Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    10 out of 10, blizzard have really done it! every dream and idea I had in vanilla is getting updates or gets more deep into the lore, Blizzard we are really happy for what you have done and how you show Muscle to people that cry for everything.

I GIVE YOU A 100 OUT OF 10, every good Class content (love it, just as in Vanilla) focus on the small and specific things, its never good to water things down, keep up with everything you do in legion and World of Warcraft will have 12 or even 15 million subcribers.

BLIZZARD, thanks for World of Warcraft and how amazing you make it become each Expansion (Legion has even outdone Wrath of the Lich King) great Story and Constant Content

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Was that back in Wrath when the only world content added the entire expansion was 10 tournament daily quests?

Or when they reskinned a Vanilla raid and called it a raid tier?

Or maybe the 2.2 voice chat patch? That was pretty stellar...
    Onyxia wasn't a tier. It was just something done for WoW's anniversary. It had no Tier gear other than helms that looked like Tier 2.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Onyxia%27s_Lair_loot

Came in 3.2.2 which was just after TotC.

Agree with you on the other 2 points though. They have done subpar patches way before 6.1. Just people think it's ok because it was apparently a different time then.

No it wasn't. You make a shit patch then you make a shit patch. 2.2 is a prime example. You don't suddenly get excused from making a shit patch back then because "things were different".

A shit patch/game is still a shit patch/game. What should I have excused FF11 for all the "please look forward to it" bs that ended up with really bad patches? Should I excuse games like Superman 64 or Daikatana?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Onyxia wasn't a tier. It was just something done for WoW's anniversary. It had no Tier gear other than helms that looked like Tier 2.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Onyxia%27s_Lair_loot

Came in 3.2.2 which was just after TotC.

Agree with you on the other 2 points though. They have done subpar patches way before 6.1. Just people think it's ok because it was apparently a different time then.

No it wasn't. You make a shit patch then you make a shit patch. 2.2 is a prime example. You don't suddenly get excused from making a shit patch back then because "things were different".

A shit patch/game is still a shit patch/game. What should I have excused FF11 for all the "please look forward to it" bs that ended up with really bad patches? Should I excuse games like Superman 64 or Daikatana?
    I was referring to Naxx as the opening raid tier in my post. Yeah, I don't count Onyxia that was an anniversary bonus boss which was kind of cool.

Of course some people will say it was ok because not many people raided Naxx when it was current.

But to them I saw since Legion is leading towards an Old Gods expansion next if the first raid tier was a full reskin of AQ40 would that be acceptable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I was referring to Naxx as the opening raid tier in my post. Yeah, I don't count Onyxia that was an anniversary bonus boss which was kind of cool.

Of course some people will say it was ok because not many people raided Naxx when it was current.

But to them I saw since Legion is leading towards an Old Gods expansion next if the first raid tier was a full reskin of AQ40 would that be acceptable to you?
    If it was AQ just reskinned I'd be pretty pissed despite not raiding it when it was current. I want original content. Not reskins. Timewalking is fine because it's just side content. Timewalking raids are brilliant because while it's active it's a nice catchup for alts and I hope that gets expanded upon.

I must break the wheel.

Back then - 4/10

Now - 8/10

If not for the RNG factor, it would've been 9. Suramar and Highmountain (and now Antoran Wastes) blow really hard, so one point off.

I think Legion is pretty great. The Broken Shore was pretty terrible, but I loved Suramar and I really like Argus. I think Legion is the best expansion in terms of how much stuff there is to do. Whether or not the content is any good, that's a matter of opinion.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla and BC were more experimental. I enjoyed that.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Vanilla and BC were more experimental. I enjoyed that.
    How?

Here's your next raid, Here's your new BG. What content did they experiment with? I'm genuinely looking through the patch notes and maybe the only other thing I see is World PvP and World events one of which is still popular today. BC literally added 1 dungeon, daily hubs, arena and a raid every patch except 2.1 which if I recall was both BT and Hyjal opening. However BC did make the game a lot more accessible and started to move away from "bring the class not the player".

Right now we have Pet Battles, Timewalking, Weekly events, Micro holidays, Invasions, Raids, Mythic +, New Dungeons each patch, New zones, catchup mechanisms and god knows what else.

The game experiments way more today than it ever has done.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 07:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How?

Here's your next raid, Here's your new BG. What content did they experiment with?

Right now we have Pet Battles, Timewalking, Weekly events, Micro holidays, Invasions, Raids, Mythic +, New Dungeons each patch, New zones, catchup mechanisms and god knows what else.
    Hard to explain clearly. Like, at some point they decided never to make dungeons like BRD again for example and began polishing content to always be in line with what they thought was a successful model. This became clearest in WLK. Not so say the game wasn't creative anymore by then but they started following a certain structure, over and over like a blueprint for easy success.

WoW is a victim of its success imo. Once the money started pouring in corporate culture set in and it showed.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2017-09-25 at 07:33 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Hard to explain clearly. Like, at some point they decided never to make dungeons like BRD again for example and began polishing content to always be in line with what they thought was a successful model. This became clearest in WLK. Not so say the game wasn't creative anymore by then but they started following a certain structure, over and over.
    But back in BC they literally reskinned Dungeons. Where is the variety or experimenting in that?

As for BRD it was horrid. That kind of dungeon died out as it should have done.

