Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    I don't need to, I'm already better than you even without "the game bending to my needs". What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? There isn't some special "raiding mode" that turns on at 7pm so stop talking out your arse ya fuckin bellend.
    Cata baby detected.

Find
    Time
    To
    Raid
    Or
    Don't
    Raid

WQs and normal dungeons are there for you ������ Probably can't even get into a raid anyways with all of that Vers on your gear ������������������

Simple, if you can't comprehend that you're more of an autist than I thought.

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2017-09-26 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    They should just retroactively award curve and edge, remove the ability for the blizzard api to track kills on an individual difficulty. I'm a mythic raider and this shit is annoying, even on my alts people try to say "well thats not from this character."
    and they are correct - just because you play good on your overgeared to the teeth main doesnt mean you know how to play your undergeared alts.

but a lot of people think that just because they have AoTC on main it automatickly gives them diving right to be carried by overgeared toons in raids.

thats why it completly fails in what people try to make it to be.

Look, i'm on the "asking for Achi + checking wowprogress and all that jazz" side. I may be an asshole now, but i'm jaded.

I literally spent an entire weekend (16++ hours) of game time wiping on KJ HC with various groups. And it was never my own fault. I couldn't join groups because i didn't have an achievement and i never asked others for one. all i asked was that you were a decent ilvl (920+) and had at least 8/9 down. It took 16 hours of wipe, recruiting new people from LFG, wipe, repeat, then i gave up.

The next reset the same deal, but after i nearly gave up after 10 more hours of wiping back to back (actually 15-30 minutes in between pulls because leavers, frustrating AS HELL) i got into a group of people who all had their achievement already. It was a teamspeak group of a german guild. We 2shot KJ. it felt surreal. I played perfectly and wasn't even remotely last on DPS and somehow was the only player capable of doing the flame orb correctly. (i've never even BEEN in p3 before)

So in short, Kil'Jaeden Heroic is absolutely UNPUGGABLE with people who do not have their achievement yet or are grossly overgeared. (like 940+ overgeared) I'm sorry OP but literally and figuratively your only chance is to either pull your hairs out for 20 hours or more like i did, pay up the 200-500k gold for a boost group (€20 token, expensive!), or join a guild*. I got lucky after 25 hours or more (i lost count), and now i only invite people with achi and check their wowprogress. It's been solid oneshot runs ever since.

Good luck OP

*which is impossible without good logs and/or achievements, unless you want to join a HC progress guild who will never beat maiden, ever. let alone avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Cata baby detected.

Find
    Time
    To
    Raid
    Or
    Don't
    Raid

WQs and normal dungeons are there for you ������ Probably can't even get into a raid anyways with all of that Vers on your gear ������������������

Simple, if you can't comprehend that you're more of an autist than I thought.
    Hahah been playing since tbc, but ok. So you armory me to check my gear but not my achievements? ������������������ Ok man, you keep raiding at 7 while I outdps you, raid when I want and get my PvP titles. Enjoy lad

P.s I see why you called me a cata baby, you're a cata baby and feel insecure about it :/ there there, no need to project your problems, you can get help for that.
    Last edited by Resentless; 2017-09-25 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notawizard View Post
    Look, i'm on the "asking for Achi + checking wowprogress and all that jazz" side. I may be an asshole now, but i'm jaded.

I literally spent an entire weekend (16++ hours) of game time wiping on KJ HC with various groups. And it was never my own fault. I couldn't join groups because i didn't have an achievement and i never asked others for one. all i asked was that you were a decent ilvl (920+) and had at least 8/9 down. It took 16 hours of wipe, recruiting new people from LFG, wipe, repeat, then i gave up.

The next reset the same deal, but after i nearly gave up after 10 more hours of wiping back to back (actually 15-30 minutes in between pulls because leavers, frustrating AS HELL) i got into a group of people who all had their achievement already. It was a teamspeak group of a german guild. We 2shot KJ. it felt surreal. I played perfectly and wasn't even remotely last on DPS and somehow was the only player capable of doing the flame orb correctly. (i've never even BEEN in p3 before)

So in short, Kil'Jaeden Heroic is absolutely UNPUGGABLE with people who do not have their achievement yet or are grossly overgeared. (like 940+ overgeared) I'm sorry OP but literally and figuratively your only chance is to either pull your hairs out for 20 hours or more like i did, pay up the 200-500k gold for a boost group (€20 token, expensive!), or join a guild*. I got lucky after 25 hours or more (i lost count), and now i only invite people with achi and check their wowprogress. It's been solid oneshot runs ever since.

Good luck OP

*which is impossible without good logs and/or achievements, unless you want to join a HC progress guild who will never beat maiden, ever. let alone avatar.
    and this is why raiding is not popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I think everyone should do themselves a favor and join a guild which fits their ambitions. You don't have to invest many hours every week if it's the right guild. Also you will probably notice it is more entertaining to raid with people you know compared to a random pug group.
    but you need to show up on schedule - and that not possible for 90% of playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    and this is why raiding is not popular.
    thats why heroic and mythic raiding is unpopoular

lfr raiding is very popular in game activity

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but you need to show up on schedule - and that not possible for 90% of playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

thats why heroic and mythic raiding is unpopoular

lfr raiding is very popular in game activity
    Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Hahah been playing since tbc, but ok. So you armory me to check my gear but not my achievements? ������������������ Ok man, you keep raiding at 7 while I outdps you, raid when I want and get my PvP titles. Enjoy lad

P.s I see why you called me a cata baby, you're a cata baby and feel insecure about it :/ there there, no need to project your problems, you can get help for that.
    Congratz, you're good at a mini game inside a game. *slowclap*

Deleted
    Make your own group and get achi.

and they are correct - just because you play good on your overgeared to the teeth main doesnt mean you know how to play your undergeared alts.

but a lot of people think that just because they have AoTC on main it automatickly gives them diving right to be carried by overgeared toons in raids.

thats why it completly fails in what people try to make it to be.
    What? xD It's not pvp. You just go on dummy, 10 minutes max and you fully understand rotation. Lvling is long enough to know every single spell of your class.

