Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Somebody is missing from that list.
    It has room for only 10 characters, no one is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And WotA Deathwing even with Dragon Soul wasn't performing any cataclysms. Chances are Cata Deathwing with 10k more years of being altered by the Old Gods > WotA Deathwing even with the Dragon Soul. Chances are there's a reason Cata Deathwing didn't try all that much to retrieve it and only sent some wimp for a reason, whereas he was obsessed with the thing in WotA.

Hell, even if all Archimonde retreated from was WotA Dragon Soul, even that Dragon Soul was weaker. Because the Dragon Soul we had in Cata was the one snatched from WotA and then further empowered by the Aspects and Thrall (who was substituting for Deathwing - because reasons - whose power was entirely missing from the original).

And yet Cata Deathwing survived the first blast after the initial charging up pretty much unscathed. He still survived the second blast after another charge up. He was only destroyed after the Aspects gave everything they had into the Dragon Soul. So even if the artifact and not its wielder was all Archimonde was scared of, he still would have been scared of something that Cata Deathwing could tank.
    Deathwing is practically unkilliable unless you have the Dragon Soul so I would rate him above Acrhimonde and Kil'jaeden.

without ridiculous amp, he is fairly below.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Chances are there's a reason Cata Deathwing didn't try all that much to retrieve it and only sent some wimp, whereas he was obsessed with the thing in WotA.
    Yeah there was, after WotA Alex cursed it so he was unable to touch it without destroying him. Thats why Skillcrusher used it to manipulate Reds during second war, being ordered by Deathwing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Actually, if you read Argus' boss description, it says that he is a guarding a Power that could unmake the Universe.

The power being Argus' Titan, which we fight as the last boss for Antorus.

- - - Updated - - -

In my eyes, Argus is either AS Strong, if not, then a BIT weaker than Sargeras in power. But, that's power alone, not ability.

We'll likely face off against a corrupted Azeroth next Expac. And, if that's the case, then we'll be beyond the Gods by the time we face off against the Void Lords.
    That's IF Sargeras manages to infuse Argus with his own essence and the power of the legion, not when he's standalone Argus, not to mention that scenario does not happen, thus he is weaker than Sargeras.

I don't think Azeroth will get corrupted anytime soon, Azeroth is rumored by the titans to be stronger than even Sargeras and could end the void lords and the void itself all by herself... Her getting corrupted, I'm not sure what we'd have to pull out in order to kill her, perhaps Elune would finally become a real deity and undo Azeroth herself, with our aid. However, I don't see her getting corrupted, definitely not next expansion, unless we somehow cleanse her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    He likely is, or at least almost at that peak. Remember, Argus' WORLD SOUL has been tortured and fucked up by the Fel for ages now. At this rate, Fel Magics might not even affect him.

Also, OP, Argus is NOT in Avatar form when we fight him. He might just be the only Titan that can change sizes. Likely the reason for as to why the Titan's found Azeroth first, and not Argus. Argus might've had cloaking feats not even the Pantheon could notice. Hell, even when Sargeras WENT to Argus, he didn't know that a Titan was in it, until the very last second. Hell, Sargeras thought this Titan to be SO useful, that not only did he use his might to help him with his infinite army, but he's pretty much Sargeras' Ace in the Hole card.
    Do we even know that he changes size? For real. Has someone datamined his bossfight room so far? Given where we fight Aggramar and him being the second to last boss, Argus might as well be massive, rising right out of that hole below Aggramar's balcony over the massive fel pit.

Deleted
    Argus the Unmaker is stronger than Sargeras. The Unmaker is only a Avatar and could already unmake the mutiverse. Sargeras's avatar got best by a guardian so Argus > Sargeras > Argus the Unmaker > Sargeras' Avatar.

The titans cannot change their size otherwise they could had best the old gods without ripping them out of existence.

Argus the Unmaker unmakes Sargeras. At full power Argus the Unmaker could unmake the rest of the realities including the void and light.
    Titans can change their sizes and you'll see it in the Pantheon, Sargeras isn't always the size of a planet, his weapon isn't always 10 times the size of a planet, it would be impractical when they travel the cosmos as it would most likely pull planets out of their own orbits.

