Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Favorite breed of dog? Hot, in a bun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Buying mongrels for health purposes is akin to buying an old car to save money.
    Wow, even I wouldn't go as far as calling dogs "mongrels".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    All of it, really, except for the outdoors part. And even that one only on conditions.
    You don't like her being a woman? Having a husband? Husband being in the military? Living in a military base? Having a daughter? Getting a cat? Military bases not allowing cats outdoors?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Komondor. Because I own one, and he's awesome, and the bestest of dogs. His name is Goliath and he enjoys belly rubs and herding small children.
    and then he cupped my balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    My last Dog was an 50 Kilogramm ( about 110 pounds ) potatoe chips thief, couch commando and extraordinary good pulling device while i was wearing inline skates Pitbull. He was also wonderful with kids and cats. I love the breed, highly intelligent on one side and dumb as bread on the other

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Favorite breed of dog? Hot, in a bun.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, even I wouldn't go as far as calling dogs "mongrels".
    Then I'd suggest you look up the word.

Because you clearly have no idea what it means.

Then I'd suggest you look up the word.

Because you clearly have no idea what it means.
    I looked it up, and as far as I can tell, a sausage in a bun is indeed a Hot Dog.

I also have a german shepherd. They are definitely very intelligent!!

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    I looked it up, and as far as I can tell, a sausage in a bun is indeed a Hot Dog.
    I'll just report, ignore and move on then.

I'd say a Husky.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    Komondor. Because I own one, and he's awesome, and the bestest of dogs. His name is Goliath and he enjoys belly rubs and herding small children.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I'll just report, ignore and move on then.
    Why? That wasn't even a sexual innuendo. I was talking about hot dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Even worse for the local wildlife when you're in a rural setting. No cat needs access to the outdoors.
    lolwat

Out door cats in rural settings are fine. We call those "barn cats".

People who let their cats roam free in cities / suburban areas are total douche flutes to the maximum level.

They do indeed shit everywhere and scratch peoples vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not aimed at you. I just see this breed as a favorite quite often.

If working in a shelter has taught me anything, it's that a lot of people get huskies simply because they're beautiful dogs. They don't understand that they are a working breed and require daily mental and physical stimulation. This is not a breed that you can be lazy with and throw in a backyard. They MUST be walked/worked, else they develop behavioral issues and look for ways to escape so they can run.

Again, not aimed at you, but please do your research before purchasing this breed.
    Yeah, I don't think I'm in a position right now to own a husky. But one day perhaps.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Golden Retrievers. Friendly, smart, beautiful looking dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Rottweiler.

Health issues and idiots breeding for dog shows rather than work are a problem, but the mentality, looks and history of the breed has captured my heart.

I love all dogs though. You won't find me turning my nose up at toy breeds, or mongrels. I'm a dog lover, not a specific-breed-of-dog-lover, after all.

Buying mongrels for health purposes is akin to buying an old car to save money. "Higher genetic health in theory" =/= an actually healthy dog by default. Especially if 2 not-so-healthy parents have been used to produce the mongrel puppies. And many breeds have a roof for acceptable inbreeding percentage. In my fav breed, it's lowered all the time. I can get puppies with 0.0% inbreeding just fine, so no, it's not "pure incest".
    Ok, i know what you mean. A breeder who takes his job seriously will get you a healthy dog. The problem is: Some breeds are unhealthy to begin with. The pug, though i like it, is a good example, where humans created a thing that cannot breathe without problems and is prone to die because of it..

Also: Genetic diversity. This may be the biggest problem. As these arbitrary rules for breeds are enforced, you only have a very small percentage of dogs you can actually breed without going against the rules. The problem is that a lot of these dogs have a very small genetic diversity to begin with, especially the ones created 100 years ago. So yeah, in a way this is institutionalized incest. There is a reason why so many cats and dog breeds are prone to genetic diseases.

german sheperd , samoyed, huskies and pitbulls for me (pitbulls have bad fame of being very dangerous but they arent, the fact they are considered dangerous is because 95% of pitbull owners are low IQ wannabe gangster with 0 idea of teaching and having a dog)

pd: i know i may get infracted for the low IQ part but is the truth and there isnt a non offensive way to describe them so i used the less offensive that came to mind
    Last edited by azkhane; 2017-09-25 at 03:04 PM.

look at this majestic creature
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Ok, i know what you mean. A breeder who takes his job seriously will get you a healthy dog. The problem is: Some breeds are unhealthy to begin with. The pug, though i like it, is a good example, where humans created a thing that cannot breathe without problems and is prone to die because of it..

Also: Genetic diversity. This may be the biggest problem. As these arbitrary rules for breeds are enforced, you only have a very small percentage of dogs you can actually breed without going against the rules. The problem is that a lot of these dogs have a very small genetic diversity to begin with, especially the ones created 100 years ago. So yeah, in a way this is institutionalized incest. There is a reason why so many cats and dog breeds are prone to genetic diseases.
    But that's the thing.

You're never guaranteed a healthy dog, you can just increase your chances by choosing breeders that adhere to health regulations when they breed. The dogs coming in to the vet for cancer, skeletal issues etc etc are of all shapes, sizes and breeds/cross-breeds.

There are healthy pugs, bred by breeders whom care about the health aspect. Are they as bodily sound as a Husky? No, but saying a pug is unhealthy and struggles to live by default is wrongful. The average lifespan of the breed in my country, is 12-15 years. That's better than most larger but widely considered more natural dog breeds.

I am a firm believer that opening the lineage books and "outbreeding" with similar breeds for a generation or 2, should be possible to increase the genetic health of breeds. Sadly, the "muh purebred doge!"-people whom only care about dog shows, will be hard pressed to allow it. I'm sure it'll happen someday though, with new breeders cropping up with a young, fresh perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's the thing.

You're never guaranteed a healthy dog, you can just increase your chances by choosing breeders that adhere to health regulations when they breed. The dogs coming in to the vet for cancer, skeletal issues etc etc are of all shapes, sizes and breeds/cross-breeds.

There are healthy pugs, bred by breeders whom care about the health aspect. Are they as bodily sound as a Husky? No, but saying a pug is unhealthy and struggles to live by default is wrongful. The average lifespan of the breed in my country, is 12-15 years. That's better than most larger but widely considered more natural dog breeds.

I am a firm believer that opening the lineage books and "outbreeding" with similar breeds for a generation or 2, should be possible to increase the genetic health of breeds. Sadly, the "muh purebred doge!"-people whom only care about dog shows, will be hard pressed to allow it. I'm sure it'll happen someday though, with new breeders cropping up with a young, fresh perspective.
    But some of the goals of pure breeding ARE unhealthy for a dog. The inflated face of the pug, the face of the pitbull. That is an arbitrary rule by breeders and by neforcing them you sow the potential for later problems for the dogs.

I'm well aware that you will get healthy dogs, but thats not the whole story as i tried to explain with genetic diversity. A lot of breeds suffer from specific genetic diseases. I am and was always a big fan of nowergian wood cats. I owned several in my life. The problem with them: After their birth you have to wait for a few weeks, and if a specific disease kicks in they're prone to, they will get euthanized, otherwise they'd die a very painful death after about 1 year.

Thats my main problem with breeding, we are creating artificial breeds and thereby giving them a whole lot of potential problems. And thats not speaking about some of the breeding decisions that are just despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post

look at this majestic creature

Look at this majestic delicacy.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-09-25 at 03:21 PM.