Dear God you people are gullible.

They said he deleted his own thread after 10 min, it wasn't deleted for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Dear God you people are gullible.
    Discussion the possibility of it being real doesn't mean we think it's real.

I doubt any Blizzard employee would say Outlands.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Discussion the possibility of it being real doesn't mean we think it's real.
    But no one is discussing the possibility and weighing evidence. You're just reacting OH WOW.

I feel like sub races should be open from the start

If it's true, then perhaps they're removing them from the leveling flow and placing them behind Caverns of Time as like an archive or something?

I mean, I've done outland and northrend dozens of times, but they'd have to redo the entire leveling experience to take these places out (even if I am fatigued with them).

As for the classes sharing some new specs (?), does that mean that Casters share like a new dps spec tied in with the theme of the expac? Same with plate fighters, or other classes?
    ------

The only thing I can somewhat believe is Blizzard messing with the older zones again. As for the rest, I'm going to say no.
    Last edited by Handsome; 2017-09-25 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I doubt any Blizzard employee would say Outlands.
    The same company that has people call draenor Draynor and always mispronounces stuff? doesn't surprise me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Because when the first psuedo-realistic thing we've seen in weeks comes along we discuss it?
    It's not even psuedo-realistic.

"WHY CANT WE HAVE A NEW WIDE BEAUTIFUL MUGORE AND CROSSROADS instead of damaged shitholes."

Going to call fake on this just based on this alone. Since any dev would be able to remember that, just last expansion we had Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge and New Nagrand, three wide open zones that were far, far more beautiful than Mulgore or Crossroads of all places. Not to mention Valley of the Four Winds the expansion before, Uldum and Twilight Highlands the expansion before that, and that the vast majority of the Broken Isles are not damaged.

That they immediately jumped to "Muh Vanilla zones!" and "Legion is just damaged shitholes!" reeks of whining player, not angry dev.

Also, they're so mad that they are risking their job to complain on reddit by leaking an expansion, but they couldn't even provide a single specific example for zones, race options or these shared specs?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-09-25 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "WHY CANT WE HAVE A NEW WIDE BEAUTIFUL MUGORE AND CROSSROADS instead of damaged shitholes."

Going to call fake just based on this alone. Since any dev would be able to remember that, just last expansion we had Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge and New Nagrand, three wide open zones that were far, far more beautiful than Mulgore or Crossroads of all places. Not to mention Valley of the Four Winds the expansion before, Uldum and Twilight Highlands the expansion before that, and that the vast majority of the Broken Isles are not damaged.

That they immediately jumped to "Muh Vanilla zones!" and "Legion is just damaged shitholes!" reeks of whining player, not angry dev.

Also, they're so mad that they are risking their job to complain on reddit by leaking an expansion, but they couldn't even provide a single specific example for zones, race options or these shared specs?
    Ye that reddit post could 1 to 1 be posted in the old vanilla server discussion thread in the general forum, maybe there are still some salty nostalrius guys around.

10+ Year Old Account

Going to call fake on this just based on this alone. Since any dev would be able to remember that, just last expansion we had Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge and New Nagrand, three wide open zones that were far, far more beautiful than Mulgore or Crossroads of all places. Not to mention Valley of the Four Winds the expansion before, Uldum and Twilight Highlands the expansion before that, and that the vast majority of the Broken Isles are not damaged.

I thought of that to, sounded too much like someone wanting Vanilla again(It's over 10 years ago bros, let it go).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    But no one is discussing the possibility and weighing evidence. You're just reacting OH WOW.
    This thread is all about discussing stuff as if it was true. Whether or not we think it's real doesn't change anything. I'm not reaching, i'm just telling guys like you who think we are stupid to discuss something that is obviously false (in you opinion) that we can stiff discuss stuff as if it was real even if we think it's true or false.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It seems very likely that they're making the old world scalable with the next expansion so that kind of alleviates that issue.
    I've wanted them to scale the zones for a while now. That way, no matter where you are, the content is always viable to you as you level.

One of the biggest issues (to me) when leveling is that I level through the zones too fast. All the mobs & story quests turn green/grey, so I'm forced to quit the zone halfway and go someplace else. If they scale, then I wouldn't have to worry about over-leveling a zone; I could just go through the world at my own pace.

