Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Timeless had infinite range charge stunning mobs which was dumb as hell but at least that was only on a 5th of the island.
    PTSD intensifies.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Ethereal will probably never be playable as they have no face. Same goes for Ogre that have no female model.

The next race is probably something like a dragon / humanoid hybrid or the naga.
    Unless they'll only focus on sub races (which I think is likely thx to the draenei model we got)

We're what, 5 or 6 weeks away from the reveal? I hope we'll start getting some 7.3.5 info soon

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Read the post I was replying to...
    It doesn't mean that they can't wear gear, it might mean that in the back-end they can wear gear and the you see on the Ethereals right now is just baked into the model after it's been designed nude, but they could have a naked model of just bandages as a separate model when releasing it as a race.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

It doesn't mean that they can't wear gear, it might mean that in the back-end they can wear gear and the you see on the Ethereals right now is just baked into the model after it's been designed nude, but they could have a naked model of just bandages as a separate model when releasing it as a race.
    The real problem is that they aren't player model quality. These models were meant for NPCs. So Blizz would just have to make a new model for use as a player race anyway.

Calling it now, Krokul for the Alliance and Nightfallen for the Horde.

They might let players have some of the Lightforged features, but I think the main reason was to have the Light slaves look different from the other draenei. I don't really see the Army of Light joining the normal draenei after Legion. They'll probably run off to punch tentacle monsters or something.

Broken draenei are much more likely, though they are missing a female model.

10+ Year Old Account
    whatever they do I just hope we finally get new Worgen (with fixed faces) and Goblin models, they are sorely needed, especially Worgen...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Ethereal will probably never be playable as they have no face. Same goes for Ogre that have no female model.
    Lack of a remale model is not an issue. Worgen prove that

7+ Year Old Account
    They updated models for Troggs, Yetis and Wendigos in 7.3.

Big Foot expansion incoming!

Typically at the end of an expansion we see tests for later expansion technology or models, for instance the new Garrosh model in WotLK, which inspired the Pandaren model in MoP, which inspired the newer Garrosh at the end of MoP, which inspired the new race models in WoD. At the end of WoD we had new demon models for Legion.

So it's interesting to speculate what Argus means for the new Xpac, they've created 3 new zones in Argus, with a range of new models and not just using sporebats. Such as the Broken and the Void-Broken that are a lot like Pale Orcs (void devolved Orcs), the Ethereals, the new space panthers, etc. Does this mean that not just Etherals like Locus Walker might be involved in the next expansion, but Broken/Void Broken as well?

My speculation on this means that there's a slight likelihood that Argus either becomes a 1-20 newbie zone for a new Ethereal race in the next expansion (who have to clean out the remaining fel/void remnants in Mac'aree) or that a large population of survivors get relocated onto Azeroth, including the Krokul faction of Broken who assist us in fighting the void on Azeroth.
    We also saw yeti's and trogg updated, something not used in new content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We also saw yeti's and trogg updated, something not used in new content
    thus more hints towards a world revamp

Quote Originally Posted by FlanFran View Post
    thus more hints towards a world revamp
    Or yeti/trogg on kultiras

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

The next race is probably something like a dragon / humanoid hybrid or the naga.
    Unless they'll only focus on sub races (which I think is likely thx to the draenei model we got)

We're what, 5 or 6 weeks away from the reveal? I hope we'll start getting some 7.3.5 info soon
    Pandaren never had a model, just because there is no female ogre model doesent mean it cant be made

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Source on them unable to wear gear?

looks fine to me
    They are models made with the gear o nthem, not models with gear added on after.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Atleast Lightforged, there's no way all those unique hairstyles that fit playable draenei models were only created for nameless npcs.
    The Nightborne are an entire race of NPCs based on player models with their own customizations and unique armor that will probably never see the light of day on player-characters. So I wouldn't bet on this being the case either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaprika View Post
    Calling it now, Krokul for the Alliance and Nightfallen for the Horde.
    Yeah, they're definitely grooming Nightfallen as a horde thing with Sigryn and Liadrin talking about it in the Vindicaar. Lorewise it makes sense since the blood elves had to deal with their sunwell/arcane magic issue too. Strong ties in challenges.

And I do really want it lorewise that the krokuul come to Azeroth after all this. Those poor fuckers deserve a serious break after the millenia of horrific bullshit they had to go through, plus cheif Hatuun strikes me as a pretty neat guy. Only thing is I wonder--would they be distinct enough from Dranei to count as a different race? Other then not being able to be priests/paladins, and they'd have to have their own starting zone I would think...well it would be interesting to see.

Its fun to think about especially from this angle... it was surprising to our people when Argus turned up in the sky. Everyone in Dal pretty much lost their shit. Can you imagine the wonder and hope the Krokuul had to feel when Azeroth appeared in the sky one random day? Wow. Seriously.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2017-09-24 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The Nightborne are an entire race of NPCs based on player models with their own customizations and unique armor that will probably never see the light of day on player-characters. So I wouldn't bet on this being the case either.
    Nightborne are at quite some distance from the lightforged draenei. The nightborne are completely remodeled, and their armor is 3d and specific to their models. Lightforged draenei are just regular draenei with a slightly different skin, wearing player available armor.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know if it's just a Wowmodelviewer thing, but the lightforged draenei do appear as a completely separate model, unlike dark iron/wildhammer dwarves, high elves or demon hunters...

However, I think the horns, hairstyles and beards are perfectly compatible with the playable models.

Again, it could be the way the guy who made the program chose to separate those, but if they're an independent "race" in the game files, we could be looking at a subrace with its own customization features that wouldn't be available to normal draenei.

If that was the depth of the subrace customization, I, personally, would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They are models made with the gear o nthem, not models with gear added on after.
    The point was about them being unable to wear anything at all. Not just modeled/equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Lack of a remale model is not an issue. Worgen prove that
    That female model is atrocious tbh, they would've been way better without it, but yeah, you're right.