Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    To add, if they take the home lunch that they deem unsuitable, the school must provide the child with a school lunch, which the parent will have to pay for.

But yes, I have heard of this happening. My kids school in MA would give parents notes about healthy/appropriate snacks, however, they wouldn't take them away from the child.
    Exactly. For example (yeah I know fox new) http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14...h-nuggets.html

Tennisace sounds like he could work for the North Korea's government. He really hates free will, personal freedom, and allowing people to live how they want. What a totalitarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I take it you have not seen the North American "slice".

I am 6'6 (198cm) and 1 slice is plenty for me. I assume that the slice they are talking about must be smaller but still, pizza is a treat and not a nutritious lunch. I don't understand why the hell they would give the kids pizza for lunch at all.

No way. Unless you have a stomach the size of a crab apple, one slice is not enough. Pizza is fine as nutrition, its not a chocolate bar as people pretend it is. You have a dairy, wheat, vegetables and meats. Yeah, greasy but its not like it offers nothing of nutrition like Pop or chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I just did the math for a 6 year old as an example. If that's your only argument against my post, then you really don't have an argument.
    How isn't it an argument? The caloric intake for school age children varies from around average of 1600-2500. If you're on the low end one slice is fine. If you're on the high end 280 calories for lunch is not enough to be a satisfactory mid-day meal. A kid who sits at school and then goes home and sits is going to get more runway out of a single slice than a kid who is running around at school then goes home and plays for a couple hours.
    For some kids a single slice is fine. For some its not enough to eat. This isn't really an argument, its just a thing that's true.

Being active doesn't magical mean you can take in 3000 calories(hyperbole, I know what you mean).
    Oddly enough, though granted I'm not a kid any more, for someone my size and activity level the recommended daily caloric intake is 2900-3100, so this isn't really hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    The excuse to starve children is just a way for the government to save money. Thanks Michelle Obama.
    Don't think Michelle Obama has a lot to do with the policies of a private Catholic school in Canada.

Everytime this clown posts something to do with weight, it convinces me a touch more that he is some fat fuck with self-loathing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    And for kids two pieces of pizza a week is not going to make a child fat on their own. What is their activity level? What does the rest of their diet look like? And so on. This determines nothing one way or the other.
    I definitively agree, but the point was that "one slice, not two" means nothing if we don't have any idea about what those slices are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Poverty exists even in first world countries, open your eyes lad
    As per the definition of "poverty" it must exist in all countries where there is any variance in what people might earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...hool-1.4302201

Great to see. We need to enforce nutritional guidelines at a young age. Get these kids used to it.

When I was doing errands on the weekend I came across this really overweight kid who must have been around 6. I couldn't believe my eyes. What were his parents feeding him exactly..
    What kind of mentally insane communistic need for control is going on in your mind???

It's none of your damn business what someone else eats and how much.

"We need to enforce nutritional guidelines at a young age." Enforce? You can't spell ENFORCE without FORCE. How will you enforce it? With jail time? Fines? Guns? Why on earth would you want to give government beurocracy power over what you and your children eat??? Go live in North Korea, where people are only allowed to have meat on their birthdays or certain days of the year... Their nutritional guidelines are really enforced! Kim Jong Un's the only obese person in his entire country. Great to see! Get these kids used to it!

are the slices the size of a whole plate or something? and what kind of pizza? italian, pan etc

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    What kind of mentally insane communistic need for control is going on in your mind???
    Don't mind him. He's either buddies with or paid by staff to ensure he keeps the political scale of the site on the left. That's why he's never banned, despite his outlandish posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    How isn't it an argument? The caloric intake for school age children varies from around average of 1600-2500. If you're on the low end one slice is fine. If you're on the high end 280 calories for lunch is not enough to be a satisfactory mid-day meal. A kid who sits at school and then goes home and sits is going to get more runway out of a single slice than a kid who is running around at school then goes home and plays for a couple hours.
    For some kids a single slice is fine. For some its not enough to eat. This isn't really an argument, its just a thing that's true.
    The effect this will likely have is making sure the kids do not have the energy to run around at school, thus be less fit but easier to "deal with" for the teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    "As different activities burn up different numbers of calories, and different sexes of children need different numbers of calories at different ages, this is hard to say. A 2 - 3 year old girl who isn’t very active will need about 1000 calories a day; a moderately active girl of 4 - 8 will need about 1400-1600 calories a day; and a 9 -13 year old girl with an active lifestyle will need 1800-2200 calories a day. An active 9-13 year old boy will need more calories – around 2000-2600 per day."
    I wasn't being serious. I know how much they can POTENTIALLY burn.

I find it funny that you're the only person here even attempting to post something resembling a rational thought/argument even if it is just a copy/paste. I might disagree with those numbers and point out that it's obviously going to be different for each kid.

Are you cool giving a kid 500+ calories in a single food type every lunch?

I think it's important to remember that the school is required to give a certain amount at lunch, and that the parents are allowed to send whatever they want at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Didn't say you said it. Only said you implied it. Which you did.
    Nowhere did I imply that. WTF are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ious/26498493/

http://wgntv.com/2015/01/26/school-s...e-girls-lunch/

Those are just a couple of examples, and it has been happening fairly regularly. So you can't really say that you can bring whatever you want from home and nobody will stop you.
    Those aren't in Canada. That's not "lots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    If they have such an issue with Pizza, why serve It?

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Don't mind him. He's either buddies with or paid by staff to ensure he keeps the political scale of the site on the left. That's why he's never banned, despite his outlandish posts.
    "Outlandish" is not against forum rules.
    No need to discuss moderation (which is against forum rules).

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Nowhere did I imply that. WTF are you talking about?
    Oh, now you backtrack! It's no big deal, I'm used to it from MMO-C posters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "Outlandish" is not against forum rules.
    No need to discuss moderation (which is against forum rules).
    To be fair, you just did as well.

Kids playing video games and having far less to do that requires physical movement nowadays is causing a large part of the problem.

A slice of Pizza is a joke. I'm 5'11" and weigh about 135lbs (I probably weigh less than most middle school students). I can easily eat half a large pizza without being super hungry. A slice of pizza is literally enough to hold me over for what? 1 hour... 2 hours max.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Deleted
    Quality debate going on here. If pizza makes everyone so angry, I'd hate to see what a war would do.

yeah ok... cause letting the kids be hungry at school where they are likely active is smart.. then they go home and might be eating nothing but junkfood cause they are starving.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

TWO slices?!?

All this post has been successful at is making me want pizza. That said, in Canada most of the time theyll order from a terrible chain called Pizza Pizza! and most of the time those are all cheese or pepperoni. Neither one being a healthy or balanced option. Pizza, if done right, can be be very healthy and very balanced.