If they do plan to take away Northrend and Outland, then I guess you could go straight to Cata from Vanilla (which makes sense if they are all within the same land masses). Perhaps then they'd reorganize the levels between the zones to have Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor yield 85 levels on their own.

It's interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    I've wanted them to scale the zones for a while now. That way, no matter where you are, the content is always viable to you as you level.

One of the biggest issues (to me) when leveling is that I level through the zones too fast. All the mobs & story quests turn green/grey, so I'm forced to quit the zone halfway and go someplace else. If they scale, then I wouldn't have to worry about over-leveling a zone; I could just go through the world at my own pace.

If they do plan to take away Northrend and Outland, then I guess you could go straight to Cata from Vanilla (which makes sense if they are all within the same land masses). Perhaps then they'd reorganize the levels between the zones to have Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor yield 85 levels on their own.

It's interesting to think about.
    Still think world scaling causes more problems than it solves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Okay I take it you haven't listened to the audio three-parts made available recently by Blizzard, it explains everything. Turalyon IS (at least) a thousand years old, he lived that long because he was light-forged by Xe'ra like the draenei of the army of Light. He and Alleria haven't seen their son Arator in an eternity.

EDIT: Time is relative, so for people on Argus it seems to go normally, as well as for people on Azeroth. Yet, when comparing both, one runs faster, and this one is Argus. That's why for only a few Azerothian years, Turalyon and Alleria fought the Legion during centuries. But it didn't seem like "ten azerothian years to them" it really felt like centuries. It is also said in the audio that this explains why the Legion was capable of trying to invade Azeroth so quickly as well as other worlds. When the invaded worlds only had a few months to prepare, those few months were equivalent to centuries of war preparation for the Legion on Argus.

Again, everything is in the audio story which I strongly recommand!
    thought i would expand upon this.

time in the twisting nether which argus is in has the opposite effect on time that large gravitational masses have in our universe, take for example a black hole if you were to stand on the edge of a black hole and look out you would see time moving very quickly for every one not next to the black hole to you a few seconds would pass but would be decades for every one else. (in actuality time freezes at the last point before falling into a black hole)

i suppose if you wanted to push science on fantasy then i guess you could say that everything in the nether is of negative mass (thats a theoretical real thing) or zero mass and is completely ethereal in a way and what we see is just our minds making sense of chaos (like the warp in wh40k) but tbh i wouldn't go looking for a scientific explanation for why time moves faster in the nether just accept time CAN move at different speeds in out world and the WoW world has laws that dictate its passage of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity

Still think world scaling causes more problems than it solves.
    I'd rather have world scaling with a cap (example being Vanilla scales through 1-60, BC scales through 58-70, etc.)

I don't want to be lvl 110 and have to fight lvl 110 defias bandits in elwynn forest if that's what you're thinking :P

I wonder if they would revamp questing entirely and make every zone's story be told through world quests and helping people and whatnot, culminating in a final battle etc.

So right now you have... Zone: Quest --> Quest --> Quest --> next zone.

When it could be: Any zone of your choice (within the level range continent, example: EK being 1-30 Kalimdor being 30-60 vice versa for wherever you start. Outland being 60-70 northrend 70-80 cataclysm happens world is phased after hitting 80-90. 90-100 is mop (fuck off draenor) 100-110 is legion).

So it would go like... Zone: Find npc who wants your help WQ --> WQ --> WQ--> kind of like a scenario of questlines out in the world. Once you hit max level world quests open up again but on one continent for that day. So one day Northrend one day kalimdor etc.

here is an example.

You enter a zone for your level (you picked this zone out of most of kalimdor, some zones will be max level only)

Then accept the quest

then max level

I don't even like world quests... but the scaling of the world could be great with this.

They shouldn't be tied too rep IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    That doesn't seem real to me tbh. It's a pretty unique way of fucking with people though!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    My humble contribution to the project.

wheres the traditional ever-so-faint picture of ghostcrawler in this?

examples: http://i.imgur.com/8lSpffA.png - top right
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0_KOi_CQAAaeoJ.jpg - bottom right