Thread: Nice

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nice

3x 110 characters: first legendary on all 3: Prydaz. nice I am so happy and lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Prydaz is an okay legendary. Unsure what the thread is for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    3x 110 characters: first legendary on all 3: Prydaz. nice I am so happy and lucky
    Now let others who don't have leatherworking, Prydaz or the gold for barding watch you in awe as you 'unleash' the trash around Argus that has been placed around the areas for inconvenience.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something I tell all my raiders, might sound simple and obvious, but no less true:

"A dead dps does zero dps"

Prydaz shield saves lives.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Now let others who don't have leatherworking, Prydaz or the gold for barding watch you in awe as you 'unleash' the trash around Argus that has been placed around the areas for inconvenience.
    I have none of those on my main, still do it fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    This is something I tell all my raiders, might sound simple and obvious, but no less true:

Well, it is true.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I have none of those on my main, still do it fine.
    I have alts who have none of the things i mentioned and they do fine too.

My point is: with any of those things equipped you can pull half of the zone and not be exposed more than you have to with navigating too hard from point a to point b, whilst enjoying the awesome terrain design whilst you are at it.

A convenience is better than an inconvenience
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Luckily you can just play better and not need Prydaz(outside of super high M+), so the "dead DPS does zero DPS" is fixed much better by just not being bad than by using an inferior legendary. It's an okay legendary, but it's by no means the best for most specs, and also it fucks your offspec bonus to BLP because it's "shared"(as in, you can technically equip it and gain the benefit in any spec, even if it's pretty shit).

I've been getting Prydaz+Soul ring on a ton of alts recently, and it's pretty frustrating, because even if they're fine legendaries, they block your offspec BLP.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-24 at 12:31 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted

Or your raiders could actually do mechanics and heal.

Prydaz is decent, nothing more.

I have 11 leggos on my main now I think and I just want Prydaz for shits and giggles. 2x cauterizing blink plus the chest one that gives a shield is two heals plus two shields, plus flame barrier, PLUS that 25% shield? It's as close to the tank mage spec I've always wanted as I'll ever get.

Could be worse, if you raid or do content at a high level, Prydaz comes in handy big time. And if you don't, well it's not like what legendary you have makes or breaks anything. You'll get your preferred ones eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Could be worse, if you raid or do content at a high level, Prydaz comes in handy big time. And if you don't, well it's not like what legendary you have makes or breaks anything. You'll get your preferred ones eventually.
    That really is not true outside of extremely high M+(higher than 99.9% of people will ever do) or for some healer specs in raids.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Luckily you can just play better and not need Prydaz(outside of super high M+),
    The BLP side of it, I agree, is quite annoying. But even if you play very well, in high end raiding, some bosses it's just a good idea to have it on. Mythic Sisters for an example, was a near-must to run it, significantly helped healers out.

- - - Updated - - -

That really is not true outside of extremely high M+(higher than 99.9% of people will ever do) or for some healer specs in raids.
    Thing is, in a lot of high end raiding (Where which legendary you have matters) you should be using your prydaz, especially on fights where there's no dps checks at all, on progression.

The BLP side of it, I agree, is quite annoying. But even if you play very well, in high end raiding, some bosses it's just a good idea to have it on. Mythic Sisters for an example, was a near-must to run it, significantly helped healers out.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, in a lot of high end raiding (Where which legendary you have matters) you should be using your prydaz, especially on fights where there's no dps checks at all, on progression.
    Mythic Sisters is a super extreme example where people ran a ton of healers and/or Prydaz on everybody just because that's easier than making people play properly. If played properly, it is absolutely unnecessary. And on progress people should be using their best DPS legendaries to push through the fight quicker, meaning fewer mechanics go out that would "require" Prydaz. There also aren't any fights with "no DPS check", because either there are many small DPS checks or higher DPS lets you push at a more favorable time(fewer total mechanics that can be fucked up).
    Sure, you can use Prydaz and be fine for some classes that scale very well with secondaries, so it's not as big a DPS loss, but for most classes it isn't worth it. You'd have to be able to drop a healer by using Prydaz for it to really be worth it. Especially in Legion, Prydaz won't do much on a lot of fights, because if you fuck up a mechanic it's a wipe already anyway, so the fact that you lived through the fuckup doesn't really matter.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Prydaz is really nice in high damage fights,I use it and Roots of Shaladrassill on my hunter for some fights,keeps me alive and makes the healers lives a little easier,especially on The Desolate Host.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Prydaz is really nice in high damage fights,I use it and Roots of Shaladrassill on my hunter for some fights,keeps me alive and makes the healers lives a little easier,especially on The Desolate Host.
    Making the healers' lives easier(by using worse gear, I'm obviously not arguing for standing in fire) doesn't matter unless they're running out of mana or you make it so easy that you can drop a healer entirely.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I am not gonna argue whether this is a good or bad legendary.. decide for yourself. But, based on my anecdotal evidence and what I have heard from everyone I play with and people who post here I truly do not believe all legendaries have an equal chance to roll for a player. Meaning it seems obvious the ones you don't want have a higher chance of dropping (until they drop of course). Like suphez secret, prydaz and basically whichever ones you don't want to see. Not that you cannot get your 2 BiS ones first and second because people have, but I think it'll be something like when you roll that you won a legendary drop a second roll is made to which it will be and your best ones will be like 4-6% chances or so and the ones you dread to see will be like 15-20%. My take on all this ... incoming all the folks telling me how wrong I am and I'm disillusioned because of personal experience.