The reason they most likely did not go to the surface of planets is because of their weight, I would assume when they downscale, they just alter the density of their celestial bodies to the point it could potentially crush any planet they set foot upon.

I like Lich King too man but your list is bogus.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Arthas a 2.

in a post in the lore forum

lol.

anyway my list would be, using only people we fought;

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Aggramar
    3. Empowered Deathwing
    4. Kil'jaeden / Archimonde
    5. Avatar of Sargeras
    6. Yogg-saron
    7. Coven of Shivarra
    8. Firelands Ragnaros
    9. Odyn / Helya
    10. Lei Shen

If you had a list where you used everyone and at full power, the list would be Void Lords, Titans and Old Gods which probably makes up 10.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-24 at 01:39 PM.

1. Argus and Aggramar
    2. Yogg Saron and C'thun
    3. Deathwing
    4. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde
    5. The keepers, the Avatar of Sargeras, Azshara and Lei Shen
    6. Malygos, Ysera and Murozond
    7. The Lich King
    8. Garrosh, Cho'gall, Xavius and Gul'dan
    9. Cenarius and Ursoc

I'm considering them all at the apex of their power. We've fought weakened versions of some of them, like Ysera, the old gods, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Through game mechanics, yes, in actual lore, hell the fuck no, you couldn't.
    Wielder of Ashbringer > Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Wielder of Ashbringer > Arthas.
    Tirion with Ashbringer>Arthas, not generic wielder of Ashbringer... And only while Arthas was distracted with reanimating 25 dead people, and not looking in Tirion's direction.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-24 at 05:16 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Highlord is stronger than Tirion though
    says who? Nothing has happened that I remember which shows we are stronger than he was... And even if there was, that doesn't mean we're stronger than Arthas... Tirion only beat Arthas after we, and 24 other people, spent 15 minutes beating the shit out of him, and then, again, made a strike while Arthas wasn't looking at or paying attention to him.

In a straight up 1v1 the exact same thing would have happened to Tirion that happened to him at the start of the LK fight, frozen in a block of ice... and then Arthas would have killed him, the only reason he wasn't killed in the LK fight is because Arthas wanted him to have to watch us die, Arthas otherwise would have just shoved Frostmourne through Tirion's chest.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-24 at 06:09 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Yeah there was, after WotA Alex cursed it so he was unable to touch it without destroying him. Thats why Skillcrusher used it to manipulate Reds during second war, being ordered by Deathwing
    And the version we had in Cata was one before it was cursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the designers implemented the lore in a more appropriate manner, the stronger we get isn't a reflection on the foes we face. We don't get stronger, our foes don't get stronger. It isn't linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Blizzard went on record said Lei Shen could smash Arthas 1 v 1 hands down.

He should be at the bottom of that list, the Lich King wasn't a very powerful enemy, only the fact he could create an army of the undead. the Lich King gets a lot of rep because a lot of the lore characters had personal reasons for wanting to stop him, more than say Deathwing or Garrosh.
    See everybody always has this information WRONG. They said at the HEIGHT OF THEIR POWER 1v1 Lei Shen would win. Lei Shen's height of power was LONG before we fought him. He was infused with the spirit of Aman'thul which he had stolen from Ra-den after imprisoning him. He would have destroyed us if he still had that power. He was still strong, but he didn't have that same power anymore. The Lich King's height WAS when we fought him. Lich King was definitely more powerful than Lei Shen when we fought them both, but Lei Shen did hit a higher ceiling than Arthas did in times past.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    lemme just reorganise the list so it makes sense
    1. Argus the Unmaker
    2: Aggrammar
    3: KJ / Archimonde
    4: Yogg-saron
    5: Deathwing
    6: Malygos
    7: Lei shen
    8: Arthas
    9: Garrosh
    10: Algalon

altho even with this redone list i'm not sure if i'm right with the placing of Yogg i think an arguement could be made for him being placed higher than KJ / Archimonde
    This is a fair list imo. Potentially Arthas over Lei Shen depending on when we are talking for Lei Shen. Potentially Deathwing above Kj/Archi depending on when we are talking for Deathwing as well.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2017-09-24 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Arthas' power comes from his ability to raise and control hordes of undead (giants/dragons/beasts/etc). In a 1v1 fight, Arthas is actually one of the WEAKEST characters in the game.

