Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This has more to do with the engine and competition in the market than the BR mode.

Hopefully someone else brought it up. I got tired after the first page of no one reading.

Gotta admit I kind of hope Bluehole make a MOBA or MMO now. Will be fun watching them bitch over an MMO because it's "similar to our game"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gotta admit I kind of hope Bluehole make a MOBA or MMO now. Will be fun watching them bitch over an MMO because it's "similar to our game"
    Seems like you're employed there. Why don't you bring it up to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Seems like you're employed there. Why don't you bring it up to them?
    Nice to see you don't have any argument or discussion left other than the usual "shill" one. Guess I'll just throw you on ignore for now. Saves me having to waste time on your vitriol fuelled posts in which you claim to speak for the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    Tera is owned by Bluehole and it's dogshit
    Oh didn't know that. To be honest I keep it installed and play it on rare occasions but I'm waiting for it to come to PS4/XB1.

Nice to see you don't have any argument or discussion left other than the usual "shill" one. Guess I'll just throw you on ignore for now. Saves me having to waste time on your vitriol fuelled posts in which you claim to speak for the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh didn't know that. To be honest I keep it installed and play it on rare occasions but I'm waiting for it to come to PS4/XB1.
    Playing the ignorance card huh. And I mentioned the fact of Bluehole making shit mmo's in my previous posts you so genuinely "read". Seems like you just skipped over every criticism of the game with LOL DIDNT READ GOOD GAME EARLY ACCESS.

And that last sentence alone....smh....smh

They just handed Fortnite a BUNCH of free publicity. GG
    READ and be less Ignorant.

This is pathetic.

Imagine if Blizzard would take legal action against any MMO that has mentioned WoW or Riot taking legal action against any MOBA released after LoL. It would just be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This is pathetic.

Imagine if Blizzard would take legal action against any MMO that has mentioned WoW or Riot taking legal action against any MOBA released after LoL. It would just be stupid.
    I find it more amusing than pathetic.

But yeah it is pathetic

Bluehole kinda dug themselves in a hole here. Biggest reason being they are slamming the company supplying their game engine for PUBG.

If I recall didn't Blizzard try to take legal action over Dota 2?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-23 at 11:19 PM.

I think that was over the Dota name though. I'm not sure and I can't be bothered to Ask Jeeves.

Deleted
    I find it more amusing than pathetic.

It was only about the name iirc

So that interview was basically throwing napalm on the fire. Korea gonna Korea and continue to understand absolutely nothing about the western market/media.

I feel bad for their US PR team right now, their inboxes have to be blowing the fuck up from all sides.

As others said it had nothing to do with game mechanics, just blizzard taking issue with the name since DoTA was a mod for Warcraft 3.

Deleted
    it's like a lot of people don't know where the term 'roguelike' came from or why it even came about.

the crux of all the arguments here is that however you look at it, PUBG's PR did an incredibly dumb thing because they're just giving Fortnite free publicity. how many headlines did that game hit just because of this?

imagine the random joe who could have been somewhat interested in pubg, but say couldn't afford it, reads an article about this because PUBG is also in the headline and he sees that there's another battle royale game and a free one at that. they've basically shot themselves in the foot here, with a fucking RPG.

And the few respect I had for them is just gone.

"We used an existing idea to make a game, that idea now belongs to us, and anybody trying to use it better be careful."

IDK, maybe it's because I don't like Battle Royale games, but I never understood why PUBg took off like it did. It's not some huge innovation, there were games that did the exact same things it's doing before it came out, and obviously more will follow. The devs thinking they somehow have rights to the battle royale format is kinda crazy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As others said it had nothing to do with game mechanics, just blizzard taking issue with the name since DoTA was a mod for Warcraft 3.
    And some hero names like Jaina, Skeleton King and Windrunner. But that'fair considering they are Blizzard property.

You can't copyright genres but this fortnite looks like an outright copy/paste.

Anyway, I think PUBG is a shit tier game and will die as soon as a "battle royale" game with high production quality is published.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortnite looks much better built.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wrong, their battle royale mode is just a subset of what there is. Yeah, this game looks interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    They just handed Fortnite a BUNCH of free publicity. GG
    I didn't even know game existed. Now, I am interested
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-09-24 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Anyway, I think PUBG is a shit tier game and will die as soon as a "battle royale" game with high production quality is published.
    PUBG has the same chance of dying as WoW does. It has captured lighting in a bottle and broke all records.

It is 5:44am EST and its sitting at 1.2 million people playing, The next runner up in this style of game is H1Z1 and its sitting at 61k. There is a near ZERO chance this game will die even more so anytime soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    It's really awkward that they have concerns about Fortnite... that game has it's own unique spin to it, unlike their very own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    PUBG has the same chance of dying as WoW does. It has captured lighting in a bottle and broke all records.

It is 5:44am EST and its sitting at 1.2 million people playing, The next runner up in this style of game is H1Z1 and its sitting at 61k. There is a near ZERO chance this game will die even more so anytime soon.
    PUBG has a shit production quality, whereas WoW was and still is the finest MMO ever produced when it comes to production quality. Huge difference.