Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down Argus thoughts, not letting me post on bnet forums

lets try this again, first 2 times it didnt post
    Just need to vent a bit.

My thoughts on 7.3
    Why it so underwhelming? Wheres the punch? The feels?
    Why so many missing characters?

The Grand Army of the Light. Every source we have, even Xe'ra in Legion says it is formed of the left over populace of worlds burned by the Legion. And yet, in game, all we have in Draenei? No Aldrichi, no lightsworn Ethereals, no other human or former members of the Alliance Outland Expedition that also found themselves port out of from the destruction of Draenor?

Velens Vision-states he see the sky filled with Naaru and Dragons beyond number. So, where are they?
    Naaru first: Where is A'dal? He was going to let Illidan takehis shot at the Legion on Argus, and only went after him after Kael tricked him into thinking Illidan order Kaels attack on Shattrath. Secondly, Xe'ra attacks Illidan and tries to force him into accepting the Light, and Illidan kills her. A'dal, Saa'ra, G'eras none of them have anything to say about that? Third it was A'dal that brought the Draenei and Belf Paladins, Magi, and Priests together to face KJ and Kaels forces at the Sunwell, but he's going to sit this one out?

The Dragons: 2 specifically. Alexstrasza and Wrathion.
    Alexstrasza has nothing to say or do after the corruption and then death of her beloved sister? No response to the largest Legion invasion ever?

Wrathion warned us years ago to unite and prepare, and then tried force that upon and broke Garrosh out of a trail. He wants to fulfill the responsibilities of the Aspect of earth, and all he gets a is a Chromie scenario cameo. Anduin or the Shando-pan arent looking for him? The Alliance doesnt want any answer to what happened to Taylor? Wrathion has no interest in the goings on at Dalaran, Suramar, the Broken Shore, or Argus? No agents out there looking and listening?

The other forces of the Light: The Sha'tar and the Al'dor or even NPCs from the Shattered Sun. All we got is High Priestess Ishanah, a Priest champion, is rather insultingly a innkeeper....and thats it. The largest draenei force ever and no one shows up. None of those factions care? Grand Archorite Almomen, Exarch Naasun, Badhuum, no one shows up?

Nobundo has no interest in the Krokuun? Akama, if you picked him (he doesnt die btw, if you didn't) no interest in Illidan or Velen or Argus?

Not saying they all get screen time, but couldnt they be at the portal sites keeping them safe and protected?

The questline: That's it? 3 weeks of good, not great imho.
    Suramar was epic and a great length.
    Broken Shore was rubbish and way too long.
    Broken was pretty fun, but way too short.

why not, just throwing this out there:

Week 4- Legion strikes back. Several of the portals get overun. Hard hitting and fast respawning elites take them over.

Week 5- Argus World Bosses spawn.
    -Jaraxxus and Prince Melch Boss spawn 1, fight them both at the same time. Mac'aree
    -Mal'ganis World Boss 2, Antorian Wastes
    -Azzinoth World Boss 3, Krokuun. Special Dialogue by Illidan, more dialogue from Azzinoth if a DH has the Twin Warglaives mog on.

Week 6-Reinforcements. Thrall has gotten Khadgar to port him to AU Draenor. Yrel bring herself and some Vindicators with Durotan brings the Frostwolves with him. Lets us know Draenor is fine, and their Shattrath has been retaken. Former portal areas retaken.

Week 7-Until Raid open: normal WQ/rep grind.

Invasions. Should have had Invasion Point Outland at Hellfire, Legion trying reconquer Outland and reactivate the Dark Portal. And the Greater Invasion points could have used famous demons that haven't shown up beside Broken Shore Part 1, like Detheroc or Magtheridon.

Im having fun on Argus, but it could have been soooo much more.
    Thoughts

- - - Updated - - -

make that 3 times the topic is not getting posted on the forums.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I had similar thought on ignored/forgotten characters and stories that would have an interest in the events here.

Biggest disappointment would be Wrathion though. Such a build up in MOP, only for him to vanish when the invasion actually happens.

My biggest dissapointment overall with legion aside from the RNG/legendary system is how they handled story arcs.

The lore and the writing imo has been really good for legion however they just dropped a ton of really good story lines.

1. Sylvanas making a pact with helya. What was it? What was involved?

2. Genn Vs sylvanas. He broke the one thing that'd make her and her people practically immortal. Nothing happens after. Feels like that never happened because it was just dropped. What's her next move? Is genn still angry and is he still against the horde?

3. The wind runner family. This was the worst of all of this. Vereesa talks to alleria in private after Alleria asks her about sylvanas. We never hear anything about allerias thoughts or anything related to the family. We've waited 8+ years for this reunion and we got 1 line of dialogue which was vereesa telling alleria they should talk in private. What the hell?

I think the worst part is Lothraxion, he's standing in the back of the Vindicaar doing nothing at all.

And I'm going to assume anyone who hasn't done the paladin or priest order hall campaigns have no idea he's the commander of the Army of the Ligth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I think the worst part is Lothraxion, he's standing in the back of the Vindicaar doing nothing at all.

And I'm going to assume anyone who hasn't done the paladin or priest order hall campaigns have no idea he's the commander of the Army of the Ligth.
    I'm pretty sure he's a commander in the army of the light, not the commander.

Yes I read a bit after I posted and it says he's under Turalyon's orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    My biggest dissapointment overall with legion aside from the RNG/legendary system is how they handled story arcs.

The lore and the writing imo has been really good for legion however they just dropped a ton of really good story lines.

