Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Archer and Family Guy are two that spring to my mind instantly

Deleted

Dragon Booster. The main protagonist is the ideal hero in training, so he is quite boring. But the story march slowly on and change direction. The main antagonist change a loot....and in the end is more of a anti-hero then a villian.

Robotech Macross. Story driven, it happen somthing important in evry ep. Very mature, have consept like anybody can die and infidelity. The main protagonist do change and break down becuse of the demand of war. Like give order to open fire against a large amount of enemy even if a singel friendly unit is in the line of fire.

Justice League Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'll second this. OP was asking for shows with some character development and Airbender has that.
    Thirded. I came into the thread just to say this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Young Justice. I can't believe people have already forgotten.

Southpark.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    You should check out Venture Bros. All of the core cast develop over the course of the show.
    Seconded, with a vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Southpark.
    Especially now that Kenny doesn't die every episode. It was amusing but it's not something I miss anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

If you're into anime, try Rakugo Shinjuu (despite being listed as a josei anime, that is aimed at adult women, which really isn't the case here), Shinsekai Yori, Black Lagoon. Rakugo Shinjuu is an absolute masterpiece that I can safely recommend even to non-anime fans, the writing blows most live action shows and movies out of the water. It's universally acclaimed despite belonging to a very niche genre. It's all about the interactions between the characters, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    This. Re-watched it recently. It's so good.

Avatar The Last Airbender. Legend of Korra's pretty ok as well. Hmm... Star Wars Clone Wars series. Young Justice, but it's unfinished so far, season 3 scheduled for next year (thank you Netflix).

And I'm gonna say Teen Titans (started 2003 on Cartoon network, had quite a few seasons). I still have it sitting on an external drive. Love that series. It's next to TLA.

Deleted
    The Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    The old teen titans that got cancelled
    Fucking. RIP. In. Peace Teen Titans Go was the saddest slap to my face I had ever received. The original was so good. It was basically an anime. I'd say it was probably better than Avatar the Last Airbender in terms of quality, but that could be because I was a little younger when that show was airing. I don't know why it was canceled or who thought it was a good idea to replace it with... what we got... but they should really focus on giving people real shows to watch again. Adventure Time is silly, but at least it has real story and real feelings and character development. It's not just another Spongebob clone. There are waaay too many of those.

But yeah Avatar the Last Airbender and the Korra series two afterwards are both great. The original Teen Titans show is really good as mentioned, but it ends poorly due to the cancellation.

I'd even say Adventure Time is a pretty good show. I don't know how much character development there is compared to the other two, but it is definitely there. It seems like maybe the later seasons threw out some of the decisions they ended up making because.. reasons... but there is definitely some stuff in there. Relationships that start, relationships that end, relationships that were implied to have happened before the show ever started, relationships with some of the character's backstories and family members that aren't there from the beginning. How some people got magic powers, character upgrades, character deaths, etc. Some good stuff.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-09-24 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This. Re-watched it recently. It's so good.
    Check out the comics as well. It continues after the show ends and tackle the problems of integrating the fire nation with the rest etc.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Check out the comics as well. It continues after the show ends and tackle the problems of integrating the fire nation with the rest etc.
    Also this. You can find the comics pretty easily Online.

I honestly enjoyed the development in Gravity Falls... though that's just a side thing, just loved the side-show Mystery theme of it... reminded me of Sam and Max: Hits the Road.

Archer without doubt!

Just watch this clip

Young Justice

7+ Year Old Account
    Avatar The Last Airbendero not watch Korra, its okay in itself but it completely ruins the universe.
    Young Justice:Superboy and Miss Martian Develop the most out of the cast though.
    Teen Titans:was PERFECT characters developed and grew through out the seasons and you learned more about them throughout
    Adventure Time
    Starwars The Clone Wars:fills in alot of gaps in the movies and honestly...makes the prequels better, and it has such a better more badass version of Anakin that we've ever got.
    Death Parade this show is brilliant in alot of ways, I don't want to ruin anything. But Deckem and Chiyuki both develop alot in a short amount of time but its all when done. The show is just amazing and more people should see it
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-09-28 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I wish more more cartoons/anime did character arks that included people getting older. Age plays a big role in an individual's development. IMO
    That's more about animation and time than anything. It's just a lot easier to not age characters. Fairy Tail is one that has done it, but most shows don't bother, and I don't really have an issue with it.