Poll: Underwater Zone

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes it IS underwater......
    i mean... being underground you are "technically underwater" but i mean...
    the wholy point of a water zone is your in water, not just... water around you.

I liked the mini under-water section in Suramar.
    It seems they're getting better at mob placement and density in full 3D space.
    An improvement over the already good Vashj'ir.
    I eagerly look forward to more underwater segments in the future, even if we don't see full zones.

Deleted
    I think lessons from Vashj'ir could be used to make a decent zone. By fuck it have to be much smaller....

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind one, but I also don't think anything needs to be changed. I don't really 'love' the idea of an underwater zone more than a regular zone - I'd be happy with one, I'd be fine with none.

I actually did enjoy Vashj'ir, I felt its quest-flow was the best in Cataclysm, and I was sorry we haven't gotten more multi-part zones like it until Argus (and as far as quest-flow goes for the storyline, Argus isn't as good - you don't really do anything in Antorus the way you do in the other two zones).

I'd heard people griping about Vashj'ir before going in and kept playing waiting for the horrible to strike, and then the zone was over and I was off to Deepholm. Still don't get the hate.

Vashj'ir was epic. I am used to 3D space games (EVE online), so when Vashj'ir came out, and a level 85 tried to gank my 81, I kicked their ass swimming circles around them. 3D spaces are difficult for some to grasp if it's new to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Vashj'ir was epic. I am used to 3D space games (EVE online), so when Vashj'ir came out, and a level 85 tried to gank my 81, I kicked their ass swimming circles around them. 3D spaces are difficult for some to grasp if it's new to them.
    And then everyone clapped. Sorry, this didn't happen.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I think lessons from Vashj'ir could be used to make a decent zone. By fuck it have to be much smaller....
    This doesn't make any sense and is one of the dumbest things people complain about with Vashj'ir. You move around MUCH MUCH faster with the seahorse than you do in any other zone and the scale isn't that much larger to offset that. Unless you're an idiot, Vashj'ir is literally the most efficient zone to move around in the entire game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This doesn't make any sense and is one of the dumbest things people complain about with Vashj'ir. You move around MUCH MUCH faster with the seahorse than you do in any other zone and the scale isn't that much larger to offset that. Unless you're an idiot, Vashj'ir is literally the most efficient zone to move around in the entire game.
    No it means there is a lot of empty space or needlessly large subzones. Needing a mount to move about a zone to make it comparable to moving around by foot just shows that. i don't want to need to mount up to make a zone tolerable. Im a MUCH bigger fan of the compact zones in legion and would want that reflected in future zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forgot how much players hate 3d zones. The pain of finding raiders to handle the Malygos fight.... omfg.... so many people so bad when put into a 3d environment. Or another favorite was zoning into Oculus via the group finder and watching everyone but me leave. I actually liked that about Oculus cause it was relatively easy to pull friends in to finish that dungeon; one of the EASIEST to run back in Wrath.

The only part of Vash I enjoyed was the submarine at the end of questing there. We need more submarines!

Yeah sure, its literally just flying so unless you are keyboard turning theres no big movement issue, you have been doing the same since BC but just in the air instead of underwater which in a game like WoW with little player to world physics beyond 'fall down after jumping up' its exactly the same.

Plus deep sea stuff is rad as shit.

I quite liked Vashj'ir.

With the number of water mounts we've received in the last two years I kinda started wondering if we weren't getting another one next expansion.

Never saw a problem with it the first time around. That zone was interesting in terms of storylines and visually amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    ugh. How many of you who voted yes actually played Vashir while it was current? As in leveled through iy during launch?
    Only on about five characters. Enjoyed it each time.

The only problem I had with it at launch was the wait for the ship to get there, and the bug that broke one of the main questlines. Other than that, it was a great zone. Very atmospheric. Personally, the worst parts for me were the out-of-water parts where we went inside those giant crabs. That felt slow by comparison.

I really do want another underwater zone, as long as we got to use our seahorses again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only if we get permanent water breathing and abe able to use a super fast underwater mount.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Only on about five characters. Enjoyed it each time.

The only problem I had with it at launch was the wait for the ship to get there, and the bug that broke one of the main questlines. Other than that, it was a great zone. Very atmospheric. Personally, the worst parts for me were the out-of-water parts where we went inside those giant crabs. That felt slow by comparison.

I really do want another underwater zone, as long as we got to use our seahorses again.
    This. Played Vashj'ir at launch and chose it over Hyjal for most of my characters.

Only problem I ever had with it was the very first character, in the opening hour of Cata launch, because the servers were unstable enough that the ship would bug out, and the Naga grabbing people in the water would bug out, and at the time that initial shell was one person looting at a time so there was a massive bottleneck in the first couple quests.

I enjoyed Vashj'ir. I thought it was creative and beautifully done. I am sure the forums will fill with complaints if it happens, but how would that be different from how they are now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Only if we get permanent water breathing and abe able to use a super fast underwater mount.
    We got both of these within the first few quests in Vashj'ir.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm sorry, but the immersion factor goes right out the window with zones like Vashj'ir.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    And then everyone clapped. Sorry, this didn't happen.
    No, it did. Idiot couldn't grasp how to fight in a 3d environment.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Forgot how much players hate 3d zones. The pain of finding raiders to handle the Malygos fight.... omfg.... so many people so bad when put into a 3d environment. Or another favorite was zoning into Oculus via the group finder and watching everyone but me leave. I actually liked that about Oculus cause it was relatively easy to pull friends in to finish that dungeon; one of the EASIEST to run back in Wrath.
    The 3D aspect to the Occulus wasn't why people disliked it. It was because none of their gear, talent choices, or skill with their class mattered. It was all replaced by the vehicle system. That, and aggro in that place was massively out of control. You couldn't move 5 feet in the wrong direction without pulling 20 dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    No, it did. Idiot couldn't grasp how to fight in a 3d environment.
    To be fair, the camera controls for WoW aren't really set up very well to handle a true 3D environment like Vash'jr. It makes me wonder if people would be more accepting of such zones if they were forced to use the Action Camera setting any time they entered the water.