Mythic Sisters is a super extreme example where people ran a ton of healers and/or Prydaz on everybody just because that's easier than making people play properly. If played properly, it is absolutely unnecessary. And on progress people should be using their best DPS legendaries to push through the fight quicker, meaning fewer mechanics go out that would "require" Prydaz. There also aren't any fights with "no DPS check", because either there are many small DPS checks or higher DPS lets you push at a more favorable time(fewer total mechanics that can be fucked up).
    Sure, you can use Prydaz and be fine for some classes that scale very well with secondaries, so it's not as big a DPS loss, but for most classes it isn't worth it. You'd have to be able to drop a healer by using Prydaz for it to really be worth it. Especially in Legion, Prydaz won't do much on a lot of fights, because if you fuck up a mechanic it's a wipe already anyway, so the fact that you lived through the fuckup doesn't really matter.
    This notion of "Playing properly" makes no sense, because plenty of deaths on prog happen where you couldn't do anything about it, Sisters you could do mechanics perfectly, but a little bit of bad luck, and you will take a huge amount of unavoidable damage.

For most specs who are big on secondary stats, prydaz is a very small dps downgrade, and for people who play those specs, they should very fluidly switch in and out of prydaz depending on the situation.

A big thing on prog, is it isn't always about "I'm wearing Prydaz so I won't die" but about the fact wearing Prydaz can save healers mana on long intensive fights. One person wearing won't make a noticable difference, but once you add more people in, it becomes noticable.

But yeah, with how the legendary system is currently, it's quite an unfortunate situation, because there are more fights that require meeting a dps check (though most of the time everyone doesn't need their bis legendaries to reach this)

I'm hoping next expansion, they make some big adjustments to how the legendary system works (if they continue it) either making all legendaries throughput (Dps-Dps Exclusive,Heals-Healer Exclusive,Damage reduction-Tank Exclusive), or all utility. Because of unfortunately situations with other utility legendaries.

My point is, there is a lot worse than Prydaz, and definitely not worth being upset about it being your first, when you start to get more, and still don't see the ones you want, sure, but your very first legendary could have been some trash utility one, rather than the best utility one.

My point is, there is a lot worse than Prydaz, and definitely not worth being upset about it being your first, when you start to get more, and still don't see the ones you want, sure, but your very first legendary could have been some trash utility one, rather than the best utility one.
    Yeah, there's worse than Prydaz, but as we already agreed earlier, the BLP thing means it's definitely worth getting frustrated about getting Prydaz as your first/second. And regarding progress, yeah, maybe you get "unlucky" on a few fights, but in most situations you dying means you fucked up(or somebody else fucked up), which is fixable by playing better. And if Prydaz was such an amazing legendary, you'd expect that all the top guilds ran Prydaz on the whole raid, but they don't. Why? Because the DPS from using DPS legendaries is more valuable, because it pushes past mechanics rather than just living through them with Prydaz.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

a) If you have just started playing Legion, joke's on you for being so far behind on leggos, you have no one to blame other than you.

b) If not, then why even complain, since you most likely have at least BiS leggos on main?

c) Picture of proof or sorry, but I can also make a thread called 'Super' and say that I got sephuz's secret on x12 level 110 toons as their first leggo.

Your thread is just troll bait which, similarly to a thousand threads similar to yours since beginning of legion, are there to serve as fuel for the fire. Why should we even care about your leggos? Stop crying and go get better ones.

Yeah, there's worse than Prydaz, but as we already agreed earlier, the BLP thing means it's definitely worth getting frustrated about getting Prydaz as your first/second. And regarding progress, yeah, maybe you get "unlucky" on a few fights, but in most situations you dying means you fucked up(or somebody else fucked up), which is fixable by playing better. And if Prydaz was such an amazing legendary, you'd expect that all the top guilds ran Prydaz on the whole raid, but they don't. Why? Because the DPS from using DPS legendaries is more valuable, because it pushes past mechanics rather than just living through them with Prydaz.
    I don't overly follow top guild players, but I do follow the MM hunters, and they consistently wore Prydaz on fights that didn't have a dps check. (An important dps check, not minor ones that are like oh you killed the boss 2 seconds faster so he didn't finish his cast)

Because that's what it is, running prydaz over a dps legendaries for some specs, is next to no difference on some fights time wise. It builds up when more people use it, but squishier specs, like MM, who lose next to no dps from wearing it, put it on and can live in situations they would have died from un-avoidable dmg.

Either way, doesn't matter here or there, the legendary system design is poor, that much we can agree on.