In terms of content there has never been so much experimenting. Back then it was literally as I said. Dungeon, Raid, odd world event which carried over and World PvP.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 07:34 AM.

I think you should take off those rose tinted goggles once in a while, OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya see, that's exactly my point. The majority said this and that was horrid and so over time they never went back. Always catering to what the majority enjoys for maximum return but that usually turns things soulless over time. WoW is like a McDonald's now.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Ya see, that's exactly my point. The majority said this and that was horrid and so they never went back. Catering to what the majority enjoys but that usually turns things soulless over time. WoW is like a McDonald's now.
    And WoW must have been a KFC back then because the variety was even more limited.

BRD style dungeons are a thing of the past. I mean cool concept but just wouldn't work so well today. Only good idea would be for them to make Vanilla TW dungeons and put BRD in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    And WoW must have been a KFC back then because the variety was even more limited.

BRD style dungeons are a thing of the past. I mean cool concept but just wouldn't work so well today. Only good idea would be for them to make Vanilla TW dungeons and put BRD in there.
    Not exactly. The point isn't to say the game was more polished back then. It obviously wasn't, back then they just didn't have a set pattern. Then people like you showed up and said this and that is shit and we never want to see it again. And this and this and that. So no now it follows the same structure always, over and over and they only change the color of the drapes. It's boring, to me anyway and probably a few other people too, given how the sub numbers are going.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Vanilla was Shit TBC was shit Wrath was alright cata was shit MoP was pretty good despise what people say its a reason its voted one of the best Expansions for Raiding. PvP in mop was also pretty good. WoD was terrible start of Legion was good but turned worse and worse. anyone saying Vanilla was the best is a fool and doesnt remember how it was casting 1 spell every 6-7 seconds so you dont take aggro didnt require half a brain a 10 year old could probably raid back then even. The difficulty is just getting higher and higher and anyone who denies it should just take a look at wipe counters throughout the years the reason ppl think older content was better is because they were new to the game and nothing is like a new experience in a game. thats gonna be what you remember and think back and want it like that But its more thats how you want to FEEL about the game

Hard to explain clearly. Like, at some point they decided never to make dungeons like BRD again for example and began polishing content to always be in line with what they thought was a successful model. This became clearest in WLK. Not so say the game wasn't creative anymore by then but they started following a certain structure, over and over like a blueprint for easy success.
    That point was exactly The Burning Crusade. It was the TBC expansion that started with the "corridor-style" dungeons with a convenient exit at the end. Wrath was simply a continuation of those same dungeons with the added perk of being able to AOE down mobs instead of CC'ing them.

I disagree with this. There is place for large sprawling dungeons, just like there's a place for raids without trash mobs. 5-mans have very little variety in terms of size as it is, and the latest one Seat of the Triumvirate has been a disappointment personally.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-09-25 at 07:58 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    As long as they got multiple versions of raids and dungeons, it will never feel like the old days.

Repeating the same content isn't actually new content, it just extends the lifespan and player range.
    So dont participate? Its not like you had alternatives when there was only 1 difficulty. You were just bum-f*cked by busy work like stacking buffs or later in BC, 21 day daily quest grinds.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

7+ Year Old Account
    The content have overall always jumped between a 5 and an 8 through the game history. No expansion have been a full 8 nor have any been a full 5.

So i would not really say, that there have been a big change in quality overall. While some features in Legion have gone down, like lore/story and overall game structure, some have also gone up like gameplay, amount of content and accesability. The same have happend with every expansion and while i do have my favorites, it is only because i prefer a specific type of content. With a standpoint as neutral as possible, i can't really say which expansion had the highest amount of quality, because the quality have stayed the same since TBC in my opnion.

And that is maybe where the critique should lie. Blizzard have been developing this game for over 10 years now and yet the quality have not spiked as you would expect when you become more seasoned with the product you make. So while the game has kept a near constant quality over expansions, the quality of the dev team have steadily gone down since the first expansion, because more is expected of them and yet the overall project is not improved.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    That point was exactly The Burning Crusade. It was the TBC expansion that started with the "corridor-style" dungeons with a convenient exit at the end. Wrath was simply a continuation of those same dungeons with the added perk of being able to AOE down mobs instead of CC'ing them.
    Yes and no because BC still had a lot of diversity despite what you're correctly describing, then WLK went full corporate imo.

Stuff like Ajol-Nerub is a great example. Shameful design, crap rewards, forgettable skins. They really turned it up to 11.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Yes and no because BC still had a lot of diversity despite what you're correctly describing, then WLK went full corporate imo.

Stuff like Ajol-Nerub is a great example. Shameful design, crap rewards, forgettable skins. They really turned it up to 11.
    And stuff like Sethekk Halls or Auchenai Crypts isn't? Sorry but they were literally some of the most bland dungeons ever.

And Azjol had the same rewards other end dungeons did. Ilvl 200 loot that helped you get into Naxx. Just like BC heroics got you into Kara with their 115 ilvl gear. As for design yeah it's shameful. But there are dungeons way before it with shameful design. Although that is subjective of course.

And no BC did not have any diversity at all. Steamvault Dungeons used the exact same skins, TK Dungeons used the exact same skins, Auchindoun Dungeons used the same bland skins and so on. Literally the only two different ones were the CoT Dungeons since they were in different locations although they reused the Vanilla map skins.