Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >I'm not a supporter of violence
    >While supporting police brutality.

Sure, sure, you keep telling yourself that.
    Nice try dude, this issent police violence. Open your eyes trollface.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    This is not a valid argument. It is a bit like me putting surveillance cameras all over your house and when you object I ask what you are hiding. There are a lot of issues with body cams. Would you want to have everything you do/say at work recorded and possibly scrutinized.
    If my job involved carrying a gun around that I'm expected to use, you bet your ass I'd want one, so when something like this happened I could point to it and go "Hey, look. This footage shows I was in the right. I gave him a warning to put down the weapon, instead he charged at me with it and screamed 'Death to pigs!' This footage shows I did the right thing."

It's not something that they'd go over at the end of every shift - "Ooh, I see you spent 5 minutes getting coffee. We'll dock your pay." It's like a damned Dashcam. There for when shit hits the fan and we can see what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    In this particular case I need to disagree.
    Yeah is you are going to pitch some kind of criticism of the action why not ask the obvious question. Where was this cop's partner? That could have made all the difference. Never the less, this guy will get off scott free for following training(guy was still standing after 7 shots, still holding whatever he took from the officer, don't complain about him being shot 7 times) and the horde of dumbfounded dipshits will continue to be dumbfounded.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

If you actually watch the video you can see the guy took something from the officers belt, it could've been a tazer or pepper spray and if he did the cop had every right to do what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Yeah, no. When someone is attacking you you do not "wait" to see if they give up. in this case the police officer is under attack. If you dont want to get shot (by anyone, not just cops) DO NOT ATTACK THEM.
    If its me shooting my 15 round clip or "waiting" if the guy who broke into my house decides to not attack my kid im still going to empty my gun. It's just not feasible to do othwerise.
    You should google some of the times reporters and people like you who think its so easy went to the training cops get in these situations. Every single time the people either get killed by the assailant or shoot them and have to admit its not that fucking easy
    I agree with you. But someone needs to be the better person.
    But lets talk about it like this...how many gun deaths by cops have their been the last year ?? The fact that they teach you like that says enough. In most country's ( western) country's talking and warning people comes before lets empty my clip into them...

And your comparison has nothing to do with this. This is not about a burglary. That is a completely different situation.

And i do not thing its easy. I just use statistics that https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries
    ( this is about cop shootings btw). I am not saying it is easy. I am not saying ( what you make it into) that it is only the cops fault ( learn 2 read sir) I blame the man who stole the ammo clip from the cop ( aka the person people call the victim).
    I am just saying the number of cop shootings is in proportion very high in US.
    But you are not willing to see this. Because it hits to close to home. But look at the numbers please.

Lets multiply the numbers so the same amount of people live in both country's:

England and wales ( normal 55 mil) , US 316 mil

England and wales had 55 cop shootings in 24 years. Lets x that by 6. so that is 330 ( if they had the same population as US) 330 divided by 24 years is: ( rounded up) 14 deaths a year.
    US had 55 cop shootings in a year.

So us has about 4 times as much cop shootings deaths then england and wales.

Or how about iceland vs a city in the US both around 300k people living there. Iceland had 1 fatal police shooting in 77 years, the city had 3 in 5 months. if we would count 77 years it would be around 555 in the US city vs 1 in iceland.

it goes on and on.

So again.
    In this case the "victim" is the cop. He did less wrong then the thief. But he could have acted different.
    If you look at all the cop "killings" in the last years...allot of them are over reactions. And it is becoming worse. So saying its us or them does not cut it here. Something needs to change!

>I'm not a supporter of violence
    >While supporting police brutality.

Sure, sure, you keep telling yourself that.
    What would you have done in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Yet ANOTHER cop shooting an unarmed person. This time it was SEVEN SHOTS and captured on video.
    He took the cops pepper spray from his belt. You can clearly see it in the video. Now you say the guy had no weapon and is unarmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    What would you have done in this situation?
    Clearly you take the guy trying to stab you down duh

Yet it only happens often in the US and third world countries.
    Makes you wonder, huh?
    If you took away all of the firearm-related deaths per year in the United States, we are still higher than any other developed western country in the world for murder by other means. Despite knives being the weapon of choice for criminals in the UK, the US has more stabbing murders, by an insane margin, than the UK does. This is also if you completely remove the police from the equation too. People in the US are hyper-individualistic, and have very little concern for the tribe or group as a whole, beyond whatever group they belong to. There is very little public consciousness.

