Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    read the script for the audio book (or if you're a fatty, just listen to it)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe they protect them better than the Horde and Alliance?

I mean, the Horde and Alliance DID appoint MILLIONS of commanders in Warlords of Draenor. So, maybe they are treated differently?
    They didn't appoint that many though. They only appointed 1 person to be commander (and that's not 1 each side, that's just 1 period). Ingame all the people playing are considered 1 unified person according to how the game references us.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    My guess is that he's some experienced nathrezim commander who was "kindly asked" by Xe'ra to join her Army of Light.
    That would explain why every time I run past him in my class hall he mumbles about scars or something.

He just likes to stand at the top of the balcony having a little dance.

He told me his ambition is to be a pole dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Can't really have him do anything when he's a Paladin Follower, wouldn't make much sense.

Surprised he's even on the Vindicaar tbh.
    High Priestess Ishanah is suppost to be on missions for my priest, but she just stands around the vindicar, lazy cow.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2017-09-25 at 04:46 AM.

He'll definitely be in the expansion when we fight the Void, that's his forté.

He's a light-forged dreadlord ffs, how cool is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They didn't appoint that many though. They only appointed 1 person to be commander (and that's not 1 each side, that's just 1 period). Ingame all the people playing are considered 1 unified person according to how the game references us.

That would explain why every time I run past him in my class hall he mumbles about scars or something.
    It's weird. When we go into a raid the NPCs like Khadgar generally acknowledge that we're a group of people taking on the raid not just one person.

An example of this was during the suramar storyline. During the last part before NH he told us to gather our best allies to siege Nighthold. And during the raid he refers to us as "champions" instead of "champion". Same thing with ToS, during the KJ fight Velen refers to us as "heroes" instead of "hero".

So I'm not really sure where we stand lorewise. NPCs refer to us as a group/raid whenever doing something like taking on KJ or Gul'Dan but then on the other hand there's only 1 leader of each order hall. So I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It's weird. When we go into a raid the NPCs like Khadgar generally acknowledge that we're a group of people taking on the raid not just one person.

An example of this was during the suramar storyline. During the last part before NH he told us to gather our best allies to siege Nighthold. And during the raid he refers to us as "champions" instead of "champion". Same thing with ToS, during the KJ fight Velen refers to us as "heroes" instead of "hero".

So I'm not really sure where we stand lorewise. NPCs refer to us as a group/raid whenever doing something like taking on KJ or Gul'Dan but then on the other hand there's only 1 leader of each order hall. So I dunno.
    Fairly sure that in Legion there's 12 heroes (one for each class), and that those are the ones doing all the work in raids. In WoD though, you were the only commander on Draenor for your faction

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post

Based on the way they talk I always assumed it was something like this "Our NPC is the only one in the game. When they refer to us as "champions", etc that they are referring to primarily us and the troops that we commanded in the battlefield. For instance ourselves and our random minion npc's in our class hall, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Making up your own nicknames for characters, or real people even, is beyond juvenile.
    The fuck you on about? How about being constructive instead of trying to act up at nothing. It is an NPC, data, digital construct - it isn't even the damn topic, and your only comment on the topic is, "Making up your own nicknames for characters, or real people even, is beyond juvenile".

At least come with something constructive that actually has a point to the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, dear. That is why I was against the general idea of us taking on a higher rank. I believe the game would operate better by keeping us (the players) as the random heroes/champions they need at the right time. You already have many NPC's talking to us as a whole body of people, and not just the single person striking in but then the confusion comes when you have NPC's addressing the player directly, making it sound like it is only that one person.

We're in a limbo where a game is basically balancing between MMORPG and RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    High Priestess Ishanah is suppost to be on missions for my priest, but she just stands around the vindicar, lazy cow.
    That is actually a good point.

Our followers disappear for us each individually in the Class Hall when we send them on missions, feels weird seeing some of them on the ship while you're like.. "Didn't I tell you to go get that armor token?!"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Why every character must be deep and worth a novel alone? He is a bad guy turned to light. Simple as that. I mean, there are a lot of characters in WoW that needs some love, but i don't really feel this urge with Lothraxion.

Based on the way they talk I always assumed it was something like this "Our NPC is the only one in the game. When they refer to us as "champions", etc that they are referring to primarily us and the troops that we commanded in the battlefield. For instance ourselves and our random minion npc's in our class hall, etc.
    That'd make sense if we had NPC troops in the raid aside from the main NPCs. Saying "champions" when there's no other troops around aside from us and other players makes me think that's how we're suppose to be acknowledged in a raid. Too many conflicting things to be sure about that but that's what it seemed like when Khadgar said to go get your best allies so we can kill Gul'dan. Not really sure though.

