Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Two problems in your logic:
    1) They don't have to deal with more heavily armed citizens, they have to deal with more heavily armed gangs. It is a huge difference. Europe does not have ghettos controlled by heavily armed and violent criminals.
    2) You are assuming violence scales linearly per capita, which in this case, you would have to prove it.
    1) Why do you think that is? Maybe because their justice system does not create hardened criminals for profit.
    2) It does for every other noteworthy nation on earth, but I guess the USA might be exceptional. You seem to think that is something to strive for, being exceptional that is. Hint: It is just something politicans tell you so they can lie to you more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    1) Why do you think that is? Maybe because their justice system does not create hardened criminals for profit.
    2) It does for every other noteworthy nation on earth, but I guess the USA might be exceptional. You seem to think that is something to strive for, being exceptional that is. Hint: It is just something politicans tell you so they can lie to you more easily.
    1) I don't know why, very likely several reasons, not a single one. But does that matter? The situations cops face is not in their power to control, they are pretty much just soldiers.

2) Does it? Countries with similar HDI of the USA are Iceland, Canada, New Zealand and Sweden. The nearest country with high population and HDI of USA is Japan, but they don't have a western culture, hence it is pretty impossible to compare. Next on the list is Germany, but it's population is 1/4th of the US and they don't have share a border with Mexico.

There are several other factors as well, huge country, huge border, etc.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Absolutely.
    Sadly we have a bunch of idiots who thinks it's justified to beat someone to death if you run from the police.
    It's them bringing us one step closer to fascism.
    Where exactly did the OP say the police "beat someone to death"? So who are you calling an idiot exactly? Is this how you try to convince people that your argument is sound? Please try again.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    So he RAN AWAY from the cops and you're defending Him? You're what's wrong with America.

If someone in a vehicle runs from the police they deserve to meet their maker. By evading police at a high rate of speed you're putting others at risk, including the cops.

I have yet to see one person killed by the cops that didn't deserve it that's made national news in the last 5 years. Fact is they brought it upon themselves with the shit choices they made.

Alternate thread title:

"Are criminals becoming too belligerent and stupid in America?"
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US