Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nexx you've asserted this a couple times but is there evidence I missed that this church was all black people (or the victims)? If they were white, this discussion of black self-racism is irrelevant.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But no one mentioned his motivations... The comments were about media omitting facts; presumably for nefarious reasons since there is no reason to omit those facts... They had the actual police quote... What possible reason could there be to paraphrase that quote?
    It reminds me of a CBS? PBS? A media outlet reporting on the chicago kidnapping in which a few black teens kidnapped an autistic white person and tortured him on livestream. The report omitted who did the kidnapping, who was saying what and who was hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It's relevant to the police records, not for reporting the incident. You're still not making an argument for why it's relevant which is what you need to do since you're making the claim.
    CNN just updated their article to include the full description.

Apparently they thought it was relevant enough to alter their previous statement.

There's no reason to state that fact. What would the reason be? They don't need a reason to omit it if there's no reason to state it in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it bias though? What's bias about leaving out an irrelevant detail?
    It's bias when CNN went out their way to label George Zimmerman a "white Hispanic" on their own and continued to use that description throughout the Trayvon Martin ordeal but then fail to identify this guy even using the direct quote from the police.

Who knows? Why does it matter? That would also be an irrelevant factor at this point.
    A black man targeting a white church validates the speculation that it may have been racially motivated. It's not even close to irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, then I guess your entire argument of them being bias goes out the window, right?
    No because they still did what I complained about... They merely corrected themselves...

How many church shootings where the shooter was white wasn't a hate crime exactly? I also don't see how not reporting something irrelevant is "going out of their way".
    The Dylan Roof shooting is a wonderful case of this, regardless that it turned out it was racially motivated, there was no evidence to suggest it was at the writing of this NY Times article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/18/u...-carolina.html

Enjoy the article, they didn't even know who the shooter was and they already called it a hate crime. Quotes from the article are such gems as "white guy walks into a black church what else could it be?"

Fucking disgusting hypocrisy is what else it could be.

Which was my entire point. It's irrelevant until such a conclusion is made.
    This might be semantics but whether it's relevant or not means whether you should take the fact into consideration when making the conclusion in the first place. If it was a black church, anti-white racism is irrelevant. If it's a white church, anti-white racism is a possibility and therefore not irrelevant. You do know what irrelevant means, right?

They didn't report an irrelevant detail until they knew if it was relevant or not? You're mad about a news agency having some actual credibility in their reporting rather than jumping the gun?

This is a prime fucking example of hypocrisy and you don't even fucking realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the hypocrisy exactly? I wasn't aware of the victim's races being identified in this case yet. Until they know that information, the race of the shooter is irrelevant.
    Umm.... Did you read the article. Did you even click on it and read the title?

I'm not sure if you are being purposely obtuse or not.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, there goes that narrative that all church mass shooters are white
    That's the first thing you think to mention at the thought of a bunch of innocent people in church that got ̶m̶u̶r̶d̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ shot? Something's wrong with you...

Assholes of every background exists. White Supremacists, BLM, and any other divisive group needs to be left on an island somewhere to bicker and let the civilized people of every ethnicity co-exist properly.
    Last edited by InventiveMeasures; 2017-09-24 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus is a bad influence on people just like violent video games, it should be banned

/s
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you know this how?
    By watching news reports with interviews from some of the congregation of that church.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Better lock this up - it paints a specific race in a bad light.

Usher with a legal carry permit saves the day making it out to his car to retrieve his legal gun even after being pistol whipped, confronting the shooter who ultimately shot himself.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you looking? I see plenty of diversity there.

So they interviewed some white people so you think everyone there including the victims are white?
    No, but it was stated that the church was majority white.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I hope the dude survives so he can go to trial and prison

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why do people in america shoot other people up so much ?

There's this theory and there might be some truth to it, it goes we get our violent streak from our Scottish immigrants. Like a lot of immigrant groups that come to the US Scottish immigrants were city people, they were poor people from the countryside and these people had a tradition of holding grudges and settling scores.

For example, the Hatfields and McCoys were real families in the US and they had a feud that lasted for decades with many killed on each side.

Other groups in the US have picked up the bad habit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, this is true. The media is terrible and they are to blame for a lot of the racial tension we see nowadays. They want their ratings, and they do it at the expense of us.
    In those cases us=people blinded by media. We all know media wants sensation, it's up to "us" to be smart enough to think for ourselfs.
    The flock of sheep just keeps growing stronger and stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Better lock this up - it paints a specific race in a bad light.
    Let's riot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I hope the dude survives so he can go to trial and prison
    I hope they won't start protesting for he's freedom.

So, then I guess your entire argument of them being bias goes out the window, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Except they didn't fail to do so. They updated the article.

- - - Updated - - -

Which was my entire point. It's irrelevant until such a conclusion is made.
    After the huge internet uproar over the article they pretty much had no choice if they want to keep any ability to at least try to appear unbiased.

It says something that CNNs reporters, writers, fact checkers, and editors all seem to not see this as biased and it takes the general public to get them acknowledge this. I don't know if the attack is racially motivated or not, but CNN pushes their agenda at any cost. In the past several months they have had to retract stories, create extensive corrections, been caught on tape admitting that they were pushing an agenda with Russia/Trump and fired people for essentially getting caught lying/pushing a false story. All of this has been to do whatever they can to maintain the progressive agenda.