Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That's really weird. All other languages have 2 forms for that class.
    Most latin-based languages have two genders for pretty much every noun, not something specific to priests at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    Food for your thoughts, the french loc genders the classes.

Male priest is "Prêtre"
    Female priest is "Prêtresse"
    But what about if someone identifies as an attack helicopter?

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    This.

The inception of certain words into language do not always mean the "masculine" version of it.

A police officer is a police officer regardless of gender. There aren't "officers" for males and "officerettes" for females.
    Police officer is the PC version. Traditionally it used to be policeman, and later policewoman when that was allowed.

Fun fact is that blizzard actually already have the Tech to put difference in race/class names based on gender. They do that on the Brazillian and Spanish versions of the game.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Then I want female DKs to be called Death Maidens.
    Nonsensical. Maidens aren't anything like Knights. Try harder. At least a Priestess is somewhat like a Priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I doubt Blizzard had any ill-intentions in not including gender-specific labels to classes in the EC.

Should it be fixed? Nah, why allocate resources to something so minor.

If you are triggered by something this absurd, then you should go and play a different game. I hear Destiny 2 caters to this particular mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Nonsensical. Maidens aren't anything like Knights. Try harder. At least a Priestess is somewhat like a Priest.
    It was sarcasm. I don't mind tbh, but other localizations differentiate gender.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    It was sarcasm. I don't mind tbh, but other localizations differentiate gender.
    Dame is a female equivalent. Death Dame would be fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Police officer is the PC version. Traditionally it used to be policeman, and later policewoman when that was allowed.
    I thought the PC version was "peace officer" or something?

Also, the use of the term "priestess" WITHIN the lore can be a cultural thing. I believe Night Elf culture uses the terms "priestess" to describe the female followers of Elune.

You seem to have wanted tumblr not MMO Champion OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You seem to have wanted tumblr not MMO Champion OP
    What is wrong with that? Fighting for social justice is noble and just. We should struggle for better tomorrow and make our world a safe space where people won't be discriminated just because they love same gender.

Not to mention that MMO-C already is a tumblr, moderators would agree with me.

This is a troll thread right. We`re in the world of Azeroth. They don`t give a fuck about our stupid PC garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    What is wrong with that? Fighting for social justice is noble and just. We should struggle for better tomorrow and make our world a safe space where people won't be discriminated just because they love same gender.

Not to mention that MMO-C already is a tumblr, moderators would agree with me.
    1/10 I chuckled

Deleted
    MMOchamp is a toxic boys club. Just not one that actually matters, since it's populated by 12 year olds in their early edgy internet phase. You'll grow out of it, and wish you could erase the embarassing bile you spew, the kekistan flags, the desperate and outdated 4chan memes, the earnest attempt to be as horrible, racist, sexist whatever as possible. All of its going to make you cringe until your eyes roll out your sockets in 5 or 6 years

T. An adult

And why would you need a female counterpart to a name/title/etc when it is not necessary? Wouldn't you think it's discriminatory to say "No, females cannot be priests. They must be called priestesses" even though they are both the exact same thing?
    Use your brain. It isn't that hard.

Priest is inclusive actually.

And the Priest class in WoW is not a reference to in world religious titles so the sex title distinction is irrelevant.

Thanks for spreading more cancerous bytes in the form of this thread upon the internet OP.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-24 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    I saw someone else mention this and I realized that they were right.

For those that don't know, Priest is masculine, and Priestess is feminine. But for some reason in game, we only have the ability to create Priests, even when our character is female.

Does anyone else find this a little discriminatory? What if a female character wanted to be called a Priestess (like Tyrande is) rather than just a priest? It forces an unwanted male perspective when playing.

I also think there should be more gender neutral names when playing too. Many people use X to replace the feminine or masculine letters in a word, so a totally inclusive version of "Priests" could be "Priestx"

thoughts?
    Shut the fuck uppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Nesser View Post
    MMOchamp is a toxic boys club. Just not one that actually matters, since it's populated by 12 year olds in their early edgy internet phase. You'll grow out of it, and wish you could erase the embarassing bile you spew, the kekistan flags, the desperate and outdated 4chan memes, the earnest attempt to be as horrible, racist, sexist whatever as possible. All of its going to make you cringe until your eyes roll out your sockets in 5 or 6 years

T. An adult
    Boy howdy, I can't wait to read your 3rd post.

I can't wait for political correctness to work itself into video games. Isn't it time for transgender orcs and non-binary worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Considering their movies have grossed over 12 billion dollars, probably pretty damn well.
    Because their movies up until the latest Spiderman weren't SJW. And I was referring to comics.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it