I love hunting Widows as Pharah in FFA.
    Also, most of my wins are with Pharah.

I think Reaper much better vor Chateau, since its a small map.
    But to each his own.

holy cripes, didn't know corner climbing with lucio is easy. the only reason why I can't do it before is because my FPS is really bad. I couldn't time my jump correctly with each corners!

10+ Year Old Account
    The loss streak continues, down to 1800, 350SR gone in three days. This is incredible, even tried going back to D.Va a few times, but I'm yet to even scrape a draw in half a dozen games with this piece of trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The loss streak continues, down to 1800, 350SR gone in three days. This is incredible, even tried going back to D.Va a few times, but I'm yet to even scrape a draw in half a dozen games with this piece of trash.
    If you're playing this weekend, you know it's a free weekend, right? Unless you're up over 4k, you're probably playing with people on free accounts, most likely if you're in the 1500-3k range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're playing this weekend, you know it's a free weekend, right? Unless you're up over 4k, you're probably playing with people on free accounts, most likely if you're in the 1500-3k range.
    Free accounts can't be in Comp, although I got the impression people were in from QP avoiding them as well as a lot of people with new accounts having bought based on the weekend. Meanwhile, QP has been loaded up with Diamond+ players, who I'd been avoiding. You'd think 3.2k was the median.

Either way, I keep playing, I get the rank back or I don't, or I try harder on placements next season. I've been here before, previously it lasted like a few hours in the week. New season is only a month away anyway. You're right though, between free weekend, the balance changes, clusterfuck was an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Poor D.va.
    Her buff nerf cycle has been all over the place. First she's a flanker and not really a tank and they buffed her tank aspects to good then out of no where she gets another buff to her HP which was 100% not needed with the new DM changes then they nerf her armor cause now shes too tanky (but they fucking gave her more hp before this for no reason) and now they don't want her to be tanky so they nerf DM basically back to how it was when she was first introduced (that's how long it takes to get it back fully charged) and give her a new damage move??????? and she can shoot while flying now???

So now she's back to being a flanker with minor tank support and is an ult sponge much like how she was upon release.

Now I'm just waiting for the Zarya nerf to follow up on the trend of nerfing shit for no reason.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

so disney has this Overwatch tournament TV series going on right now. idk what tournament it is covering but watching these pros play tracer, sombra, and some windowmakers makes me understand how to play them better.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

My new strategy for dealing with Hanzo/Widow mains is, rather than ask them to swap to something that will give us a chance in hell of winning (not bloody likely) I instead politely ask them to focus the inevitable Pharah / Pharmacy on the opposite team. As long as they're playing dead weight characters the least they can do is make up for the lack of hitscan by focusing the right targets. And hell, maybe after missing Pharah 50 times in a row they'll finally realise they shouldn't be playing snipers (JK that will never happen).

Had an amusing argument with a particularly prickly Widow the other day, I said "hey Widow can you take out that Pharah", I even used my sweet voice to sound like I was super confident in his ability to do so and so happy he'd chosen such a good character. And he asks me "uh why should I have to focus Pharah???". Needless to say, the other DPS was a Junkrat or Reaper or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you report people for playing the character they want to play you're the toxic one.
    In Quick Match, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    I love hunting Widows as Pharah in FFA.
    Also, most of my wins are with Pharah.

I think Reaper much better vor Chateau, since its a small map.
    But to each his own.
    I've only played it about three times so far, my one win was as Winston of all things. They all went Genjis and Hanzos and other glassy heroes and nobody decided to go Reaper and counter me. Om nom nom.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-09-25 at 02:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pharah's honestly not great at FFA. About the only map you'll do well on is Chateau Guillard, and then only really because there's a lot of edges to punt people off of and map design that pushed them to those edges as they maneuver around the map. You're hoping to do that, and pick people off at low health, because while you're hard to kill for most heroes, they can just ignore you. Only dying twice in the round doesn't matter if you only racked up 8 kills and placed 6th of 8.

