10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I feel like sub races should be open from the start
    I do think some should be open right away, but I'd enjoy it if they left some through unlocks in the game. Maybe some quest lines that do not involve raiding / PvPing

That reddit post is just weirdly specific enough to make me think it might be real. (Sub)Races unlocked through factions is totally something that blizzard would come up with, and classes sharing new specs like void/light themed ones sounds plausible. Outland/Northrend gone could be hyperbole on the persons part and refer to them being revamped or made optional in leveling. Idk, I'm 50/50 with it.

That reddit leak you guys talking about? I don't think any blizzard employee qualified enough to know of future content would have been able to go through little enough education to write in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I do think some should be open right away, but I'd enjoy it if they left some through unlocks in the game. Maybe some quest lines that do not involve raiding / PvPing
    I actually feel sort of the opposite. It'd be neat to see them all locked behind some sort of accomplishment barrier that somewhat aligns with their racial identity and acts kind of like the artifact appearances. Sort of like how, in the past before account-shared mounts, seeing a dwarf/gnome/human on a nightsaber or a Night Elf on a horse, etc, meant was something that required some effort with the mount's associated race.

This would also allow a fair amount of gameplay variety. e.g.:

A race like Vrykul (horde) or High Elves (alliance) might be tied to pvp. Not necessarily hard PvP, but just putting in the time do it for a while. While a race like Ethereal might involve more consistent rep-like daily content and high gold or resource investment. Races like Naga or Arakkoa would involve longer quest chains like Suramar's, though not necessarily with the same rep/time gating.

So that unlocking these races would be a reflection of appropriate gameplay. Seeing an Ethereal means you know that player has sunk some gold, resources and time into getting that race, and seeing a High elf means that player has put time into fighting the Horde. Seeing a birb means that person did all that stuff for birbs, and so on.

Personally, I disliked the implementation of Demon Hunters and preferred the DK/Monk version. Where playing one, particularly at launch, meant putting in a bit more effort because you had to catch up to where everyone else was starting from. Rather than just hitting the make character button and doing the intro zone. I think that also makes the races more rewarding to play, unlocking them would feel like a very nice, solid reward for doing stuff in game.

I believe, whole heartedly, that its going to be a Cataclysm 2.0 and that the scaling tech will be expanded to PvP in at least the open world. I believe this whole heartedly from nothing more than a gut feeling. The moment I saw how well Zone scaling was done in Legion I knew, again in my gut, that this was the future of WoW and just like with Phasing it will be used and expanded upon moving forward.

Again, don't really have much of anything to base it on other than wishful thinking and gut feelings but I am pretty sure that whatever comes after Legion will be Cata 2.0 and that level scaling will also be applied to WPvP.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think world scaling or whatever is as perfect as people like to think. I mean it has a benefits but i'm not too confident overall it's needed, at least not scaling everywhere to your level.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    That reddit leak you guys talking about? I don't think any blizzard employee qualified enough to know of future content would have been able to go through little enough education to write in such a manner.
    Blizzcon is in a little over a month, surely almost all of Blizzard's employees know what the expansion is at this point, along with a lot of people outside of the company who print their promotional materials, translate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Blizzcon is in a little over a month, surely almost all of Blizzard's employees know what the expansion is at this point, along with a lot of people outside of the company who print their promotional materials, translate, etc.
    Not necessarily. Blizzard is a very large company and even within it, things are kept pretty tight. It's not like someone from the Warcraft team walks over to the building where the Starcraft Team is and shouts that they need some posters printed for the new expansion "X of the Y".

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Ye that reddit post could 1 to 1 be posted in the old vanilla server discussion thread in the general forum, maybe there are still some salty nostalrius guys around.
    The guy who reposted the deleted thread on reddit also posts on r/wowservers lol. Come on people use your fucking head.

I think that reddit post is the fakest most fake thing there's ever faked.

As far as Cataclysm 2.0 goes, I feel that it's a possibility, but I could see it as the actual endgame. In campaigns like we got with Suramar and Suramar 7.1.

I don't think it would be as extensive as Cataclysm was though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "WHY CANT WE HAVE A NEW WIDE BEAUTIFUL MUGORE AND CROSSROADS instead of damaged shitholes."

Going to call fake on this just based on this alone. Since any dev would be able to remember that, just last expansion we had Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge and New Nagrand, three wide open zones that were far, far more beautiful than Mulgore or Crossroads of all places. Not to mention Valley of the Four Winds the expansion before, Uldum and Twilight Highlands the expansion before that, and that the vast majority of the Broken Isles are not damaged.

