Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's up and down I say.
    When Legion came out, it was a 7/8 for me and right now it's blehhh, maybe 5.

If you counting ¨the best expansion¨ on most of the poll it's WOTLK, but people seem to forgot the TOC raid wich was a solid 1.

The seems to be throwing the stuff at the begening of Legion, and now, they are stopping for a year..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Actual proper content that felt rewarding. As example the class quests are just a bunch of easy quests chain that took weeks to unlock yet the progress itself was SOOO easy. Only reason it took a bit was due gating. This is what i call not proper content. This is an easy not time consuming thing for Blizzard to do that they made us spend weeks on.

Edit: Look at the frontpage "The Battle.Net App was updated today to group your favorites, sort your friends by activity, additional emoji support, and more!"

Like are they really spending their time on this? Same goes on features like dance studio, Selfie cam, Twitter etc.
    Where is this dance studio?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I agree. We used to get MUCH better content. WoW is a shit-tier action/adventure game. It's not an RPG anymore, and I happen to hate adventure games.
    Yep, immersion is completely taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Where is this dance studio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I agree. We used to get MUCH better content. WoW is a shit-tier action/adventure game. It's not an RPG anymore, and I happen to hate adventure games.
    Yeah that patch adding cloak and helm graphics or an entire major patch dedicated to voice chat was SO much better. Only thing 1.6 had going for it was Blackwing Lair. Because the old Darkmoon Faire was atrociously bad.

Or let's not forget them dedicating an entire major patch to weather and Dungeon Tier 2 sets that were just a recolour of Tier 1.

Or them dedicating a major patch towards cross realm BGs and adding some World PvP to EPL.

Again you all harp about how the old days did things so much better but in terms of quality and quantity it was either the same or hell even fucking worse. They made major patches that were equivalent of 6.1 or even worse for crying out loud.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its better to divide it into categories. I am extremely satisfied with the art and music team, also with quest design. So those are a 9 or 10. With the systems team and the game design team (dont exactly know how they are called) I am displeased since wrath. They are treating a game as a moba or an e-sport. I would like to change back to more socially forced game style , and less que systems , less loading screens, sacrificing balance for rpg etc. But after Tigole left they made up an idea that players want single player and fast content.

Imo Legion started with a 7
    7.1 and Nighthold pushed it to 8.5
    7.2 dropped to 6
    7.3 pushed it back up to 9

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah that patch adding cloak and helm graphics or an entire major patch dedicated to voice chat was SO much better. Only thing 1.6 had going for it was Blackwing Lair. Because the old Darkmoon Faire was atrociously bad.

Or let's not forget them dedicating an entire major patch to weather and Dungeon Tier 2 sets that were just a recolour of Tier 1.

Or them dedicating a major patch towards cross realm BGs and adding some World PvP to EPL.

Again you all harp about how the old days did things so much better but in terms of quality and quantity it was either the same or hell even fucking worse. They made major patches that were equivalent of 6.1 or even worse for crying out loud.
    It had much more content at launch that took people a very long time to clear. Vanilla, the leveling content was the content.

Not to mention end game content stayed relevant the entire expansion, rather than having a soft reset every other patch. Vanilla you would never run out of things to do. Legion, excluding the AP grind, you can run out pretty quick in comparison.

You're comparing apples to potatoes.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It had much more content at launch that took people a very long time to clear. Vanilla, the leveling content was the content.

Not to mention end game content stayed relevant the entire expansion, rather than having a soft reset every other patch. Vanilla you would never run out of things to do. Legion, excluding the AP grind, you can run out pretty quick in comparison.

Because Vanilla had how many years of development? Some of the patches Vanilla got were things that were supposed to be in at launch as well...so yeah...

Also never run out of things to do? Umm in late Vanilla I had little to do at times. Once I cleared my raids for the week I could grind an alt (lolno) or go do something else. Same shit I've done in other expansions in this game. In Legion I can go farm AP, do M+ dungeons that can give me actual upgrades, do WQs on Argus and so on. In Vanilla when you were raid geared you had little use for the dungeons and depending on what point you were playing in Vanilla you didn't have much to grind either. That changed during some of the patches in Vanilla but it was not consistent for all of Vanilla. It isn't apples and potatoes as you claim.

