just kidding <3 Canada.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like little George is going to be allowed to slum with the normal poor kids when he grows up ...

As if.. Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, choosing not to have best friends was one of the best decisions I made when younger. I got so tired of the games, the bullshit, the "who's your bestest best friend?" nonsense. Finally told these people to fuck off. Taught me who was and wasn't actually my friends.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    what planet is this?

Sadly this kind of nonsense has already infected the USA. I watch my granddaughter quite a bit so I am on the email list from the school. They have the rule that you can't pass out invitations at school unless you give one to everyone (I actually got talked to because invitations where brought for her entire class and one was brought for a student in a different classroom). They also sent everyone an email around valentine's day letting parents know that not only did you have to give one to every student, but that you weren't allowed to pass out any "special" ones. They all had to be the same, and to ensure that nobody would receive "special" ones parents were told not to put any receiving names on the cards and that the teacher would distribute them.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/s...eelings-2017-9

I suppose this is the new world that we are living in. We must adapt.
    Ugh, no. This is wrong. Schools aren't a safe space, you are meant to develop within the school, both academically and social.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    For fuck sake. If you do a little bit of research you'll find out that this entire article is nothing but fake news nonsense.

They don't forbid or ban kids from having 'besties'. They just encourage all the kids to be kind and friendly towards everyone, and encourage people to invite -everyone- to their birthday parties instead of leaving kids out.

Just more fake news and just more people who gobble it up. What else is new.
    Well, if this is so, then I feel a bit better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Your not from the prairies are you?
    I've spent a fair bit of time there. What about them?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/s...eelings-2017-9

I suppose this is the new world that we are living in. We must adapt.
    One where we reprint second hand social commentary from fashion magazines about issues that could not possibly be implemented?

And the war continues! If you aren't a social butterfly there's something wrong with you and it needs to be corrected by force! <sarcasm tag>
    Signature not found

Aside from the shortcomings already pointed out in the article, this "no best friends" policies also does nothing to address kids who get isolated. They'll continue to be isolated from social groups. And now, they wont even be allowed to have a singular "best friend", because if you're not friends with the group, you aren't allowed to be friends with anyone, apparently.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2017-09-24 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    And the war continues! If you aren't a social butterfly there's something wrong with you and it needs to be corrected by force! <sarcasm tag>
    Remember to keep the clamps nearby incase subject resists cooperation and needs a good shock.

So...they're forcing kids to be friends with others they may not like?

"If you don't be my friend, I'm going to tell the teacher on you!" is what I read.