Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Another end of the world event and I didn't hear about it? What is it, another one of those nutter preachers claiming it's the end of the world?

EDIT: Holy crap, I just read about it. Apparently some mysterious "planet X" was supposed to "enter the solar system" on the date of the eclipse (Aug 21). Crossing the entire solar system in a month is pretty damn quick, especially for a massive object like a planet, considering it takes LIGHT between 13-14 hours to do it. Some quick napkin math...the termination shock of the heliosphere (often defined as the edge of the solar system) is 94 AU (Earth's orbit being 1 AU). Light travels a little over 7 AU per hour. This is a rough guesstimate versus a detailed calculation, so my math may be off a wee bit but it's not that far off.

So apparently we were supposed to believe that a previously undiscovered planet was hurtling toward us at over 1% of the speed of light, and somehow noone would notice until it was too late. Hint: that's 100 times faster than Earth's orbit around the sun. These people need to get back on their meds.
    I don't think these apocalypse nuts are really too on the up-and-up about being "scientifically accurate."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think these apocalypse nuts are really too on the up-and-up about being "scientifically accurate."
    Oh I know, but it's fun to even use very rough math to completely disprove them. It took me about 2 minutes with a calculator to arrive at my estimates.

Apparently they're calling this "mysterious planet" Nibiru. While some people think it's a planet, it's because of bad translations. The only thing Nibiru is, is an ancient Babylonian/Akkadian word for "equinox". I guess poor translations led people to think the Babylonians were talking about an object, when in fact they were just talking about the equinox. Substitute equinox for "Nibiru" in those writings and they make a LOT more sense.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-09-24 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    "equinox"
    Hah... I remember good times over a decade ago in Feralas @Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Are you sure this isn't heaven or that other place?
    Considering our leaders...this ain't the good place....
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you, the new Jaylock?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I made it through the apocalypse today unharmed. Everyone else ok? Did anyone catch the news to make sure all our celebrities, politicians, and religious folk are still fine?
    The simulation is still working.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    No way the apocalypse gonna be on my birthday.
    Happy birthday!

Well - we are safe, the world won't end until there are 23 ore more months in the year.

Whew

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    They never invite me to these events :/
    *stares deeply into your soul* I love you

Oh I know, but it's fun to even use very rough math to completely disprove them. It took me about 2 minutes with a calculator to arrive at my estimates.

Apparently they're calling this "mysterious planet" Nibiru. While some people think it's a planet, it's because of bad translations. The only thing Nibiru is, is an ancient Babylonian/Akkadian word for "equinox". I guess poor translations led people to think the Babylonians were talking about an object, when in fact they were just talking about the equinox. Substitute equinox for "Nibiru" in those writings and they make a LOT more sense.
    usually just the basic logic of a 3 year old will disprove religious apocalypse nutcases.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, when you declare the apocalypse is coming you should really make sure that you are the one causing it. That way you don’t look like a complete idiot, just one who failed to end the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, astronomers have said there's a possible existence of another planet in our solar system (Planet Nine), it just isn't on a collision course with Earth.
    It's just that some people (doomsday nutjobs) conflate the Planet Nine hypothesis with Nibiru (The retarded cataclysm hoax). Even big outlets have made a disservice to society and mixed things...

Planet Nine is an interesting idea to explain certain orbits phenomena. Nibiru believers... Well they're on par with flat earthers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too late, I'm already on and posting from planet Naboo or whatever it was called.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, of course, another fool disproven.

i don't understand why anyone would risk their reputation on this level. i guess they're legitimately mentally ill.
    Who was it this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Who was it this time?
    something meade. richard? stephen? i can't remember. i only remember the surname because a funny coincidence happened when i first heard it.

While this is apocalypse BS, there is actually a theory that there may be an unseen planet waaaay back in the solar system (much further than Pluto). Check out How The Universe Works, season 5, episode "Mystery of Planet 9".

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Are you sure this isn't heaven or that other place?
    I checked and WoW still exists so it can't be heaven.

Kimberly in N Korea & Trump tried to get it going but I guess both are just talkers... a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    While this is apocalypse BS, there is actually a theory that there may be an unseen planet waaaay back in the solar system (much further than Pluto). Check out How The Universe Works, season 5, episode "Mystery of Planet 9".
    Or maybe not....
    https://www.nature.com/news/solar-sy...t-nine-1.22177

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    planet x doesnt exist.

Formerly known as Arafal