However, with his absolute control over legions of undead, he is pretty powerful. Also, he can raise already poweful lore characters and make them fight for him, so if you take that into account, his power is limitless. Like, imagine if he raised DW under his control. Game over, man.
    That's also not entirely true. The strength of his magic grows with every undead under his command. It acts like some sick form of sustenance giving him a little more power which he can then use to make more undead faster. His magical strength grows exponentially until there is no life left to consume. Frostmourne grows stronger with every soul it consumes. It was strong enough to destroy or resist many powerful weapons on its own. He broke Saurfang Jr's weapon and stole his soul in one hit: the same hit. He was definitely very powerful at his height with both of these things going for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    If the designers implemented the lore in a more appropriate manner, the stronger we get isn't a reflection on the foes we face. We don't get stronger, our foes don't get stronger. It isn't linear.
    Yeah this is also a pretty big problem. We just assume that every time we level, we're gaining in strength. That might partially be true to some extent, but we don't have any real reference to go off of. I mean, in Vanilla we fought against Ragnaros the Firelord (who is a decently powerful being albeit weakened in this version), and Onyxia in the first tier. We fought against Nefarian and his minions in the second tier. AQ next which contained C'thun and his very powerful minions. Seriously, these things were strong enough to beat a lot of combined forces (I think the dragons and the night elves), and that was without C'thun ever using a single attack. They were so strong that the only hope was to lock the door to their home and split the key to it in multiple pieces so nobody would unlock it. And then Naxxramas. Do we REALLY think Kel'thuzad is stronger than C'thun lorewise? I'm doubtful, yet that was extremely difficult.

And then next expansion we're running around slaying fucking big ass pitlords and Illidan himself while we then take the fight to KJ at the Sunwell. The power gap seems to be huge, but we didn't ACTUALLY do anything to make us that powerful. Like... are we assuming that our characters grew massively in power after Vanilla? I don't get it. Slaying imps and demons while fetching elemental rubble doesn't sound like it's going to turn anybody into a Pitlord slaying badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    It's been confirmed that Lei Shen at his full power could easily wipe Arthas out one-on-one.
    No one said such thing, don't exaggerate, and what is more we are taking here about a Lei Shen empowered with the essence of a titan, different type of fish, that can easy by in top of that list

We don't know Arthas rank in that list but let's not exaggerate

Based on what is present during the fights, Algalon should be 1, the implied power is massive.
    Big Bang, Constellations, Star Collapse, Black Holes. Theres nothing currently in the game that can compare.

7+ Year Old Account
    We finally have another boss that's actually strong enough to one shot us. We haven't had a boss this powerful since the Lich King. I believe the Lich King could still defeat us but he would actually have to try this time where as back then. He defeated us without trying. But I think it's safe to say Argus took the crown as the most powerful boss we ever fought so far. Seeing as he can one shot us and the fact that we need the pantheon's help in the fight.

So the top 5 strongest boss is probably this. Counting all bosses not just final bosses.

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    3. Avatar of Evil Aggrammar
    4. Kil'jaeden the Deceiver/ Archimonde the Defiler
    5. Deathwing the Aspect of Death
    6. Yoga Saron the God of Death
    7. Juiced up Garrosh the Leader of the True Horde
    8. Lei Shen the Thunder King
    9. Malygos the Aspect of Magic
    10. Algalon the Observer

Feel free to make your own top 10 list.
    Really, we're killing Argus with the help of other powerful... things, no spoils. Just like with Yogg, we really didn't do that much and apparently Investing In an all powerful all growing artifact weapon doesn't matter since we have gods on our side to do most of the job for us, while we pick Argus' teeth until It dies.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?