Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The bolded is quite true. And this will happen with Destiny 2 between DLC's. You will certainly run out of content before the next DLC drops, but it surely will take a while if you are a completionist.

Between the Campaign, Adventures, Lost Sectors, Regional Chests, Strikes, Raid, and PvP there is plenty of things to do before you've done it all.
    Excluding PvP, i'm goign to do everything else for sure. Hope just to find decent people to play with because from what i read the "major issue" here is that raiding requires coordination
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Excluding PvP, i'm goign to do everything else for sure. Hope just to find decent people to play with because from what i read the "major issue" here is that raiding requires coordination
    It certainly does. But i'd say only for the first few times. After that, a decent portion of it becomes muscle memory. There will certainly still be parts where mic silence will be needed so call outs can be heard clearly.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Okay I wasn't sure because I remember people being confused about that when Bungie said gear drops were determined based on gear across your entire account.
    Only equippable gear. Your warlock wont get credit for your Titan's gear, but would for his weapons. It is supposed to look at inventory, vault and equipped gear.

Unless of course your making a second of the same class, then you don't get powerful engrams on it.

It certainly does. But i'd say only for the first few times. After that, a decent portion of it becomes muscle memory. There will certainly still be parts where mic silence will be needed so call outs can be heard clearly.
    Which sounds an hell lot like any other online game XD

Yeah, too many people is making a fuss about non-existent issues and an equal amount jumped burning it out as fast as possible only to complain after about "i have completed everything so fast!". Standard happening so far.

This doesn't mean there aren't definite issues with the game. The raid being mostly mechanics and not enough gunplay plus a questionable choice of graphic style is something Bungie needs to bring back at HQ and work on. First raid is always an hit or miss, but they had some feedback from previous game and they absolutely need to make it better for the next ones.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which sounds an hell lot like any other online game XD

Yeah, too many people is making a fuss about non-existent issues and an equal amount jumped burning it out as fast as possible only to complain after about "i have completed everything so fast!". Standard happening so far.

This doesn't mean there aren't definite issues with the game. The raid being mostly mechanics and not enough gunplay plus a questionable choice of graphic style is something Bungie needs to bring back at HQ and work on. First raid is always an hit or miss, but they had some feedback from previous game and they absolutely need to make it better for the next ones.
    Well said. I agree with that.

Just saw something new to me on Titan. a "blank, herald of Savathunn has arrived" and it spawned where sometimes theres a knight with a gun summoning thralls but this knight had crotas sword and summoning exploding thralls instead. Maybe i've just not seen it before but thats not the first herald of Oryx's Sister i've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Just saw something new to me on Titan. a "blank, herald of Savathunn has arrived" and it spawned where sometimes theres a knight with a gun summoning thralls but this knight had crotas sword and summoning exploding thralls instead. Maybe i've just not seen it before but thats not the first herald of Oryx's Sister i've seen.
    This guy appeared this weekly reset I believe. If that is the case, it seems that Bungie may be adding in little things like that each reset. Not 100% sure though.

This guy appeared this weekly reset I believe. If that is the case, it seems that Bungie may be adding in little things like that each reset. Not 100% sure though.
    Looks like it spawns every ten minutes like clockwork in the same spot, definitely would have noticed it before. Somethings up.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Only equippable gear. Your warlock wont get credit for your Titan's gear, but would for his weapons. It is supposed to look at inventory, vault and equipped gear.

Unless of course your making a second of the same class, then you don't get powerful engrams on it.
    Ah OK that certainly makes sense.

So is pvp just worse in this game or are people still playing it like its Destiny 1? I finally stepped into competitive on my hunter and my experience thus far has been people wasting heavy ammo on the shotgun or sword and otherwise using nothing but scout rifles and coldheart. I am dogshit at pvp in fps games but i was the MVP purely because everyone was just B lining to the objective and dying in seconds while i waited maybe 15 seconds tops by heavy and got out tarantula and one shot people from across the map. Thats not skill thats extreme cheese that you would think would not work but i see people running up with swords and shotguns only to vaporise or otherwise just corner camp taking scout rifle potshots or just zigzagging up to each other both spamming coldheart hoping to melee first. If my shitty skill level is doing well in pvp then some something is up.