- - - Updated - - -
    I have found her to be rather good on kings row because theres a lot of ledges you can fly up from and stay above everyone from the streets, I won by over 4 kills I think. You just blast people who are dueling and finish people off or point blank kill people in tight corridors.
    I didn't find her very good on chateau guillard but maybe because there were a lot of mcrees that game.

Guys, don't complain about the free weekend noobs in your games because you're basically admitting you're at the level which free weekend noobs get to with a few hours of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Guys, don't complain about the free weekend noobs in your games because you're basically admitting you're at the level which free weekend noobs get to with a few hours of experience.
    I think I only bumped into a few because it was new accounts queuing with friends who are more experienced, so it dragged them up into the matches.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Except you forget about all the cheaters that get free pass to come back with no repercussions just to be shitlords. But, thankfully ranked has no free players so it's whatever.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'm over the loss streak, but I can't score a win with D.Va, she just isn't as powerful an influence on the team without DM.

Think I'm over the loss streak, but I can't score a win with D.Va, she just isn't as powerful an influence on the team without DM.
    She's a dive tank now. It's only a matter of time before people bring back the triple tank. Dva, Zarya and Winston with Mercy and Lucio and probably junkrat or soilder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    She's a dive tank now. It's only a matter of time before people bring back the triple tank. Dva, Zarya and Winston with Mercy and Lucio and probably junkrat or soilder
    She's not a Tank, she's straight up DPS now. She used to be a dive tank.

Did SR calculations change? Seems like I'm getting a helluva lot more on wins than I used to, and not losing near as much on a loss. Climbed about 150 SR over the last 2-3 days and I'm about 60:40 right now.
    Of course, I'm about to hit 2500 and the game that determines it is a team that goes 5 damage off the bat and has literally 2 kids (balls haven't be even dropped yet) screaming into their mics at the character select screen, and don't stop until I mute them. Literally going 5 seconds into the match. God I wish their parents drop them off in the middle of the desert with nothing but a postcard with the ocean on it and their only protection from the elements are a bottle of cooking oil.
    Next game I'm in a group with people that again scream into their mics at character select (is this becoming a thing?) and by the end of round 1 our Zen has gold damage. Think I'm done for the day.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-09-25 at 10:33 PM.

She's not a Tank, she's straight up DPS now. She used to be a dive tank.
    She's still a dive tank, she replaces a dps as the dps role and not the tank role.

15+ Year Old Account
    She's still a dive tank, she replaces a dps as the dps role and not the tank role.
    Then... she's a dps hero now. :|

I sure as hell wouldn't take her to soak damage anymore, let alone for the purpose of dealing damage. There are FAR better heroes for that.

Starting playing Ow after a break, joined a game full of skilled friends, most of them in groups or 2/solo. What a mad game that was...Good times. Dva doesn't feel like a threat unless she's right next to you shooting rockets though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I tend to try to outstupid them. If they pick widow or hanzo, i'll take attack torb. Or bastion. I'll wait until everyone has picked, and there are inevitably 3 dps and 1 heal 1 tank, then I pick tracer on defense.

Often this results in the hanzo or widow switching to another char. Then I switch to what I planned to play and get on with my life.

Oh, and I block anyone who locks widow early.
    Yeah, I'm similar, if I see a really shitty comp or troll pick I go Widow or something and hope the other guys have second thoughts about their one-tank-no-support lineup before the gates open. Then I swap back to something viable.

Sometimes you do literally wind up with that comp anyway though, in which case the match is already over.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't replace a dps role with D.Va.

Well maybe you can with Junkrat since he does 2 heroes worth of damage kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Then... she's a dps hero now. :|

I sure as hell wouldn't take her to soak damage anymore, let alone for the purpose of dealing damage. There are FAR better heroes for that.
    The thing is she's half and half. Her shield still blocks damage really well you just have to use it very judiciously. Meanwhile she can bully some heroes really well but her damage output is not enough to make her a dps.

So you can't expect her to sit there absorbing damage for a whole team OR operate as a full DPS.

IMO she's back to her original role as a backline harasser and off-tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.