Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    I can see the hybrid idea happening in the far future when we have faced almost all major super powers like the Void Lords and Light Gods. Maybe a powerful alien civilization could start making hybrid like creatures so powerful and nasty that even the void and the light would be forced to join forces. Sargeras would be the perfect man for this. I can see him being ambitious enough to try every thing possible in order to make the universe in his image. Sargeras no longer wants the remnants of the Legion as they have failed him. He would instead seek out a powerful alien race called the Tyranidcron and use them to make void and light hybrids.
    I don't think we need to defeat the Void Lords and Light Gods. This wouldn't need to be a direct rip off of Starcraft. This would be a Yaldabaoth sort of thing. The "Child of Chaos", in the Greek sense where "Chaos" means "Void", stealing the Light and becoming lord of the physical realm. The false God known as the Demiurge, of both light and darkness. Recognizing none as his master.

The goal would be to stop him before he truly mastered that power or was able to extend his grasp. And I think N'Zoth really would be the best fit, because the Demiurge is meant to be a creature born in the Void and he's been meddling with the Church of the Light for some time. He's infiltrated it so thoroughly that he could probably direct new doctrine and start spreading the belief that he is the one true god and speaker for the Light. When the Priests hear only the word of N'Zoth, and their sermons pass them onto the masses, how can he not be?

His current greatest servant is the Light beneath the Tides, and the Twilight Dragonflight hints at experimentation towards hybridization. Both Light and Darkness. Even the corrupted Dragon Soul still glowed in gold.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-24 at 03:18 AM.

Well, my dagger gives some confirmation in my mind about Alleria.

"Xal'atath whispers: The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now."

Right after the Seat of Triumvirate scene.

I mean I know the dagger has set me up a few times but it's has been alarmingly accurate about some things.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Well, my dagger gives some confirmation in my mind about Alleria.

"Xal'atath whispers: The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now."

Right after the Seat of Triumvirate scene.

I mean I know the dagger has set me up a few times but it's has been alarmingly accurate about some things.
    She never sets you up. She's just curious and doesn't know right from wrong, and she wants you to be curious too. You signed up to be her "poke it with a stick and see what happens" buddy. And she's right. What Alleria experienced was a beautiful metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    She never sets you up. She's just curious and doesn't know right from wrong, and she wants you to be curious too. You signed up to be her "poke it with a stick and see what happens" buddy. And she's right. What Alleria experienced was a beautiful metamorphosis.
    I'm kind of getting a sense of how Void entities think, and Xal'atath being one doesn't regarding suffering, pain, misery, or mortal anguish as 'bad' or 'undesirable' the way mortals would - the Void 'seeks all possible paths, and sees all of them as true', according to the Locus-Walker. Suffering a horrible, agonizing tormented descent into insanity and mutation is just one possible path that can happen, and a particularly interesting and chaotic one, so it's likely something Xal'atath sees as a valid and desirable experience - a valid and true 'path' to seek.

The freedom of the Void is ultimate, which includes the freedom to die in countless horrifying ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm kind of getting a sense of how Void entities think, and Xal'atath being one doesn't regarding suffering, pain, misery, or mortal anguish as 'bad' or 'undesirable' the way mortals would - the Void 'seeks all possible paths, and sees all of them as true', according to the Locus-Walker. Suffering a horrible, agonizing tormented descent into insanity and mutation is just one possible path that can happen, and a particularly interesting and chaotic one, so it's likely something Xal'atath sees as a valid and desirable experience - a valid and true 'path' to seek.

The freedom of the Void is ultimate, which includes the freedom to die in countless horrifying ways.
    Well, I used to RP a Shadow Priest a lot, and that all seems much in line with what I expected. Xal'atath's main drive is seemingly curiosity, so she values what's interesting above all else. She's genuinely friendly, but holds no real commitment. You're an adventuring partner to chat with until the conversations grow stale and she decides to push you off a cliff before finding someone else.

She never seems motivated by hatred. Sometimes she shows contempt, but she even seems to express fondness for the Naaru. She's quite cheery and smug about almost everything. She's the delightful sociopath who leads you into all sorts of trouble, and who you laugh about it with afterward. Well, she laughs about it afterward. And this goes on until that one time she finally just drops you and leaves you to die. But it was good times until then.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-24 at 04:34 AM.

As much I love hanging out with Xal'atath she so very clearly set up me and many others with the line "Odyn was a great enemy... until his own arrogance proved his undoing. You should ask him if he's considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead."

She knew full well he'd go off his nut about it and lash out at us, the player.

