Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If one was clearing with guild - why on earth would you need a PUG ?
    alts, lower difficulties, bosses your guild aren't doing, transmog, slight wf upgrades, boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    alts, lower difficulties, bosses your guild aren't doing, transmog, slight wf upgrades, boredom
    Ah - so people who need a PUG can't get it, but people who just want a PUG can.

Logic bomb...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    So then join a Guild? TONS OF GUILDS are recruiting. Put the work in, get invited.
    Option 2 was the option on joining a guild. So I did that. The one and only downside with guild is the commitment and showing up on mythic raids only for it to be canceled

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So then join a Guild? TONS OF GUILDS are recruiting. Put the work in, get invited.
    Garbage suggestion. Players generally pug because of scheduling. My best mate pugs around 11AM because that's the only time he's available, can't find a guild that raids those hours.

Just use the fake achievement addon or pay for a boost and get invited to things. ezpz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    If you can find time to pug, you can find a guild. Pugging is way more hassle than finding and raiding on a schedule. A lot of guilds are flexible, if your work patterns conflict raid nights at times, you just jump in when you can. Its not mythic, groups are not locked to a specific amount. Stop being scared of guilds.
    The only thing keeping guilds alive at this point is Mythic raiding, they're completely obsolete for anything lower than that. If I wasn't a Mythic raider I would never ever EVER shackle myself to a guild.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2017-09-24 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Wouldn't work with good groups, there's like 5 addons that can check your fake achievement within 10 seconds.

funny enough, back in WOTLK i killed heroic lich king but because of the 'issue' with fury of frostmourne and releasing i didn't get proper credit even though the achievement logged on my account so when i linked my achievement it triggered something on someones addon and i had to explain why it wasn't in my kills stats on third party tracking sites even though i had the achievement and the 1h caster weapon from the loot after zoning back in when combat had ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ah - so people who need a PUG can't get it, but people who just want a PUG can.

Logic bomb...
    yes desirable players get into groups easily

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    yes desirable players get into groups easily
    You can't expect people to ever understand something that puts them in the position of them not being desirable. If they were then of course they wouldn't have a big problem with it. When they aren't they seek reason to why it shouldn't be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Garbage suggestion. Players generally pug because of scheduling. My best mate pugs around 11AM because that's the only time he's available, can't find a guild that raids those hours.

Just use the fake achievement addon or pay for a boost and get invited to things. ezpz.

The only thing keeping guilds alive at this point is Mythic raiding, they're completely obsolete for anything lower than that. If I wasn't a Mythic raider I would never ever EVER shackle myself to a guild.
    Play a different game then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Seems a bit of a weird point of view. If the guild doesn't raid mythic then they are a casual guild which means you aren't shackled to anything. My guild just clears heroic, heroic is flex so if you can't turn up then it's no big deal. I've been busy the last few weeks so haven't raided with the guild for the last 3 resets, not a problem, I can join them again when I've got more time.

If you can't make the raid then you can still pug it yourself at any other time. Being in a guild simply means you know there's a night each week where you can join and have a nice and relaxed, pain free run with your friends. A decent casual guild is basically just a big group of friends who you can chat to and communicate with easily. We have a discord to organise things, old members who wanted to take things more seriously and went to mythic guilds still hang around and join in for alt runs or any dungeons that people might want to run. In essence it's exactly the same as having a big friends list of people you know you want to play with.

Granted, it might take a bit of hunting but there are great casual guilds around that don't "shackle" you to anything. It's just like having another group finder full of pre-vetted players.

Deleted
    I bought a boost for heroic KJ. Will i be pugging ToS now? Hell no, taking a break from raiding till Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    3 options.

Option nr 1 is being a piece of shit:
    You use a fake achievment.

Option nr 2:
    You join a progress guild so you dedicate some of your time to a guild and hopefully your guild isn't shit. Then you eventually kill hc KJ.

Option nr 3:
    You pay for a boost.
    I'll take option nr 5: Don't be an elitist nor a piece of shit.
    You tell them your ilvl, and you tell them it is how it is meant for the fight, which you can research. You tell them that you reacted on THEM needing people, and then you say you are available to join the raid right away with your own food, flasks and potions.

Done!

Don't be an elitist nor be a douche. Be prepared, and be specific. TALK.

Worked for me, many times.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They should just retroactively award curve and edge, remove the ability for the blizzard api to track kills on an individual difficulty. I'm a mythic raider and this shit is annoying, even on my alts people try to say "well thats not from this character."

Play a different game then.
    What a scummy response. This isn't some job, you shouldn't have to be free 5-11 at night to play the game. I have pugged and have curve from every raid this xpac and I'm 943ilvl. My guild is a casual PvP guild on a pve server. You need to fuck off with that nonsense of a non-argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    What a scummy response. This isn't some job, you shouldn't have to be free 5-11 at night to play the game. I have pugged and have curve from every raid this xpac and I'm 943ilvl. My guild is a casual PvP guild on a pve server. You need to fuck off with that nonsense of a non-argument.
    Sorry that a game cannot bend to your needs at certain times.

Make time or don't raid you fucking tard.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-09-25 at 07:03 AM.

I think everyone should do themselves a favor and join a guild which fits their ambitions. You don't have to invest many hours every week if it's the right guild. Also you will probably notice it is more entertaining to raid with people you know compared to a random pug group.

With that said, I do understand why people demands achievements when making pug groups. It's no insurance for succes, but it will reduce the risk of failure. The problem with raids nowadays is that one person failing will likely wipe to whole raid on hard bosses. And you can't really demand that a person who has spend a large amount of hours progressing a boss should keep on whiping because of you. Find a guild and do the progress runs.

Curve only means that you has been at a kill. It doesn't say that you're good. Even curved groups wipe on KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Curve only means that you has been at a kill. It doesn't say that you're good. Even curved groups wipe on KJ.
    For sure but if you haven't even killed him then you are far more likely to be less of an asset to your group.

There is not really any point in taking the risk when you can find people that actually might know the fight.

You don't need curve if you make your own group.

how are you supposed to make a grp that's guaranteed to kill KJ if you go with people who've never been there?

Sorry that a game cannot bend to your needs at certain times.

Make time or don't raid you fucking tard.
    I don't need to, I'm already better than you even without "the game bending to my needs". What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? There isn't some special "raiding mode" that turns on at 7pm so stop talking out your arse ya fuckin bellend.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-09-25 at 07:05 AM.