Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard is saved the hassle from thousands of "Joined a pug made by a player called douchemagonnalX and he ninjad everything" reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is still loot in wow? Last time I played most things didn't' even drop loot.

When you kill a boss, the game rolls some dice to decide if you get loot.

If you do, it then rolls more dice to see if you get Warforged, and if it does it rolls more dice to get Titanforged, which it repeats until it either fails, or hits the cap.

Then it rolls more dice to see if you get a socket, and again to see if you get extra modifiers like Speed, Indestructable or Leech.

Then you can roll the dice again by using a token.

TL;DR: Fractal Dice.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The new system, loot drops - and it is yours. Loot doesn't drop - and it isn't.

BUT THERE IS A BONUS.

If someone doesn't need something, they can CHOOSE to give it to you.

Best loot system ever
    Except if something is a 5ilvl upgrade for you but has the worst stats you can't trade it.

Personally I hate PL, I don't mind not getting loot but it feels a let down when you get a progress boss down and you get 30 gold from it, double the disappointment if you roll.

The only highlight PL has is if you know you're not getting loot you can use a roll straight away, instead of waiting for pissing around on a item you want and the roll timer getting closer to expiring

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    It's just given randomly to folks? I remember when loot would drop and you would roll need or greed...what happened to that? Not sure I like this new system.
    How is that new?

Personal loot has been here for a while. Don't like it? Switch to masterloot. But then you get ninjalooters etc etc.
    Also, don't you get extra drops for using personal loot or did they scrap that?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    I have no idea whats going on anymore but on a fresh 110 I got to 924 in a week

Free loot everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I dont think yo ucan change the looot tpye on lfr
    Should also be a possibility for solo content to change on group loot in LFR. There is no way how to get all transmo able items doing that only with 1 character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Great improvement over the system that let anyone who could roll need on something you've been grinding for do so just to DE/screw you. /rolleyes
    Fixed that for you.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The new system, loot drops - and it is yours. Loot doesn't drop - and it isn't.

BUT THERE IS A BONUS.

If someone doesn't need something, they can CHOOSE to give it to you.

Best loot system ever
    It would be better if someone didn't get loot they didn't need and it just automatically went to the person who does, and only if nobody needs it it doesn't do that.

I noticed this in LFD on a low level alt yesterday.

Sometimes loot would drop on bosses, and need/greed would pop up, however on other runs it would just drop loot on the boss with no rolls.

Not exactly sure what caused this, as loot was set to 'group loot' both times, and it seemed to be fixed for the whole dungeon - any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    It would be better if someone didn't get loot they didn't need and it just automatically went to the person who does, and only if nobody needs it it doesn't do that.
    This would make gearing far too easy and quick, and make personal loot vastly superior to any other kind of loot type in every way. There's a reason there's some RNG in looting.

Also, how do you define "something they don't need"? Does it have a dialogue popup to ask you if you need it? Is it just automatic if you have higher ilvl? What if you wanted a lower ilvl item with better stats?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    You can't. That's the point. It's always on personal. But in legacy LFRs they give you loot when you're doing it in a small group.

Good lord why are you being so difficult lol
    because i did LFR dragon soul 4 times this week to try and get the lfr set and didnt get garunteed loot every single time :P
    why are you being a massive prick to me double checking?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    because i did LFR dragon soul 4 times this week to try and get the lfr set and didnt get garunteed loot every single time :P
    why are you being a massive prick to me double checking?
    Because you changed argument like 3 times to saying something different.

First you misunderstood and decided to point out I'm wrong because you thought I was talking about earlier patch content.

Then you misunderstood and decided to point out I'm wrong because you thought I was suggesting you can have different loot types in LFR runs.

And now you decide to point out I'm wrong because of your anecdote.

Seems like you're just prowling around trying to be a smart ass.

The whole thing was just meant to be an example of how personal loot doesn't always work the exact same way or have the same rules in different types of content. The actual specifics of the example don't matter aside to people who just wanna fish for small strawman inaccuracies so they can feel superior when they point them out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because you changed argument like 3 times to saying something different.

First you misunderstood and decided to point out I'm wrong because you thought I was talking about earlier patch content.

Then you misunderstood and decided to point out I'm wrong because you thought I was suggesting you can have different loot types in LFR runs.

And now you decide to point out I'm wrong because of your anecdote.

Seems like you're just prowling around trying to be a smart ass.

The whole thing was just meant to be an example of how personal loot doesn't always work the exact same way or have the same rules in different types of content. The actual specifics of the example don't matter aside to people who just wanna fish for small strawman inaccuracies so they can feel superior when they point them out.
    what are you talking about? "Earlier path content" but then you mention SOO saying it is current content
    I misunderstood cause you didnt make it clear.
    But hey your the one making the claim, can you prove it? Can you show me ANY LFR Where you are garunteed loot every boss kill to everyone in the group?

