Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    BLACK LIVES MATTER

crap the guy who did the killing was black. There goes the narrative again.

Its amazing how Chicago probably has shootings like this every weekend or every other weekend that are often worse than this, yet you throw a church into the mix and it makes these forums 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    BLACK LIVES MATTER

crap the guy who did the killing was black. There goes the narrative again.

Its amazing how Chicago probably has shootings like this every weekend or every other weekend that are often worse than this, yet you throw a church into the mix and it makes these forums 100% of the time.
    Yeah...who knew MMO Champion was so devout?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean your response is the go to response Christians use every time another Christian does something horrible. "He/she wwasn't a real Christian"
    I mean maybe he heard her use the lord's name in vain and just did what the bible says to do? Or maybe she disobeyed her parents right? I mean maybe to this guy, you aren't a real Christian as you aren't carrying out the bibles directions ever think about that?
    Religion is a very personal thing and really, one should not care what others think, but what they themselves know what is right. And strive to live by it. Or they are hypocrites. But any actions they take, there are penalties involved if it breaks the law. This guy will see the result of his actions. He will tried by his actions, not what his religion is. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shalidor View Post
    Well, shit, maybe I should go tell my local guns and ammo store that because they use their computer for NICS checks all the fucking time. Apparently they're breaking the law.
    It's a separate system, the ATF is not allowed to do certain things by congressional law that was my point.

Ah, now that the "30,000 firearm-related deaths per year" stat has become inconvenient, we're throwing that out? My source is the BJS.
    The most accurate information on gun violence we have is collected using headlines, most statistics are estimates.

Oh so you want inspections. How many per year, and at what intervals?
    Enough to keep up with the amount gun dealerships, at this point once a year would be enough.

What are "the basics?"
    Proper research, studies on gun deaths and violence, ATF no longer being hamstrung by congress, addressing how to deal with keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally unstable. As for you link, how about I link some breitbart or alex jones article and say that's the position for the entire right on guns.

America isn't even the worst country for mass shootings. Norway, since 2011, has lost more total people to mass shootings than America has.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nt-happen-oth/
    They haven't though. They've lost more per capita, which isn't more total people. It was also due to one person at a summer camp on an island that ruined escape routes and hampered police response. In US summer camps, rifles would be stored and locked away with no other weapons on site. We're lucky our dipshits don't plan better is all, which might have something to do with the next point.

Just using your link for my data, the US, a country of 330mil, had more killings than the entire EU, an organisation consisting of 550mil. The 3 nations with higher per capita rates all have one thing in common: a draft with conscripts being allowed to keep weapons at home. In other words, easy access to weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They haven't though. They've lost more per capita, which isn't more total people. It was also due to one person at a summer camp on an island that ruined escape routes and hampered police response. In US summer camps, rifles would be stored and locked away with no other weapons on site. We're lucky our dipshits don't plan better is all, which might have something to do with the next point.

Just using your link for my data, the US, a country of 330mil, had more killings than the entire EU, an organisation consisting of 550mil. The 3 nations with higher per capita rates all have one thing in common: a draft with conscripts being allowed to keep weapons at home. In other words, easy access to weapons.
    Yep. I keep mine in easy access all the time. Thankful I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's a separate system, the ATF is not allowed to do certain things by congressional law that was my point.
    Maybe, depending on exactly what those things are, that's not something we should be looking to change.

The most accurate information on gun violence we have is collected using headlines, most statistics are estimates.
    https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4616

The BJS isn't perfect down to the point, but their statistics are likely to be extremely accurate. Here's more info.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...rate-edges-up/

Headlines, police reports, and other data collection systems. The BJS stats are reached using internal law enforcement metrics.

I keep using "approximately 30,000" because there are variances in the numbers and that is a nice, easy round number that is a middle-ground between the highest and lowest estimations, and is actually pretty damned close to what the BJS says.

Enough to keep up with the amount gun dealerships, at this point once a year would be enough.
    That's entirely fair.

Proper research, studies on gun deaths and violence, ATF no longer being hamstrung by congress, addressing how to deal with keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally unstable.
    What does "proper research" look like? The stats we get from the BJS are pretty damned good. You're being kind of vague about the ATF, barring what you've said about funding, so I can't really speak to that issue. Regarding people being mentally unstable...that's a very slippery slope. We decide whether or not something is mental illness depending on whether or not there's something observable in the brain, or if the "disorder" becomes severe enough that it disrupts someone's daily function. What I'd argue we need, in this case, as I have argued elsewhere, is proper mental health facilities and personnel. If someone is observably, certifiably suffering from a diagnosable illness in the brain, and there is documented proof of that diagnosis, then yes, a person like that probably shouldn't be trusted with weapons. Otherwise...things turn complicated.

As for you link, how about I link some breitbart or alex jones article and say that's the position for the entire right on guns.
    You basically already did that, sans the link, when you said the right doesn't seem to give a shit about dead kids. Unfortunately I don't go around recording the conversations I have with people, but there is a large contingent of leftists out there that believe the second amendment (and the first amendment, for that matter) needs to be done away with, or at the very least reinterpreted away from what it is now. Did you read the dissenting opinion of the Supreme Court? It's the same argument that the author of the Salon article makes. If lefties aren't for that, they sure as shit aren't making much of a fuss over that dissenting opinion. On the other hand...

https://www.americamagazine.org/issu...cond-amendment

https://www.facebook.com/Repeal-the-...1249309570118/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-arms-20160613

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...003-story.html

https://www.dailykos.com/blog/Repeal...mendment%20RSA

I could go on and on and on, hundreds of major publications all on the left, all part of major media organizations that either are ran by or support the DNC. These places survive on clicks, views, and ratings. These opinion pieces are resonating with people otherwise they would be abandoned as business models.

