Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Funny enough, I was running the scenario in my head and I was like wait a minute. I was going to ask you if the values could repeat I.e. 131 (which makes the most sense), or if your implementation was as literal as you implied. I decided to focus on the overarching details instead (feel/intention, etc.).
    If they could repeat, we're actually up to 3,125 combinations from 5 keys (5 choices per entry). @_@

I think our MMO just got too complicated.

Sorry to derail from the ongoing current discussion but I didn't see anyone posting this.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002162.html

Finally we can have chocobos and minions out at the same time. I also really hope that the still not announced new UI feature is the ability to join a PF group as a party instead of having to disband and then tell everyone which group it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear if this adventurer squadrons shit is more menu content I might go insane. Does ANYONE actually like menu content? Like is it actually fun for anyone? I'd be interested to hear your input. Menu content is designed as go to spot, click something, hit button, move on with life. I.e. Retainers/squadron missions, cactpot, etc.
    It's not fun for me. I do it b/c I need the rewards (eg: sending retainers to fetch crafting mats that would require hours of grind) but FUN? Eeh.. no.
    I had a time, as a kid, where I played O-game / Spacepioneers (both Browsergames) but these days I cannot have fun w/o actual engaging gameplay or good storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

While I appreciate your insight here, your tone is all wrong.
    That's his normal tone. I don't think I have ever seen him reply politely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Sorry to derail from the ongoing current discussion but I didn't see anyone posting this.

Finally we can have chocobos and minions out at the same time. I also really hope that the still not announced new UI feature is the ability to join a PF group as a party instead of having to disband and then tell everyone which group it is.
    Not gonna lie, was one of my wee things I wanted done!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The pvp private match thing is interesting. Community organised pvp tournaments would get me way more interested than the current 'drop in with randos and everyone runs around like headless chickens' experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

Not gonna lie, was one of my wee things I wanted done!
    Ikr! The amount of times I tried to pull out a minion in a non-chicken-area, only to be reminded my chicken was still around...

all i want atm is more minimal job gauges. most of them are so ugly and take up way too much space.

Now I can say I did Yo-Kai on savage (aka sans chocobo assitance).

Seemingly minor change, but a nice one, made nicer by the fact things like Yo-Kai exist.

Speaking of the Falcon mount campaign...How I can get it, I've been constantly subscribed each and every month for 2+ years straight yet I do not meet the eligibility for the mount even the campaign is going to end soon, and next time I get billed will be after the campaign has ended...thus failing to meet the requirement of 90 days?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Speaking of the Falcon mount campaign...How I can get it, I've been constantly subscribed each and every month for 2+ years straight yet I do not meet the eligibility for the mount even the campaign is going to end soon, and next time I get billed will be after the campaign has ended...thus failing to meet the requirement of 90 days?
    There's a second batch being sent out in oct, if you've been subscribed this whole time without a break then you'll likely receive it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There's a second batch being sent out in oct, if you've been subscribed this whole time without a break then you'll likely receive it then.
    Let's hope then that "likely" becomes "100% surely", would be absurd to miss out while feeding SE that sub money...Don't see any option to do anything about this uncertainty.

You'll get it on October 5th at earliest if you've been paying month by month. Earlier if you paid for three months at once by the end of August I believe.

* If you meet the requirements by the end of August, the mount will be sent to you on or after Tuesday, September 5 via the moogle delivery service.
    * If you meet the requirements by the end of September, the mount will be sent to you on or after Thursday, October 5 via the moogle delivery service.

Man, I'm getting so tired of having to MT every pug party I join. So many other tanks are just shitters and always want to OT.

So I ask for Voke Shirk setups, and I get a "I don't use shirk." I ask for them to pull, so I can do my opener (PLD has worst boss pull opener without NIN), and I get "you're MT you pull", like no shit I'm MT, but I want you to pull, I'll taunt after my opener. You lose very little DPS on pull, I lose a shit ton, and I can shirk -voke setup since you won't shirk >.<.

Then in a weekly O3S pug I get a SCH who says I moved boss to wrong side. No, I moved boss to the right side, why the OT thought he needs to move the white flame is beyond me. I'm literally making 7 other peoples jobs easier at my expense and they're giving me shit lol? Moving boss N and add S hasn't been the pug strat since week 2 lol. To add insult to injury, I even said in the very beginning to the OT, don't move white flame I will move boss to make it easier for you and apparently no one listened.

I'm still topping out at 3.3k DPS, which I'm not happy with, but the OT is only doing 2.1k... I'm a little bummed because I've just been raid logging weekly now. I don't even bother with tomes anymore despite needing about 400 more to finish off my gear (I have the item to make the accessory 340, but don't have the accessory). I accidentally bought the 340 helm (already had 330) with raid tokens when I meant to buy gloves, but there's no way to re turn in for the tokens after a buy mistake. I stopped doing my WT as well .

