Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So what up with Lothraxion

His title says "High Commander", but he does surprisingly little commanding. In fact I haven't seen him do so anywhere on Argus. It's mainly Turalyon who goes to the front lines.

I get the feeling they created this guy purely to say "Hey there's this Army of the Light and they can even purify dreadlords." Another throwaway character?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    he has some presence in audio drama but thats it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A ton of his lore is explained in the 1000 year war audio drama.

Also he's a paladin follower so doesn't make his own decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    he has some presence in audio drama but thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    A ton of his lore is explained in the 1000 year war audio drama.

Yeah, basically explained.

He's more one of those emissary soldiers. We borrow him from the Army of Light, just not many people like him on the field.

As well, remember, Turalyon outranks him.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Aren't commanders typically strategists rather than front line fighters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Well, it could be that we're missing what missions he delegates. I mean, we see Turalyon on the field, could be that little Lottie holds a lot of the mission command in the Vindicaar.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    In theory they are, but in Warcraft this is stunningly uncommon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    In theory they are, but in Warcraft this is stunningly uncommon.
    Maybe they protect them better than the Horde and Alliance?

I mean, the Horde and Alliance DID appoint MILLIONS of commanders in Warlords of Draenor. So, maybe they are treated differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    He apparently was the big guy before Turalyon broke into scene. Since then he's more of a commanded than a commander.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

The golden Dreadlord? Does he even matter?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Lorewise there was only one commander for each faction.
    I know but lately the story telling has centered around the hero instead of heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The golden Dreadlord? Does he even matter?
    Well, he's more of a pet. A convert, really. He seem to more or less be a backseat driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, he's more of a pet. A convert, really. He seem to more or less be a backseat driver.
    I really thought he would be an important figure when I saw him in the Paladin / Priest (?) class campaign but now... LOL. He's even worse than Turalyon and Alleria and those two are very badly written as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    This is one of the weaknesses of the class follower stuff. For those of us who aren't paladins, we have no way of knowing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is one of the weaknesses of the class follower stuff. For those of us who aren't paladins, we have no way of knowing this.
    It makes sense RP wise though. We're not supposed to know absolutely everything. As a priest, it's totally reasonable I don't know let's say warlock stuff.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really thought he would be an important figure when I saw him in the Paladin / Priest (?) class campaign but now... LOL. He's even worse than Turalyon and Alleria and those two are very badly written as well.
    He's the missing link between Turalyon and Alleria and their entrance to the Army of Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    It makes sense RP wise though. We're not supposed to know absolutely everything. As a priest, it's totally reasonable I don't know let's say warlock stuff.
    Oh I agree - it's just that we can't know this and the game doesn't provide the kind of interaction that would really happen with my druid talking to a paladin saying "So who is this guy..." and them explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He's the missing link between Turalyon and Alleria and their entrance to the Army of Light.
    And is that something positive? He has been there and now he's useless. I think that's another major flaw of 7.3.

My guess is that he's some experienced nathrezim commander who was "kindly asked" by Xe'ra to join her Army of Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its not like you should give too much complicated work to brainwashed minion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jokes on you,

he doesn't do anything because Lothraxion is secretly a dreadlord in disguise.