On the other hand, we have a lot less rapes and assaults per year than most developed western countries as well. In short, violence in the US is more likely to be of a fatal variety, whether there are guns involved or not. Hell, you're more likely to die from getting punched in the face in the US than you are from getting punched in the UK. It's not a problem with the police, or even gun ownership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Yeah, and then you do that really cool multi-step knife defense maneuver they taught you in weekend-warrior krav maga, and if you instead opt to shoot him, it just means you were a pussy who sucks at being an awesome, badass Steven Seagal impersonator. Everyone knows real men use their bare hands to stop someone with a lethal weapon...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Pretty much.

A lot of these shootings seem to happen because cops are pissing their pants while dealing with people, because they don't have their partner with them.

Isn't that basic protocol and training too, to handle all cases with a partner?
    In this case, the shooting happened because the cop finally decided he should stop showing restraint and shoot the assailant who was armed with a lethal weapon. He should have shot much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Naw you let the suspect pepper spray you first and maybe take your gun from your belt while you are on the ground in pain. Then the suspect shoots and kills you instead. That is the type of justice the OP and people that agree with the OP want. Even as idiotic as it sounds. All Cops Are Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Naw you let the suspect pepper spray you first and maybe take your gun from your belt. Then the suspect shoots and kills you. That is the type of justice the OP and people that agree with the OP want. Even as idiotic as it sounds. All Cops Are Bad!
    "Suspect?" How fucking dare you! He was an oppressed, tragic hero who was fighting back against those dirty jack-booted pinkskins! The real injustice is that the whole town hasn't marched on that pig's home and eaten him and his family in a display of cannibalistic justice for the tragic hero. Shame on them!

Assault a cop get shot. Pretty easy. If you don't want to get shot by a cop don't attack them.

jezus christ ... where is the tazer ? why is there no talking ? wtf ..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like suicide by cop. Why was the officer all alone though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    He took those shots like a champ.
    Either shock combined with adrenaline or he's inebriated.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-09-24 at 12:50 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Did you see the part where he pulled out a knife, tried stabbing him in the face, and then wrestled the officer to the ground? This guy was asking to get shot, and the officer should have shot as soon as he saw him walking toward him with a knife.

Figured there was more to it than the original video.

HB cops throw down with drunk, violent assholes all. the. damn. time. The don't shoot unless you give them a damn good reason to.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah watched this a few times, the cop had plenty of time to reassess the situation without using lethal force, this was murder.
    I don't know, if you watch, the suspect pulls something off the officers belt, and at 14 seconds in, the suspect is holding a black object in his hand, that he pulled off the officers belt. Seems like its pretty justified, I usually am very against lethal use of force, but no one is going to let you point something at them, if you do something like that, you're going to die.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Looks like suicide by cop. Why was the officer all alone though?
    My guess is he was getting violent with or threatening bystanders and needed to intervene before backup arrived.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    My guess is he was getting violent with or threatening bystanders and needed to intervene before backup arrived.
    Are they prohibited from asking for a hand till backup arrives or they've got the cuffs in place? Drunks are difficult to pin-down let alone a big dude like this... could also just run the clock acting as a mediator till backup gets there.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-09-24 at 12:57 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Figured there was more to it than the original video.

HB cops throw down with drunk, violent assholes all. the. damn. time. The don't shoot unless you give them a damn good reason to.
    And this pretty much says it all, suspect was tazed (after the officer tried to restrain), after the suspect was tazed, he attacked the officer. Once the suspect was on the ground, and attack back (instead of just fucking complying), he pulls something off the belt, officer drops back, points weapon (show of force), the suspect then, holding the removed item (black item in right hand) stands up, and looks at the officer, which is quite threatening, so the officer decides to neutralize.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    jezus christ ... where is the tazer ?
    Warning: Graphic Content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyfYLg0HzE

Tasers don't work. They're fucking worthless if someone is wearing even remotely baggy clothes, or if someone just decides to not give a shit about the pain. If someone is on drugs, or in an amped up mental state, or a disordered mental state, they may just not respond to pain. Before you get any ideas, pepper spray is shit too. Warning: Graphic Content. Relevant section of second video is from the timestamp to 1:45.

https://youtu.be/98Ly2Quy4Ms?t=1m15s

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why is there no talking ? wtf ..
    There might have been, but it may not have been picked up by the crappy phone audio. On the other hand, most people in their right mind would stop upon having a gun drawn on them. It's usually a more effective deterrent than language. The cop (correctly) probably thought that if the suspect wouldn't stop upon facing the barrel of a gun, words wouldn't stop him either.