Guided games as a seeker takes a fair amount of time.

Although I imagine they are looking at my 242 power level and be all like "NOPE"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guided games as a seeker takes a fair amount of time.

Although I imagine they are looking at my 242 power level and be all like "NOPE"
    Ur not kidding, just queued up and the wait is 20min avg. I guess less are doing it this week.

Wish they just let full randoms make groups, then the wait wouldn't be as long.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ur not kidding, just queued up and the wait is 20min avg. I guess less are doing it this week.

Wish they just let full randoms make groups, then the wait wouldn't be as long.
    Meh this first game has just done my fucking head in. Matched with 2 people and when I asked to be revived on voice chat they literally refused because I wasn't in their clan.

Among them consistently dying because they were out in the open and that is apparently my fault.

So yeah that first Nightfall run left a foul taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh this first game has just done my fucking head in. Matched with 2 people and when I asked to be revived on voice chat they literally refused because I wasn't in their clan.

Among them consistently dying because they were out in the open and that is apparently my fault.

So yeah that first Nightfall run left a foul taste in my mouth.
    Well this nightfall IMO is a pain in the ass anyway. I got enough shards to get the Rocket Launcher from Xur this week and ill be passing on this one. Sucks u had a bad experience, Just had a crappy one myself.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Did the nightfall with decent group found with guided games but this is definitely a bad nightfall to not have burn with, managed to beat the boss with only 1 second left.

Nightfall this week is actually fairly easy if you just take your time, kill mobs, and find all the anomalies to shoot for extra time. This is definitely one you shouldn't be trying to rush through. The only part about the nightfall this week that sucks is the final boss. The whole "I'm gonna go invisible and not allow you to shoot me for long stretches of time" is pretty fucking retarded in a setting where you're being timed. Granted, if you do things right you'll have enough time to down him anyway, but with most people just bum rushing most of the strike and NOT killing the anomalies, a lot of groups are running out of time on the boss or are just barely beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Nightfall this week is actually fairly easy if you just take your time, kill mobs, and find all the anomalies to shoot for extra time. This is definitely one you shouldn't be trying to rush through. The only part about the nightfall this week that sucks is the final boss. The whole "I'm gonna go invisible and not allow you to shoot me for long stretches of time" is pretty fucking retarded in a setting where you're being timed. Granted, if you do things right you'll have enough time to down him anyway, but with most people just bum rushing most of the strike and NOT killing the anomalies, a lot of groups are running out of time on the boss or are just barely beating it.
    Ya I think the group I had was just bad.

Doesn't help I have lost a lot of interest in playing right now, Since I really don't have a reason to gear up anymore. I hate the raid and won't be doing it, So now I just hop on when I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I think the group I had was just bad.

Doesn't help I have lost a lot of interest in playing right now, Since I really don't have a reason to gear up anymore. I hate the raid and won't be doing it, So now I just hop on when I get bored.
    I hear ya there. The main reason I'm still playing at all at the moment is because of my clan. If it wasn't for how much fun I have doing stuff with them, I would have already put this game down until the first DLC.

I have never gotten bored with a major Destiny content release as fast as I did with D2. Speaks volumes of the state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I have never gotten bored with a major Destiny content release as fast as I did with D2. Speaks volumes of the state of the game.
    Yep, It got old quite fast and the current setup of Guided Games is just shit. (IMO)

I've read multiple reviews at this point and everything seems to point in the same direction - big step up from D1, very good inital experience/leveling with dome degree of grinding once reached endgame events, and a raid that sucks mostly because there's next to zero gunplay while it's one of the more solid aspects of D2.

To me is worth the preorder+expansion pass, and i'm confident the lack of current content will be filled over time.

Though i may be wrong and D2 turns out to be shit. Well, it's been a gamble from beta.
    If you left destiny before The Taken King, then yes this is a step forward. If you stuck around for The Taken King then this is actually a couple of steps backwards in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15