I wish the talking artifacts would chat regardless of what spec we're in. My Shadow Priest is mostly fine, but I wish my Fire Mage and Destruction Warlock could listen to their Arcane/Demonology artifacts reacting to things.

I assume there's a guide of sorts somewhere that shows what circumstance each voice line is said in?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I wish the talking artifacts would chat regardless of what spec we're in. My Shadow Priest is mostly fine, but I wish my Fire Mage and Destruction Warlock could listen to their Arcane/Demonology artifacts reacting to things.

I assume there's a guide of sorts somewhere that shows what circumstance each voice line is said in?
    Well, they probably do talk but are being muffled by being at the bottom of the bag :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if the Old Gods broke away from their intended purpose and started doing their own thing. Like you said, why should N'Zoth set up Azeroth for corruption just so the Void Lords can have all the fun? Why not corrupt Azeroth for himself and rule the universe?
    Out of fear, most likely. I sincerely doubt the Old Gods are meant to get any kind of "fare share" out of this, and the Void Lords likely would not take kindly to the Old Gods acting in a way which is counter to their plans; they're free to do as they wish on irrelevant worlds or during the interim, but not doing such if it would cause irreparable damage to their overarching schemes. So far we've only seen small fragments of the Void Lords, such as Dimensius, who was able to destroy the Ethereal's homeworld and was only a mere fragment of the Void Lord's true power. This fragment was able to do something that we've yet to see any Old God do - destroy a world - and we're now seeing void creatures able to cause the Legion pause on their homeworld, albeit in absence of the Legion's masters. I think that if we do have a void theme in the upcoming expansion, it will be highlighting how insignificant N'zoth and the Old Gods really are in the grand scheme of things and attempting to setup the void as a more diverse enemy.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Out of fear, most likely. I sincerely doubt the Old Gods are meant to get any kind of "fare share" out of this, and the Void Lords likely would not take kindly to the Old Gods acting in a way which is counter to their plans; they're free to do as they wish on irrelevant worlds or during the interim, but not doing such if it would cause irreparable damage to their overarching schemes. So far we've only seen small fragments of the Void Lords, such as Dimensius, who was able to destroy the Ethereal's homeworld and was only a mere fragment of the Void Lord's true power. This fragment was able to do something that we've yet to see any Old God do - destroy a world - and we're now seeing void creatures able to cause the Legion pause on their homeworld, albeit in absence of the Legion's masters. I think that if we do have a void theme in the upcoming expansion, it will be highlighting how insignificant N'zoth and the Old Gods really are in the grand scheme of things and attempting to setup the void as a more diverse enemy.
    The actual full void lord forms better be badass looking beings and not just oversized void walkers. I hope a Void theme expansion gets done after the next expansion cause like u said. If they were to introduce them next. It'll make the old gods and azshara look like a joke.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

The actual full void lord forms better be badass looking beings and not just oversized void walkers. I hope a Void theme expansion gets done after the next expansion cause like u said. If they were to introduce them next. It'll make the old gods and azshara look like a joke.
    I'm hoping they look as horrifying and unusual as the Sha of Anger was when we first saw it. That thing was unlike anything in WoW to date, it was amazing and actually looked like an abomination.

I would love it if the Old Gods broke away from their intended purpose and started doing their own thing. Like you said, why should N'Zoth set up Azeroth for corruption just so the Void Lords can have all the fun? Why not corrupt Azeroth for himself and rule the universe?
    That would even be perfectly in line with the philosophy of the Void. No guidance. No forced paths.

With all this new information it's entirely possible that the final conflict of Warcraft will be Elune (true balance, embodying the best of both the Light and the Void) vs. N'Zoth (corrupt balance, embodying the worst of the Light and the Void). How cool would it be if N'Zoth heals the wound in Silithus and presents himself as a savior-like figure to make the denizens of Azeroth worship him?

Extra tinfoil: N'Zoth's theme from Hearthstone is called "restoring the balance".

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    As much I love hanging out with Xal'atath she so very clearly set up me and many others with the line "Odyn was a great enemy... until his own arrogance proved his undoing. You should ask him if he's considered Loken's final words to him. Go ahead."

She knew full well he'd go off his nut about it and lash out at us, the player.
    And yet she proved her point about the Light-worshiping ass. He's an intolerant self-righteous bastard who would stoop to murder if anyone dared question him. She set you up, but she taught you something through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    With all this new information it's entirely possible that the final conflict of Warcraft will be Elune (true balance, embodying the best of both the Light and the Void) vs. N'Zoth (corrupt balance, embodying the worst of the Light and the Void). How cool would it be if N'Zoth heals the wound in Silithus and presents himself as a savior-like figure to make the denizens of Azeroth worship him?