You are the one making the claim, you have the burden of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, that was always confusing for me. I run say ToT heroic-25, and get 5-7 pieces per kill. What happened when I do SoO under the new flex rules?
    You get less items, but only items you can equip, as opposed to the entire loot list. For transmog, chances are this actually improves your chance to get what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you talking about? "Earlier path content" but then you mention SOO saying it is current content
    I misunderstood cause you didnt make it clear.
    But hey your the one making the claim, can you prove it? Can you show me ANY LFR Where you are garunteed loot every boss kill to everyone in the group?

You are the one making the claim, you have the burden of proof.
    There is no claim about LFR. Again, you miss the point.

My "claim" was that Personal Loot doesn't work the same in every type of content. In some kinds of content, the calculations are different.

One of the examples I mentioned was legacy LFR, because in my understanding they had changed the way it works to give guaranteed or very high loot chances for small groups. I remember reading that, and I had the same experience when I used to run legacy LFRs at the start of Legion.

If they have changed it since then, I don't know. I don't really care either. Just scrub that example off the list then. But the other examples were valid and the point was just that Personal loot doesn't have universal ruleset across all content.

This imaginary argument you're having with me about LFR loot rules is nothing to do with what I was posting about. I've no idea why you're making such a big deal about it other than to try and be "right" about something so you can feel better about yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no claim about LFR. Again, you miss the point.

My "claim" was that Personal Loot doesn't work the same in every type of content. In some kinds of content, the calculations are different.

One of the examples I mentioned was legacy LFR, because in my understanding they had changed the way it works to give guaranteed or very high loot chances for small groups. I remember reading that, and I had the same experience when I used to run legacy LFRs at the start of Legion.

If they have changed it since then, I don't know. I don't really care either. Just scrub that example off the list then. But the other examples were valid and the point was just that Personal loot doesn't have universal ruleset across all content.

This imaginary argument you're having with me about LFR loot rules is nothing to do with what I was posting about. I've no idea why you're making such a big deal about it other than to try and be "right" about something so you can feel better about yourself.
    Well maybe dont say stuff like
    "Seems like you're just prowling around trying to be a smart ass."
    "Good lord why are you being so difficult lol"
    if you are unsure of yourself when your making claims that are most for sure not true?
    and yeah personal loot does, it gives loot based on the amount of people, it randoml decides who gets loot then gives them a peice based on their spec, and if lower ilvl then what they have, they can trade it. same rulesets.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing missing from PL is the ability to trade items that are higher ilvl than what you have on or in your bags.
    When you're rocking a 915 with top 2 stats and have no higher ilvl alternatives in your bags and a WF 920 drops with your worst two stats, you are stuck with it.
    Sorry, friend, who would have used this item, but I cannot give it to you because ilvl and reasons, in that order.
    It will be sold to a vendor who will mysteriously lose the item the moment I log off, never reselling it to any individual who could use it.

I mean, loot funneling already happens with the cream of the crop, so remove this one stupid restriction and PL is great.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday did some low level dungeons.

I know vanilla loot is supposed to be personal loot now in 7.3 (tested it time and time again solo, 100% always got loot for spec unless boss doesn't drop any, you get a random piece)

Ragefire chasm somehow still has random loot drops not tied to spec and loot rolls in a group, assume it's gonna be adjusted to the new system soon.

Did Shadowfang Keep (normal) in a group, 1 person always got loot, sometimes 2, no rolls, no trading.

Anyhow, this personal loot made transmog farming easier then ever as you can target pieces with it.

Also most loot got dual stats now, so on a monk, most quest/dungeon armor has agility/intellect unless it's like a random drop "of the eagle" or whatever. Paladin int/strength. Some cloaks/rings/necks are useable for 2-3 mainstats, or just plain stamina+secondaries like legion.

I do feel they will tweak the gear further as we close to 8.0, as I think this will lead to a scaling system overall. They did add at least like 30 items to vanilla dungeons in 7.3 and many more items on wowhead not named/added yet.

To the people saying "personal loot ruins my solo farming vanilla dungeons", pretty much all mobs drop loot again, coins were bugged and fixed, 1st deadmines boss was fixed, cloth drops and greens aren't that terrible.

Solo you get a blue item 100% of the time, and it's on your spec's loot table.

Raids are different but I do hope they will find a system that equalizes drops there too for legacy, at least drop more then 1 personal loot item 100% of the time when solo due to lockout.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-25 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You get less items, but only items you can equip, as opposed to the entire loot list. For transmog, chances are this actually improves your chance to get what you want.
    However, e.g. Rogues can't get Druid recolors, which are usually Int items (until Legion content)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.