In pve there is nothing hard in any class. I can understand if someone switch from dps to tank or healer but if you play idk warrior you can play feral, rogue, mage, warlock on same level because it's pve

From personal experience, having people willing to get on Discord/TS/Vent etc. is way more effective than getting a "curve group". I've struggled to get to KJ, let alone kill him in full "curved PUGs". Everything is fine till Desolate Host, then things start going wrong, it becomes a struggle and people start leaving after a single wipe.

On the other hand, i joined a random "H ToS, Discord required" group and steamrolled through Heroic ToS, only wiping on KJ twice before getting the kill and seeing more than half of the raid get their curve achieve.

Maybe it's just me, but i find that people tend to perform better or drop groups a lot less when there's coordination through verbal communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    From personal experience, having people willing to get on Discord/TS/Vent etc. is way more effective than getting a "curve group". I've struggled to get to KJ, let alone kill him in full "curved PUGs". Everything is fine till Desolate Host, then things start going wrong, it becomes a struggle and people start leaving after a single wipe.

On the other hand, i joined a random "H ToS, Discord required" group and steamrolled through Heroic ToS, only wiping on KJ twice before getting the kill and seeing more than half of the raid get their curve achieve.

Maybe it's just me, but i find that people tend to perform better or drop groups a lot less when there's coordination through verbal communication.
    It's important to note that if people have gotten curve, but are on really good geared alts when killing KJ, they will still 'reget' the achievement, so it's really unknown how many of these people really didn't have the curve.

I will agree with you on the discord part. Back when I didn't have curve, I made a group and raid lead it with discord, 80% of the group didn't even have curve, and we still killed KJ by the end of the night!

What I did, was to whisper the leader of the groups and explaining "I don't raid much anymore, but I have cleared 8/9 hc, and know tactics in and out. I have achievements like "The Immortal" if you need some proof that I am not a derp" - Usually that'll get you an invite

Quote Originally Posted by notawizard View Post

Good luck OP

I was in the same boat as this, although I think my weekend long sessions were maybe a bit better than yours (best wipes would always be ~5% over a weekend, but then inevitably people left etc).

As a tank I found this really frustrating, as I knew the fight back to front, and actually massively overgeared it (was 933 equipped before I killed it in a pug). Aside from the first weeks when I was attempting him at ~ 915 ilvl I wasn't dying, could take armageddons/claws etc.

Finally managed to get a group where they didn't actually check if I had curve or not, easily one-shotted KJ, people were surprised when my curve popped at the end.

Pugging that boss has just been awful. It was one of the bosses that my guild only ever killed in their 'main' raid (they did Maiden/Avatar/KJ even when they were doing Mythic). So as someone who was more 'casual' (can't raid regular hours because of work) it didn't really help me!

I guess it's mainly just because the fight is a bit unforgiving to individual mistakes (tank missed taunt = wipe, missed Armageddon = wipe, reflections all over the place = wipe, orb fuck up = wipe).

I don't even demand curve in my runs any more - instead I ask for logs (unless someone has done a lot of mythic bosses). I had full 95%+ logs in heroic before i killed KJ once, so if people have good logs, I'll invite them without curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    I had full 95%+ logs in heroic before i killed KJ once, so if people have good logs, I'll invite them without curve.
    As a tank? Doesn't matter. I can parse every single fight with 99%+ just because of specific legendaries(I'm a shoulder/chest Brewmaster) and specific build, but it doesn't mean I'm insanely good or something. It's just how the game works. Same thing for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    As a tank? Doesn't matter. I can parse every single fight with 99%+ just because of specific legendaries(I'm a shoulder/chest Brewmaster) and specific build, but it doesn't mean I'm insanely good or something. It's just how the game works. Same thing for healers.
    I'd argue that it means you know the fights well enough to be able to sacrifice some survivability for DPS, which in turn helps the group. But just my opinion!

You don't have to show up on schedule to join a simple heroic raid in a lot of guilds.

In my guild we raid 3 days a week on schedule. But the social members of the guild can join our heroic farm runs with no problem. They don't have to show up all the other days in order to get curve.

We do heroic farm runs every week so surely the social members can make room in their schedule to join just one day in a random week if they want curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You don't have to show up on schedule to join a simple heroic raid in a lot of guilds.

In my guild we raid 3 days a week on schedule. But the social members of the guild can join our heroic farm runs with no problem. They don't have to show up all the other days in order to get curve.

We do heroic farm runs every week so surely the social members can make room in their schedule to join just one day in a random week if they want curve.
    In our guild, we raid one day per week, for 3 hrs (and have 9/9 hc). We don't expect 100% attendance from people, we're all people with real lives that have got in the way of our raiding, but still want to raid in a decent environment. People who say they can't find somewhere just didn't look

Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    In our guild, we raid one day per week, for 3 hrs (and have 9/9 hc). We don't expect 100% attendance from people, we're all people with real lives that have got in the way of our raiding, but still want to raid in a decent environment. People who say they can't find somewhere just didn't look
    Exactly. There will always be a guild with people in the same situation as you. People make it sound like that only hardcore mythic raiding guilds exist and you have use 9-12 hours a week raiding. However, this is just not true.

Just join a yolo no voice 940 group and faceroll 1 shot it. Even missed a soak and the healers just healed through it like nothing