That they immediately jumped to "Muh Vanilla zones!" and "Legion is just damaged shitholes!" reeks of whining player, not angry dev.

Also, they're so mad that they are risking their job to complain on reddit by leaking an expansion, but they couldn't even provide a single specific example for zones, race options or these shared specs?
    Not to mention anyone who has been with Blizzard for 12 years wouldn't post something like this. Even if they were salty the very act of doing so would risk not only their current job but long term reputation. While not impossible the possibility of it actually happening seems very unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    wheres the traditional ever-so-faint picture of ghostcrawler in this?

examples: http://i.imgur.com/8lSpffA.png - top right
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0_KOi_CQAAaeoJ.jpg - bottom right
    He's in there. Just too faint to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I actually feel sort of the opposite. It'd be neat to see them all locked behind some sort of accomplishment barrier that somewhat aligns with their racial identity and acts kind of like the artifact appearances. Sort of like how, in the past before account-shared mounts, seeing a dwarf/gnome/human on a nightsaber or a Night Elf on a horse, etc, meant was something that required some effort with the mount's associated race.

A race like Vrykul (Alliance*) or High Elves (alliance) might be tied to pvp. Not necessarily hard PvP, but just putting in the time do it for a while. While a race like Ethereal might involve more consistent rep-like daily content and high gold or resource investment. Races like Naga or Arakkoa would involve longer quest chains like Suramar's, though not necessarily with the same rep/time gating.
    Fixed that for you!

And tbh, racial skins is one of those things that are incredibly important, hence why I don't think it should be locked behind mythic raid / dungeons or rated pvp.
    An actual customization option is way more valuable than a weapon skin.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. They gave up on a 3rd spec for Demon Hunter. Heavily speculated it would have used Scythes.

Although the laziness of multiple specs using the same 4th spec sounds plausible because Blizz....

Priest(Shadow) + Hunter using 4th spec Shadow Hunter? Dunno... Sounds retarded TBH.
    one extra spec for each class just sounds forced imo

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Fixed that for you!

And tbh, racial skins is one of those things that are incredibly important, hence why I don't think it should be locked behind mythic raid / dungeons or rated pvp.
    An actual customization option is way more valuable than a weapon skin.
    I wasn't talking about racial skins or subraces, just actual races. Hence why Vrykul was listed as Horde. And yes, it is a great deal more valuable, which is why I think it should involve actually playing the game and seeking it out, rather than logging in and pressing one button. But like I said, it doesn't need to be behind rated PvP. Something like the current honor talents is fine, you don't need to be good or maintain a rating to unlock those and prestige, you just need to actually pvp.

I don't think any of them would need to be tied to rated pvp or upper level PvE content, but they should require some time and effort investment.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah my thoughts exactly. They gave up on a 3rd spec for Demon Hunter. Heavily speculated it would have used Scythes.

Although the laziness of multiple classes using the same 4th spec sounds plausible because Blizz....

Priest(Shadow) + Hunter using 4th spec Shadow Hunter? Dunno... Sounds retarded TBH.
    It sounds wildly impractical.

Does the priest then have to collect an entire, complete set of mail armor and a decent bow to play the spec while hunters just respec and are already equipped? Do some of them run around in robes and others mail? Does the spec completely eliminate pets for hunters? How does it balance all of the other abilities that classes get not tied to a spec? Do some Shadow Hunters have levitate, res, healing, mass dispel, mind control, shackle undead and dispel magic--and other Shadow Hunters have Aspects, flare, and feign death?

Deleted
    As far as I'm concerned, the 2015 leak for Legion is still the best leak we've got for 8.0. "Yeah CoG is an expansion name" just appears in the middle of it, and from what I can tell we still haven't seen anything related to CoG apart from the supposedly fake Council of Glades trademark.

Guys why am i so handsome?

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the 2015 leak for Legion is still the best leak we've got for 8.0. "Yeah CoG is an expansion name" just appears in the middle of it, and from what I can tell we still haven't seen anything related to CoG apart from the supposedly fake Council of Glades trademark.
    You keep mentioning that line in isolation, rather than with the line that immediately follows it.

Day 17
    Yeah CoG is an expansion name.

Day 18
    Remember what happened when corgi was unleashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    wheres the traditional ever-so-faint picture of ghostcrawler in this?

examples: http://i.imgur.com/8lSpffA.png - top right
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0_KOi_CQAAaeoJ.jpg - bottom right
    I'll add him, dont worry!

edit: ka-ching!
    Last edited by Pantupino; 2017-09-25 at 05:13 AM.
    [/URL]