Just my weekly Wreck update/rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If they could repeat, we're actually up to 3,125 combinations from 5 keys (5 choices per entry). @_@

I think our MMO just got too complicated.
    Yeah that's why I just dropped it and was like I don't even want to open that can of worms.

The good thing about our MMO is it's not driven that way. The skill flow would be - create skill and then you assign whatever key press you want it on (or combo of keys). I.e. Let's say you created a circular slash move you intended to use as a reposition tool and an AOE moveset. You could assign it to button 4, or you could assign it to A/D + left or right click, etc. As a bonus, you can also name your skills individually. Faroth Cutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not fun for me. I do it b/c I need the rewards (eg: sending retainers to fetch crafting mats that would require hours of grind) but FUN? Eeh.. no.
    I had a time, as a kid, where I played O-game / Spacepioneers (both Browsergames) but these days I cannot have fun w/o actual engaging gameplay or good storytelling.

That's his normal tone. I don't think I have ever seen him reply politely.
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Let's hope then that "likely" becomes "100% surely", would be absurd to miss out while feeding SE that sub money...Don't see any option to do anything about this uncertainty.
    I'm in the same boat; been subbed for almost 2 years straight now, no Falcon mount as of yet. Pretty sure we'll all have it in a couple of weeks...if not, expect a shit storm on the OF.

I have my AIDS orb of awesome now, so I'll be using that for my mount needs for a while.

I honestly haven't played in a while. When I do it's strictly roulette on whatever class I'm leveling, which is White Mage currently and was Warrior previously (hooray all tanks done so I can finally get rid of the tank leveling gear sets and get some inventory space) and then Expert, usually with Dark Knight because I don't have a healer that level yet, DPS queues take too damn long and DRK is by far my favorite tank to play.

That said, as @Wrecktangle calls it, "menu content" is fine for retainers and stuff like that, but it's not compelling or fun really it's just something to do and really just kind of adds a "water cooler" type of area to the game where people congregate and gives them time to just BS for a minute or two before running off and doing what they really want to be doing or before they sign off. I give it a pass in FFXIV, and I did in WoW for Garrisons and Class Hall Missions because it made sense lore wise for the big bad hero to send followers off to do the easier more mundane tasks while they are personally off to save the world. What I did not agree with in WoW was how central they were to the story progression in Legion and how much you had to do it to make it worthwhile in WoD. Retainers and your squadron are fine because they're not as central to the game or your money making scheme as going out and doing it yourself is by far more lucrative, consistent and efficient.

Man, I'm getting so tired of having to MT every pug party I join. So many other tanks are just shitters and always want to OT.

So I ask for Voke Shirk setups, and I get a "I don't use shirk." I ask for them to pull, so I can do my opener (PLD has worst boss pull opener without NIN), and I get "you're MT you pull", like no shit I'm MT, but I want you to pull, I'll taunt after my opener. You lose very little DPS on pull, I lose a shit ton, and I can shirk -voke setup since you won't shirk >.<.

Then in a weekly O3S pug I get a SCH who says I moved boss to wrong side. No, I moved boss to the right side, why the OT thought he needs to move the white flame is beyond me. I'm literally making 7 other peoples jobs easier at my expense and they're giving me shit lol? Moving boss N and add S hasn't been the pug strat since week 2 lol. To add insult to injury, I even said in the very beginning to the OT, don't move white flame I will move boss to make it easier for you and apparently no one listened.

I'm still topping out at 3.3k DPS, which I'm not happy with, but the OT is only doing 2.1k... I'm a little bummed because I've just been raid logging weekly now. I don't even bother with tomes anymore despite needing about 400 more to finish off my gear (I have the item to make the accessory 340, but don't have the accessory). I accidentally bought the 340 helm (already had 330) with raid tokens when I meant to buy gloves, but there's no way to re turn in for the tokens after a buy mistake. I stopped doing my WT as well .

Just my weekly Wreck update/rant!
    I'm not even a tank main yet I understand the value of Shirk...to the point I'm too lazy to swap it out whenever I'm doing dungeon runs or whatever (because if I'm needing something like Convalescene or that poopy parry cd, there are bigger problems). I've used Omega normal to teach fellow FC members the value of Shirk by indicating that with that extra bit of threat transferred over, I'm able to spend all of maybe 10 seconds of an entire fight with Grit up (at the start), then it's on to pound town.

Then I look at my ACT and more often than not I've been the top dps. I like putting out the damage, no matter what role I'm playing, but c'mon...