Look...it's not like I don't recognize that there are some problems regarding the Republican party's approach to guns. But ffs, you can't just go around and say that the left totally doesn't say things that it actually says, and totally doesn't do stuff that it actually does. This is starting to become a familiar refrain for me. That's not how you're going to accomplish anything.

You know what? Fuck it. It's easier to just be a one-side-supporting loony and not actually look at the issues. I thought I had something to offer some people here, apparently I don't. This will be the last thing I post on this website. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall in cyberspace.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    As you said, stupid gun crap. In fact, it's pretty much the pinnacle of stupidity. Or ignorance. The parents of these children learned the hard way, that you do not get to be ignorant about weapons if you're going to go around and fuck with them. When people don't understand how guns work, or they lack some critical details or information, they're going to make very poor decisions with disastrous, unforeseen consequences. I'm obviously not just talking about these two cases anymore. I'm talking about the issue of firearm ownership and regulation in general.
    And this right here is the main reason why many people, both in the US, and abroad, are in favor of stricter laws and control when it comes to guns. Not to prevent people from owning guns, but to prevent stupid people from owning guns, as well as limit exposure to guns for those whom are not mature enough, such as children.

The counter arguement is of course always the same: "You are punishing those who are sane, by taking away their freedom, due to a few idiots!"

Well, yes, I am. It is why we have speed-limits and traffic laws. Some people do not know how to drive responsibly, and since so many drive, it is easier, and more feasible, to do collective punishment, rather than attempt to single out individuals. The same should apply to guns.

Hope he is brought up on hate crime charges. For either race [even if some victims were black idk idc] or their religion. He needs a hate crime charge
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    And this right here is the main reason why many people, both in the US, and abroad, are in favor of stricter laws and control when it comes to guns. Not to prevent people from owning guns, but to prevent stupid people from owning guns, as well as limit exposure to guns for those whom are not mature enough, such as children.

The counter arguement is of course always the same: "You are punishing those who are sane, by taking away their freedom, due to a few idiots!"

Well, yes, I am. It is why we have speed-limits and traffic laws. Some people do not know how to drive responsibly, and since so many drive, it is easier, and more feasible, to do collective punishment, rather than attempt to single out individuals. The same should apply to guns.
    If only there was a way to ban stupid people and assholes from owning guns.

Trouble is, people might object once they realise what the lead indicators for being stupid and/or an asshole are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    because the media in australia keeps saying Australians are racist because the actions of white people anywhere at any time
    It doesn't but I can see how it might appear that way to a racist kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    As someone who has dealt with white kids doing stupid shit in school, bringing a gun was among the many stupid things they do.

And I wish this was some isolated incident, but the backwoods hill fuckers seem to really, really enjoy letting their adolescents carry firearms.
    This is just straight up supporting racist stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account

Perpetrator had some black supremacist pages liked on FB (Emanuel K. Samson.) No concrete motivations yet but that could be some good tells.

Shitty story for the media. It will stop at a text article and be swept under the rug. Let the agenda roll on.

Great job on that usher. This could have been much worse.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-09-25 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the hate crime crowd because shooter was black and congregation at this church is mostly white.

Yup, just waiting right here for all the people talking about how racist all black people are and that this person is 100% functional normal human being who is just pure racism incarnate.
    The congregation actually appears to be quite diverse.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Damn that usher went up against an armed man with just his bare hands, he's very brave and he saved a lot of people.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Far harder to kill a stack of people with a knife. If guns didn't provide an advantage, no-one would be buying them
    Mass murders are statistically insignificant when comparied to the one offs in every country. Also, strict gun control doesn't prevent determined crazies from either getting guns, or using something else entirely to kill a whole bunch of people. France, the UK, and Norway all have restrictive gun laws compared to tue US. All have all suffered from mass murders, often with firearms. Your position does not hold water as a deterrent to either petty crime or terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    By claiming that people of color are oppressed.. only takes one mentally unstable individual to start shooting the evil white people
    Yeah they all look so oppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Mass murders are statistically insignificant when comparied to the one offs in every country.
    How about a reality check:
    Murder rates ...
    United States 4.88/100k per year (77th highest)
    Australia 0.98/100k per year (179th highest)

Guns culture is the issue.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

Perpetrator had some black supremacist pages liked on FB (Emanuel K. Samson.) No concrete motivations yet but that could be some good tells.

Shitty story for the media. It will stop at a text article and be swept under the rug. Let the agenda roll on.

Great job on that usher. This could have been much worse.
    Which one of those was a black supremacist page?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Considering that was never an actual narrative, no, he doesn't.
    Especially considering no one knows if he went in there like Dylan Roof did and start shooting white people like Roof did with black people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    like this skip the first 3 min if you don't like his commentary
    Talk about fucking hyperbole. If this dumbass in that video is trying to say that The Young Turks are responsible for the shootings, then Fox News should be removed from the fucking air for O'Reilly getting George Tillerson assassinated and probably a few others.