And I'm quite aware that is just my experience with Vanilla, most people in Vanilla did not raid so they DID have plenty to do because they were mostly still leveling up and exploring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    yaaaaaaaaaawn
    My reaction when logging onto WoW in Legion.

Of course it had more launch content. It was the base iteration of the game. How the hell do you expect 10 or 5 level expansions to have 60 levels worth of content? It's very rare expansions have more content than the base game and the only game that comes to mind is Everquest. And I can't say this for sure but I'm pretty sure Blizzard wanted some systems in at launch such as the honor system and bgs but due to time constraints they were added later on.

And I'm sorry how did endgame stay relevant? Why did you go back to T1 if you had full T3 gear? Alright scenario. I'm a tier 3 Warlock with Atiesh and I kept my older tiers. Why would I need to go back to Molten Core?

Legion has made dungeons and raids relevant throughout an entire expansion with Titanforging. As much as I hate it. Dungeons have now finally remained relevant with Mythic + and ilvl increases each patch.

1-110 in the style of 1-60 would not work today. MMOs have evolved and there is a reason very few MMOs focus on the levelling. And I'm glad it's changed. It was fun for me levelling back in EQ1/FF11 but I most sure as hell would not want to go back to that style.

So again. WoW from Vanilla-Wrath is just as guilty of doing shitty quality patches similar to 6.1. Of course ones opinion on quality is subjective of course. Or patches where the amount/quality of content was debatable. As I said TBC dedicated a patch to voice chat and how many people are using it today?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Of course it had more launch content. It was the base iteration of the game. How the hell do you expect 10 or 5 level expansions to have 60 levels worth of content? It's very rare expansions have more content than the base game and the only game that comes to mind is Everquest.

And I'm sorry how did endgame stay relevant? Why did you go back to T1 if you had full T3 gear? Alright scenario. I'm a tier 3 Warlock with Atiesh. Why would I need to go back to Molten Core?

Legion has made dungeons and raids relevant throughout an entire expansion with Titanforging. As much as I hate it. Dungeons have now finally remained relevant with Mythic + and ilvl increases each patch.

1-110 in the style of 1-60 would not work today. MMOs have evolved and there is a reason very few MMOs focus on the levelling.

So again. WoW from Vanilla-Wrath is just as guilty of doing shitty quality patches similar to 6.1. Or patches where the amount/quality of content was debatable. As I said TBC dedicated a patch to voice chat and how many people are using it today?
    Thanks for missing that last part.

You're comparing two things that can't be compared. The game then is MUCH different than it is now. Doing just QoL patches was different in vanilla and tbc because all content always stayed relevant so there was more room to not just always invest in end game.

If you want to see it done right, look at MoP, which has a fairly constant stream of new content with very little if any mini patches that added almost nothing with much of its content staying relevant throughout. MoP was really the height of WotLK and on development standards.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Game is much more polished and cohesive now.

You're comparing two things that can't be compared. The game then is MUCH different than it is now. Doing just QoL patches was different in vanilla and tbc because all content always stayed relevant so there was more room to not just always invest in end game.

If you want to see it done right, look at MoP, which has a fairly constant stream of new content with very little if any mini patches that added almost nothing with much of its content staying relevant throughout. MoP was really the height of WotLK and on development standards.
    And again how did it stay relevant? Why would I go back to T1 with T3 bis gear? Why would I even bother running a dungeon since the rewards were lesser? BC fixed that with badges. It gave an incentive to run Heroic Dungeons.

So no content did not always stay relevant in Vanilla. You outgeared it. There was no reason to go back to Molten Core with T3 bis gear unless you were farming Sulfuras or Thunderfury. Which were limited to certain classes.