The "buy back/refund" deal that WoW has with loot is something this game could sorely learn from. You're easily a honest misclick away from buying something you don't need whatsoever. At least in your case, you still picked up a fending piece and not, for example, a maiming helm instead of the fending helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm in the same boat; been subbed for almost 2 years straight now, no Falcon mount as of yet. Pretty sure we'll all have it in a couple of weeks...if not, expect a shit storm on the OF.

I have my AIDS orb of awesome now, so I'll be using that for my mount needs for a while.
    Well done, congrats and you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I honestly haven't played in a while. When I do it's strictly roulette on whatever class I'm leveling, which is White Mage currently and was Warrior previously (hooray all tanks done so I can finally get rid of the tank leveling gear sets and get some inventory space) and then Expert, usually with Dark Knight because I don't have a healer that level yet, DPS queues take too damn long and DRK is by far my favorite tank to play.

That said, as @Wrecktangle calls it, "menu content" is fine for retainers and stuff like that, but it's not compelling or fun really it's just something to do and really just kind of adds a "water cooler" type of area to the game where people congregate and gives them time to just BS for a minute or two before running off and doing what they really want to be doing or before they sign off. I give it a pass in FFXIV, and I did in WoW for Garrisons and Class Hall Missions because it made sense lore wise for the big bad hero to send followers off to do the easier more mundane tasks while they are personally off to save the world. What I did not agree with in WoW was how central they were to the story progression in Legion and how much you had to do it to make it worthwhile in WoD. Retainers and your squadron are fine because they're not as central to the game or your money making scheme as going out and doing it yourself is by far more lucrative, consistent and efficient.
    Right now, that's the saving grace about the squadrons; they can be more or less ignored completely, since they aren't needed in order to proceed through the MSQ, nor would I ever expect them to be in the future. They're just not very compelling/interesting, really. I've dabbled with them long enough to get a squad setup with bonuses to MGP, gathering and crafting scrips, and crafter materia, and I only send them out on any missions where I get those guaranteed bonuses due to chemistry/affinity or whatever it's called.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well done, congrats and you're welcome
    Told you I would ninja that name, and it's an apt one considering how painful getting the last two wins needed were. Took the better part of 3 hours...

Of course, I've done 2 FL since then and have yet to lose...go figure.

I haven't done normal mode in forever, but I despise co-tanking with most pugs. At least now with DRK, I can default to the MT position easily because I lose virtually nothing by starting as tank, and 1 Dark Arts Power Slash is enough for just about every piece of content that I might pug. The only problem is during swaps when no tank ever wants to use shirk.

My last memory of doing an 8 man pug of Deltascape was O4, and the DRK pulled (I was playing WAR) and stayed in grit. W/e, his loss I figured. I provoked early when he screwed up several mechanics in a row and wound up with a 3 stack of Vuln and a Thunder debuff. Except he stayed in Grit and kept using Power Slash. I let him keep it since he really wanted it, and he died shortly thereafter to the next Thunder III. As soon as he got back up, he provoked it off me and spammed Power Slash until he died again to Thunder III. We won the fight, but he was doing something like 1200 DPS.

I see this a lot in hunts and 24 man content or even in 8 if I'm not the one tanking, is a bunch of tanks who insist that they HAVE to hold aggro. They also never have the common decency to stand in the same spot, so the thing is doing double takes back and forth, which is never good for positionals or cleaves.

I think it's also no surprise that none of them excel at utilizing their cooldowns to reduce incoming burst damage.

My general rule of thumb when tanking is I don't fight for aggro with other tanks. If they want it, it's theirs. If I play along, all it means is you will have one more tank doing absolute trashcan tier damage and in the case of DRK, not having enough MP to use their primary damage reduction ability.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2017-09-25 at 04:42 PM.

Current goings-on:

- Leveling SCH (and SMN as a result) via pvp while getting anima light farm done; goal is to have both (the jobs leveled and the anima) by 4.1.
    - Ragnarok Zeta, on book 2 of 9...I did realize this time around that having the Zodiac Weapon quests in conjunction with the books lets you more or less complete both simultaneously. Plan on doing the light farm for that thing (or at least a significant portion of it) via Garuda EX tank farm group (70 clears for the old bear mount). Intend to have this done before 4.1 as well.
    - Leveling RDM via roulettes...and as of Saturday, started soloing PotD. Completed floor 120 as of last night. It's a slow process (last 2 sets have taken me right at 30 mins each), but there's a bit of fun to it akin to playing D3 or other games with a hardcore mode (where if you die, it's over). I'm not going to continue to try for 200, though, until they let you start at 101. Fuck having to slog through the boredom of 51-100 again.