Another thing is when they say "heroes" when we're in a raid. I doubt they'd be referring to our troops, feels like an acknowledgement of the entire raid group being the "heroes". Then again I really can't tell.

@Mehman That would make sense. For some reason though when khadgar/Velen refer to us as "champions/heroes" in a raid group it feels like ToC where Tirion would refer to the raid as champions/heroes in acknowledgement that it was a raid group/group of heroes formed together. Idk though, just felt kinda similar.

That's probably not how it is though since blizzard said lorewise there's only 1 class hall leader per class. Hopefully the main NPCs take a bigger role and we can just follow them along as a group of heroes rather than a single hero next expac or something. They steal all the kills anyway.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-09-25 at 08:21 AM.

I think he is a dreadlord in disguise!

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think he is a dreadlord in disguise!
    Your avatar is my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    My theory is that whatever Xe'ra was going to do to Illidan in that 1 cutscene, was done to Lothraxion. Illidan was just too smart for Xe'ra and got dunked.
    There was never any doubt that's exactly what she was trying to do. Makes you think how many of the Lightforged Draenei were originally Legion-aligned Eredar.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm sure off screen Lothraxion is doing a lot. Just b/c it isn't portrayed in the game (granted, a shame) doesn't mean the character is useless.
    Uhm so he is basically useless? I mean we don't see him doing anything, we don't hear him doing anything and we don't do anything with him. The character IS useless as of now he played his role in the class campaign and now he's a mute.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The fuck you on about? How about being constructive instead of trying to act up at nothing. It is an NPC, data, digital construct - it isn't even the damn topic, and your only comment on the topic is, "Making up your own nicknames for characters, or real people even, is beyond juvenile".

At least come with something constructive that actually has a point to the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, dear. That is why I was against the general idea of us taking on a higher rank. I believe the game would operate better by keeping us (the players) as the random heroes/champions they need at the right time. You already have many NPC's talking to us as a whole body of people, and not just the single person striking in but then the confusion comes when you have NPC's addressing the player directly, making it sound like it is only that one person.

We're in a limbo where a game is basically balancing between MMORPG and RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

That is actually a good point.

Our followers disappear for us each individually in the Class Hall when we send them on missions, feels weird seeing some of them on the ship while you're like.. "Didn't I tell you to go get that armor token?!"
    Oh, you're British. That explains it. Carry on being bass ackwards with everything in language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is one of the weaknesses of the class follower stuff. For those of us who aren't paladins, we have no way of knowing this.
    It's a rather bizarre thing because to fully understand the lore of Legion you need to lvl all 12 classes yet Blizzard made it deliberately tedious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    There was never any doubt that's exactly what she was trying to do. Makes you think how many of the Lightforged Draenei were originally Legion-aligned Eredar.
    The thing is, with the new audio story and what we've learnt, it opens up brand new doors about the good and evil. I mean, Xe'ra seeming rather pleased to fulfill her (?) own prophecies but doesn't think they could be wrong. Theory comes for me that Lothraxion was just at that time, the toy of choice. Then came Turalyon, a being already believing heavily in the light, and then suddenly, Illidan was on the table. I always thought it would've been Arator myself. (had to write the full name of Lothraxion as a certain user seem to despise nicknames, gonna suck in relationships).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm so he is basically useless? I mean we don't see him doing anything, we don't hear him doing anything and we don't do anything with him. The character IS useless as of now he played his role in the class campaign and now he's a mute.
    He seemed to always just have been the high ranking recruitment emissary of the Light. No more to pick up, so he's just standing there. He could be a brilliant sales person. "Shit, these guys converted a demon to the light?! They know what to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a rather bizarre thing because to fully understand the lore of Legion you need to lvl all 12 classes yet Blizzard made it deliberately tedious
    I do have to agree but I am not minding their system either. Want the full picture, take the journey. Just wish there would be some Lorewalker story telling hour one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Oh, you're British. That explains it. Carry on being bass ackwards with everything in language.
    The fuck you even thinking about now? No, I am not british.

And no, seems you aren't here for an actual discussion about the current topic. Ah, fuck it, you're only here to bait. Farewell to you, nuisance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    My guess is that he's some experienced nathrezim commander who was "kindly asked" by Xe'ra to join her Army of Light.
    The way he puts it, he wanted out of the legion and they took him in.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The way he puts it, he wanted out of the legion and they took him in.
    TBF, we don't know if conversion alters memories regarding one's willingness to join the course of Light