Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Tier 21 Thoughts?

Tbh i think it looks good.

Heres the effects

Death Knight T21 Frost 2P Bonus - Howling Blast damage increased by 15% and Obliterate damage increased by 15%, and Frostscythe damage increased by 15%

Death Knight T21 Frost 4P Bonus - When you deal Frost damage, you have a chance to release a barrage of icy spikes at your target dealing (0% * 3) Frost damage.

I was going to change to unholy as of Thursday. But tbh i don't think frost will be in a bad spot. So what you think?

i find it...not interesting the 4p is just like on of our talents nothing engaging or new.

2p is boring as hell since it's just a flat damage increase,woooo!

where are the fun and interactive things set bonuses used to have?

Like tier 13 for blood back in cata where VB affected all raid members aswell

blizzard is taking the fun out of tier set bonuses it just doesn't feel fun anymore

To each their own. Iam talking about dps wise not fun wise. So ya it looks good.

with them now adding FSc to the 2pc bonus, and if the 4pc is decent at all we could see a complete FSc spam build with just mastery/crit stacking possibly even with shattering Strikes as a 6 single run dump rotation would get you 5 stacks every 4 seconds (remember using FS to remove RI stacks instantly applies 1 stack as well)

something like HB - FSc - FSc - FSc - FS - FSc - FSc - FSc - FS with rime procs tossed in and legendary chest usage (boring as all hell but it works).

your basicly waiting for 2 sets of auto attacks and 3 runes spent between FS usage.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-09-22 at 07:07 PM.

Eh Frost 2 and 4pc look neat but compared to Unholy where Death coil has a chance to hit twice plus the target to take 25% of direct damage for 4s and put that with Tak tak's shoulders going to see the DA do some ridiculous damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC 2pc wasn't buffing DA on PTR. I'd probably reroll if it does anyway :/
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    IIRC 2pc wasn't buffing DA on PTR. I'd probably reroll if it does anyway :/
    It does now. The 2pc now works as a true Death Coil cast (i.e. it increases DA's multiplier, restores energy to the ghoul, and can proc 2pc itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    It does now. The 2pc now works as a true Death Coil cast (i.e. it increases DA's multiplier, restores energy to the ghoul, and can proc 2pc itself).
    You mean 4pc? The extra DC cast bonus?

I think Unholy will still be stronger because of Shoulders without any further changes to the specs but it's nice to know that both specs have pretty good set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Time to reroll then I guess.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Has anyone had the time to play with a Death March/Defile build with the t21 bonuses?

I may be way off, but I suspect that even in single target it might not be too far behind Shoulders / DA given how much damage output will vary from pull to pull based off 4p extra coil procs in the 20 second DA window.

That said, Deadliest Coil relics seem like they will go up dramatically in value given t21 synergy

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Time to reroll then I guess.
    I am not able to spend time on PTR or something else...i am just confused about the frost/unholy balance in the next raid. Both t21 sets looks very strong to me, i have all bis legendarys 4 frost and unholy, both weapons are equal (both at 63 points and 960 itemlv), both speccs are very funny to play and i perform very good with both speccs....
    So...what the hell should i do? It is impossible 4 me to choose one of both speccs atm - never had that scenario before in my WoW life...that sucks :-(
    Just do normal raids and some mythic+ (10-15 keys) because i don't have time 4 more...but i still wanna perform as good as i can and i always try to play the best what my class can offer with my 930 gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dranora View Post
    I am not able to spend time on PTR or something else...i am just confused about the frost/unholy balance in the next raid. Both t21 sets looks very strong to me, i have all bis legendarys 4 frost and unholy, both weapons are equal (both at 63 points and 960 itemlv), both speccs are very funny to play and i perform very good with both speccs....
    So...what the hell should i do? It is impossible 4 me to choose one of both speccs atm - never had that scenario before in my WoW life...that sucks :-(
    Just do normal raids and some mythic+ (10-15 keys) because i don't have time 4 more...but i still wanna perform as good as i can and i always try to play the best what my class can offer with my 930 gear!
    Your "main" priority will be to get at least one to rank 75. After that you can just level up the other one to rank 75 and really it's not going to take all that long given the state of AK.