And again maybe 60 levels was the content but today it's not. Times change. If I had to do that kind of grind (Everquest/FF11 were worse because of mechanics such as xp loss on death) I'd probably quit. You cannot compare 60 levels of content from a base game to 10 from an expansion. Naturally expansions usually have less and the only one that comes to mind that had huge content and huge continents is Everquest.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You wouldn't, you would probably go back and do AQ40 for gear though, or maybe even BWL. However the reason the content stayed relevant was not because it was relevant to the guy in BiS at the end of the game but because it was relevant for people who were still at that tier. We didn't have catchup mechanics so when Naxx was out we had MC guilds, BWL guilds, AQ guilds and Naxx guilds running those instances on a regular basis.
    And again why would I go AQ40 if I have my BIS Naxx gear?

So it stayed relevant because new players/players who were behind had to run it? Not a strong argument.

If 40 of your people were in near bis gear why would you go back to a previous tier.

So no you outgeared the raids just as you do today.

Catchup mechanics are a bloody godsend. Not only does it help people who fall behind it helps new players who arrive late or freshly ding. And technically Vanilla had them in the form of smaller raids such as Zul'gurub, AQ20 and UBRS. Those instances helped you get some form of raid ready gear. They were also there to cater to guilds/players who couldn't manage 40 man rosters which was good.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-24 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not really. Just saying back in the days they actually added proper in-game content for us to look forward too.
    So basically a "back in my day everything was better" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    So basically a "back in my day everything was better" thread?
    Pretty much.

I mean some things back in the early days of MMOs were better but my god were they archaic.

Umm it did NOT stay relevant throughout all of Vanilla. Maybe it did for you but that was not the case for raiders.

Your example of doing it right is MoP? You're kidding right? Old raids phased out quickly in MoP, dungeons were USELESS to do as content once you had any sort of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    You wouldn't, you would probably go back and do AQ40 for gear though, or maybe even BWL. However the reason the content stayed relevant was not because it was relevant to the guy in BiS at the end of the game but because it was relevant for people who were still at that tier. We didn't have catchup mechanics so when Naxx was out we had MC guilds, BWL guilds, AQ guilds and Naxx guilds running those instances on a regular basis.
    Yeah you know, relevant for that minority of people that were raiding in Vanilla. Again, Vanilla had the lowest percentage of playerbase engaged in endgame at any point in WoW.

7.2 was actually a good 2.5 made it better.

Dunno why people treat it with so much shit, 7.3 is far worse.

I think it was roughly the same. It just comes in smaller packages more often. Its like if your parents bought you a gift or two a month that equaled up to Christmas and your birthday, for example, all together but then bought you nothing for those days. You would feel like you were getting less when it pretty much all added up to the same.

The next thing is Blizzard is a lot more than just WoW now. When WoW was "great again" WoW was pretty much the end all say all of Blizzard products. Sure WCIII was rolling around. SCI was rolling around. Diablo I and II were rolling around by they were mostly legacy products at that point. Or at the very least venturing into their legacy product cycle shorty after. Now Blizzard has to maintain and work on SCII, D3, Heroes, Overwatch, Hearthstone, WoW, and also all those legacy products. A taller ticket. So when they add something like emoji support to b.net it is something that all those games suddenly have access too. A more complete gift to all the Blizzard community instead of just for WoW.

It is just something we are going to have to get used to as a community. WoW just isn't the end all say all of what Blizzard does anymore. It is an old game that makes a lot of money. They sink a TON of time and effort into a game that is over a decade old! Think of that. Think of how many games out there get the amount of budget, time, and personal WoW gets after 10 years. None. WoW is the biggest special snowflake game out there in all ways. It might not be what it was like when it was pretty much Blizzards sole purpose for being but it still gets so much love.

End of the day WoW gets a lot of love from Blizzard. But most of the community in true hipster fashion on the internet is only obsessed with the negative. I guess it makes for better blog posts and MMO Champion threads. Sadly it isn't that original. A new one pretty much under the same reasons is posted everyday. Often by the same bunch of 10 or so people.