Extra tinfoil: N'Zoth's theme from Hearthstone is called "restoring the balance".
    Well, the story did make it seem like the Void doesn't distinguish too much between time periods.
    Slowly she began to see the difference between the Shadow's memories... the Shadow's plans... and the Shadow's desires. And from that...
    So, could some of what they say be spoken from a future perspective?
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    I mean, something has to stop the bleeding.

- - - Updated - - -

One is probably the crooked serpent with no eyes, watching from the endless sky. It has no eyes to see, but it dreams of infinite endings and beginnings.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Damp_Pamphlet
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stained_Pa...ion_Invasions)

Isn't that an exact description of how the Void sees? It dreams of infinite endings and beginnings, but is still blind in its way. The crooked serpent will probably be our primary Void Lord.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-24 at 02:28 PM.

The thing I don't like about where Void and Old God stuff is going is that the quintessential thing hat makes them interesting is just turning into every other evil force. It used to be consume and eliminate the universe, and now it's getting set up to just be every other bad that's power hungry and wants to rule it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    The thing I don't like about where Void and Old God stuff is going is that the quintessential thing hat makes them interesting is just turning into every other evil force. It used to be consume and eliminate the universe, and now it's getting set up to just be every other bad that's power hungry and wants to rule it instead.
    The Old Gods ruled a world covered with warring life. They never particularly demonstrated a desire to destroy all that there was. Even in the End Times future they sought to bring about, their own corrupted creations were said to be spared. Oh, they will definitely consume/assimilate everything in due time, but it was never for the purpose of absolute destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always saw the Legion as the ones who wanted oblivion, if only so Sargeras could start everything over again. The Old Gods seemed to want to rule a world full of chaos and life, not obliterate everything. I do hope the Void Lords share that mentality, and their efforts to 'consume' actually involve pulling everything into the Void to rule over everything in darkness and chaos forever.

I always saw the Legion as the ones who wanted oblivion, if only so Sargeras could start everything over again. The Old Gods seemed to want to rule a world full of chaos and life, not obliterate everything. I do hope the Void Lords share that mentality, and their efforts to 'consume' actually involve pulling everything into the Void to rule over everything in darkness and chaos forever.
    That's the way I see it too. The Legion are always destroying worlds or at least leaving them in a lifeless state. While the Old Gods give out their curse of flesh to twist shit up and create more life. To me the Legion are the great destroyers while the Old Gods are the great infestors.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

The Old Gods ruled a world covered with warring life. They never particularly demonstrated a desire to destroy all that there was. Even in the End Times future they sought to bring about, their own corrupted creations were said to be spared. Oh, they will definitely consume/assimilate everything in due time, but it was never for the purpose of absolute destruction.
    I think at this point, "winning" is actually the worst thing that could happen from N'Zoth's perspective, as it would leave him without anything to do.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point, i think the Void Lords don't actually have specific goals as a whole. The notion itself may be alien to them.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-09-24 at 04:44 PM.

Well, I'm fond of the cancer analogy, but I look at it from multiple directions. The Void always seeks more. You simply can't ever have enough dakka. Eventually this attitude will lead them to the point where they've exhausted every possible source of more.

However, what they seek more of depends on their individual tastes. Some may be more intellectual, and motivated primarily by curiosity. Some may be hungry in a more straightforward fashion, and simply seek to consume the energy of all things. Others may seek mastery, trying to bring all under their will. Chances are that many are a combination of these drives.

I think the Void's only real value judgements in different methods are in how capable they are of seeking more, or simply "power" in one form or another. That's why Azeroth got the "multiple warring Old Gods" treatment. They all have different traits and styles, different personalities. Y'Shaarj, first known to die, was the strongest. N'Zoth was the weakest, yet the closest to victory. This is something Xal'atath comments on. Whichever Old God wins will give their masters insight into true power. The Old God best suited to corrupt Azeroth, the personality and methodology best suited for it, is the one the one that survives all others.

Shall it be the raw power of Y'Shaarj? The more organized military hierarchy of Yogg-Saron and his C'thraxxi Generals? Whatever the hell C'thun is good at? Or will it be N'Zoth, weakest of them all, waiting to thoroughly infiltrate the ranks of those most likely to oppose him? Biding his time, waiting for his brothers to fail, before picking up the pieces and taking what worked for his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think at this point, "winning" is actually the worst thing that could happen from N'Zoth's perspective, as it would leave him without anything to do.
    Not wanting to win would be a strange deviation for an Old God. However, I rather doubt he'd much like to stop at "winning". Once one goal is achieved, there will still be more to seek. And more. And more. And more.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-24 at 04:53 PM.