After that you'll probably swap specs between fights since one will be superior to the other in various situations.

Or if you're having more fun with one than another just roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Your "main" priority will be to get at least one to rank 75. After that you can just level up the other one to rank 75 and really it's not going to take all that long given the state of AK.

After that you'll probably swap specs between fights since one will be superior to the other in various situations.

Or if you're having more fun with one than another just roll with it.
    There's another book to gain faster AK ? Because when you say "it's not gonna take long" is kinda elitist if you ask me It means I'd need to play only 1 spec for like an entire month and, frankly, I can't be arsed with that...
    I'd rather have fun playing multiples toons than stick only to 1 class, let alone 1 spec.

After the last 2 it seems extremely underwhelming and with will probably heavily favor an interim set combination of the old 4p and the new 2p ..

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    There's another book to gain faster AK ? Because when you say "it's not gonna take long" is kinda elitist if you ask me It means I'd need to play only 1 spec for like an entire month and, frankly, I can't be arsed with that...
    I'd rather have fun playing multiples toons than stick only to 1 class, let alone 1 spec.
    No more books.

I have 7 alts, 2 of which just got to 110 last week and 2 weeks ago.

They are both sitting on rank 58 and it's not like I've really gone out of my way to farm up AP.

In roughly 2 or 3 weeks they'll be completely caught up to my main - which is only rank 63 now with everyone else at rank 62.

If you'd prefer to split your AP between the two specs that's not a big deal either - depending of course on what level of raiding you are competing in. Basically you'll have both specs hitting rank 75 at roughly the same time it would take you to have one hit rank 75, followed by the other hitting rank 75.

Also things are kinda worked around an expectation of one rank up or so a week. So if you rank up one then just swap over to your other spec and push it that'll be fine too.

I'm hardly elitist, I'm an LFR hero that just kinda knows how the math will fall. Unless you NEED both specs completely maximized it's really not going to be a big deal. Just hit rank 75 on one, then dump AP into your other specs. Or at least that's my plan. :-)

Managing your order hall AP missions is the best way (unless you want to farm 17+ Mythic dungeons a day) and you can do this while at home, work, school and vacation with your phone.

running 10 Mythic+ 10 Arcways will net you 270mil a run or 2.7billion for 10 runs, thats the equivalent of doing 7 AP order hall missions a day (and if you gear your guys right you can usually do 11-13 AP missions daily).

an Order hall AP mission nets you 3.9mil for 200%
    a Mythic+10 arcway nets you 2.7mil (halls and arcway give the highest AP)

cycling through your order halls missions effeciently will also get you through there armor set requirements quicker, i already have 7 followers at 950 ilvl and most dont even have there guys at 925 yet.

every single follower has 25% or 30%(epic) time reduction bonus along with 90% (50% + 40%) to whatever there main counter is, then i cycle a single korkrul, lightforge etc follower with them to 200% and have atleast 6 missions going at all times (less i want them to all come back together for a counter).

another trick is set up whitemane with all 3 time duration bonuses (30% + 25% + 20%) and only activate her when the special missions are available from the legionfall supply building, put her on it along with Koltira (who also has 20% base + 30% extra equip) and you can cycle 5-6 time through the 1 billion AP mission as you can drop the duration to 11-13 hrs and do it 2 times a day for 3 days.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-09-26 at 12:38 PM.

Can we please get this thread back on track and talk about T21 instead of artifact farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After the last 2 it seems extremely underwhelming and with will probably heavily favor an interim set combination of the old 4p and the new 2p ..
    Which is impossible because the chest is by far the best legendary for both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Which is impossible because the chest is by far the best legendary for both specs.
    We are talking 15% more to your main attack here, it's well within the realm of possibilities that it would beat out chest + what ever with something like the belt.