1. Sylvanas making a pact with helya. What was it? What was involved?

2. Genn Vs sylvanas. He broke the one thing that'd make her and her people practically immortal. Nothing happens after. Feels like that never happened because it was just dropped. What's her next move? Is genn still angry and is he still against the horde?

3. The wind runner family. This was the worst of all of this. Vereesa talks to alleria in private after Alleria asks her about sylvanas. We never hear anything about allerias thoughts or anything related to the family. We've waited 8+ years for this reunion and we got 1 line of dialogue which was vereesa telling alleria they should talk in private. What the hell?
    1. maybe we will find out next expansion were the legion is not the main focus?
    2. genn was badly wounded and had to recover, maybe we will see this sorted out when we are not about to fight a literal god?
    3. maybe we will see next expansion when Alleria has to talk with sylvanas? also really? you think them wanting a private conversation is bad?

also at OP. why would the legion try to retake outlands to reopen the dark portal? there is very little there so... why waste their time
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-09-24 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Not only did they drop a lot of the past character but as someone pointed out already, they haven't even continued the character development they started in Legion. Sylvanas and Helya, Sylvanas and Genn... Anduin goes to the Broken Shore and then... nothing? And to pretend all of the powerful characters we aren't seeing and the faction leaders are just back chilling? Again, they don't need to actually be visible and interact with us but hearing more chatter about them doing things and seeing some development would be good. As it is, this is just lazy

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yep. Not only did they drop a lot of the past character but as someone pointed out already, they haven't even continued the character development they started in Legion. Sylvanas and Helya, Sylvanas and Genn... Anduin goes to the Broken Shore and then... nothing? And to pretend all of the powerful characters we aren't seeing and the faction leaders are just back chilling? Again, they don't need to actually be visible and interact with us but hearing more chatter about them doing things and seeing some development would be good. As it is, this is just lazy
    lol what

Story elements usually take time, Anduin had a lot to deal with wrt grief
    Sylvanas' lantern was broken, the whole sylvanas and genn thing was pretty much resolved in the cinematic, idk what you want. Post resolution... resolution?

The lack of NPCs doing anything is kinda bothering me a bit. This is Argus, this is the legion, we should have EVERYONE mobilized and pushing against their forces. Maybe it'll come when the raid is released, but I really wanted to see a presence of characters similar to Broken Shore. I hope they didn't blow it all for BS rather than Argus.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It would be cool to see more elements from other Legion-conquered worlds. Overall, I agree there's more they could have done with it, but I am enjoying it as is.

I like some of the flavor bits with the new Reaver and the Felnados, but both could have been made scarier.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree with OP.
    Lets not bullshit ourselves. Blizzard were lazy to bring all notable characters together to fight the faking Burning Legion and Sargeras himself. Its like, you know, if Tolkien wrote that just Minas Tirith forces came to fight Sauron near the Black Gates and Rohhirims, knights of other kingdoms and elves just went "Meh, we will sit home" mode.
    Thats what happened here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that far too many characters are missing. Esp A'dal and the other Naaru.
    I also find it sad that no one from AU Draenor makes an appearance.
    Yrel said "we are here, if you need us". We have the biggest, most threatening Legion invasion ever and lost many a champion at the shore. I think that would qualify.
    WE PUSH INTO THE HOMEWORLD of the Draenei/Legion. If that doesn't qualify to bring them in, nothing ever will.

Also, Blizzards writing is retarded. X'era gets toasted by Illi-boy and NOTHING happens. No consequence AT ALL, except depicting that THE paladin of the Light, THE champion is so weak, that he can't even injure an unarmed, weakened and exhausted Illidan.
    Also, everyone just shrugs off her death like it was nothing. Even Turalyon lol.
    I get it, they are under attack, they don't have the luxury of giving in to them feels right now, but still. Come on.

/boo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The vision Velen saw isn't what we are witnessing right now.
    Keep in mind, that Velen witnesses POSSIBLE futures. Many events can change that at any given time.
    Nope, don't believe that the Legion is toast either, Sargeras does not get axed and there are other world souls out there. He can always start from scratch.

I agree with the OP, the story is convoluted. If AU Guldan can show up and open TOS then all the other AU champions should be able to show up as well and play a major role. And in some cases we should see the AU version and the Main Universe version of the same characters in some fashion.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-09-24 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    I agree with the OP, the story is convoluted. If AU Guldan can show up and open TOS then all the other AU champions should be able to show up as well and play a major role. And in some cases we should see the AU version and the Main Universe version of the same characters in some fashion.
    Wtf are you talking about, gul'dan was lead to tos by kj and the legion knew the whole time it was a different gul'dan, in the audio drama kj is talking about him failing lime the "other gul'dan", even gul'dan knows he's not the first gul'dan

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It seems you can't have it either way.
    This expansion and patch release cycle has been like the fastest ever. We just had the largest patch with the most new zones, voice acting, etc., ever released a couple weeks ago. Like, wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Surprised there are so many people coming out of the woodwork to complain about rp shit. Guess the "there's nothing to do in the game" people are finally silenced huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Might wanna update your signature too OP.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Surprised there are so many people coming out of the woodwork to complain about rp shit. Guess the "there's nothing to do in the game" people are finally silenced huh?
    what the fuck are you talking about? it's not about RP it's about telling a story well. Which blizzard has not done.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Might wanna update your signature too OP.
    Yea, that's bs too. Where the fuck is Saurfang ? He doesn't care about family all of a sudden?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs