Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And stuff like Sethekk Halls or Auchenai Crypts isn't? Sorry but they were literally some of the most bland dungeons ever.

And Azjol had the same rewards other end dungeons did. Ilvl 200 loot that helped you get into Naxx. Just like BC heroics got you into Kara with their 115 ilvl gear. As for design yeah it's shameful. But there are dungeons way before it with shameful design. Although that is subjective of course.

And no BC did not have any diversity at all. Steamvault Dungeons used the exact same skins, TK Dungeons used the exact same skins, Auchindoun Dungeons used the same bland skins and so on. Literally the only two different ones were the CoT Dungeons since they were in different locations although they reused the Vanilla map skins.
    Agree to disagree. In BC there are examples of linear content but the pattern isn't set. By WLK we're in full McDonalds mode. Like for example, I like visually appealing rewards, BC had many, even if quite a few were reskins. By WLK it had all gone down the drain because people like you could give a shit. You only care about Ilvl's. So there goes that. The majority started ruling this game and it turned into a well-oiled money machine but that's not what made the game great to begin with. Not in my opinion.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Yes and no because BC still had a lot of diversity despite what you're correctly describing, then WLK went full corporate imo.

Stuff like Ajol-Nerub is a great example. Shameful design, crap rewards, forgettable skins. They really turned it up to 11.
    What diversity are we talking here? Design-wise all the TBC 5-mans were pretty crap with Magister's Terrace as the sole exception. The only highlight of dungeon design out of TBC was Karazhan, but it was a raid in TBC so it doesn't count.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I'll make a list of meaningful patches per expac and write down the amount of content they brought to the table(subjectively speaking). To make it simpler to read, I'll just make the following notations(L - Low, A - Average, H - High, VH - Very High).

Vanilla
    Start -> A
    1.2 ->Maraudon dungeon patch -> L
    1.3 -> Dire Maul dungeon patch -> L
    1.5 -> BGs that should've been there at launch -> L
    1.6 -> BWL, Darkmoon Faire patch -> H
    1.7 -> Zul'Gurub patch -> A
    1.9 -> AQ patch(including the opening of the gates event) -> H
    1.11 -> Naxxramas patch -> A

Overall: I'd rate it as 8/10 mainly because there wasn't that much content at all to begin with, although they added quite a bit on the way.

TBC
    Start -> VH
    2.1 -> BT patch, high amount of content -> H
    2.3 -> Zul'Aman patch -> A
    2.4 -> Sunwell(dungeon+raid) patch + Isle of Quel'Danas -> H

Overall: 7.5/10 mainly because, although they didn't add that much on the way, there was lots of content on day one.

Wotlk
    Start -> A (Mainly because Naxxramas was a totally rehashed raid)
    3.1 -> Ulduar patch + Argent Tournament dailies and quests -> H
    3.2 -> Trial of the (Grand) Crusader patch + 1 dungeon + BG -> H
    3.3 -> ICC patch + 3 dungeons, high amount of content -> H
    3.3.5 -> Ruby Sanctum -> L

Overall: 7.5/10, Azjol'Nerub raid still feels like a missed oportunity

Cataclysm
    Start -> VH (Lots of new content)
    4.1 -> ZA and ZG dungeons patch -> H
    4.2 -> Firelands -> H(could've been VH, but the raid itself was quite short)
    4.3 -> DS patch -> A(1 amazing dungeon - Well of Eternity, 2 lacklustre ones and a raid even worse than ToC)

Overall: 6.5, the expac being saved by the release content and the Firelands patch

MoP
    Start -> VH(Challenge Modes, 3 start raids, world bosses brought back)
    5.1 -> Quests in Krasarang -> L
    5.2 -> ToT patch with new questing hub -> VH
    5.3 -> Darkspear Rebellion patch with a few new quests -> L
    5.4 -> SOO patch + Proving Grounds, Timeless Isle, Flexible and Connected Realms -> VH

Overall: 8.5. I have never felt this expac was missing content, although I wasn't a huge fan of the setting.

WoD
    Start -> Highmaul + BRF later on, not much else to do -> A
    6.2 -> Huge raid and huge new zone to explore - which should've been available on release -> VH
    Overall: 4. The lack of content in this expansion was a joke.

Legion
    Start -> Suramar + EN raid + NH post 7.1 -> VH
    7.1 -> Karazhan dungeon + ToV raid -> H
    7.2 -> ToS raid + CoEN dungeon + redesigned Broken Shore -> H
    7.3 -> ABT raid + new dungeon + 3 new zones, it's just insane how much work has been put in this patch -> VH+
    Overall: 9.5. This expansion has lived up to the hype. Yes, maybe the underlying system wasn't the greatest, but you can't deny there's lots of content in Legion.

In my opinion, people greatly exaggerate the amount of content Vanilla and Wotlk brought to the table. In the past few years, Blizzard did a decent job with the content if we exclude that joke of an expansion named WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What diversity are we talking here? Design-wise all the TBC 5-mans were pretty crap with Magister's Terrace as the sole exception. The only highlight of dungeon design out of TBC was Karazhan, but it was a raid in TBC so it doesn't count.
    This is all subjective. To me there's a pattern of content starting with WLK. And that pattern isn't something I enjoy. And it only got worse over time. People just began whining anything they didn't like into oblivion and along with a desire to apply the same successful model over and over for financial reasons it really boxed the game in imo.

The game suffers from its own self limitations. I wish they'd nuke a lot of what people say is mandatory and force players to adapt to more diverse content. If only to make the game fresh again.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2017-09-25 at 08:31 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I'd give it an 8/10, there are a few things I don't like about this expansion but overall I am enjoying Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Because gating your content so it can last longer is not something Blizzard should be proud off. (Even though the content is done in just a mini second once it's out)

There is a reason why WoW is falling further and further into the background: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...ta,Hearthstone

But according to you fanboys up here, WoW is more popular then ever.
    Did.. did you just call me a fanboy?