Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It literally takes 40 minutes to clear all 9 zones of AP world quests, if that's too much mmo's aren't the genre for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Highmaul wasn't a tier, Cata release isn't a tier. So please mate tell me when they released a tier raid a week before a holiday.
    You do not get to tell me what genre of games I play and are for me. I played WoW since BETA vanilla, and WQ's are a very, very recent invention. I don't know what kind of cheats or hacks you installed to do an entire two continents worth of WQ's in 40 minutes but I'm gonna call bullshit.

why do you need 75 traits?

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    ap is a joke. the system should've been scrapped long before implementation
    AP is one of the main things that has kept things worth doing

Deleted
    it would be retarded releasing antorus at the end of november as progress would possibly fall into christmas...so thats exactly my guess.
    blizzard is retarded after all (which means ap farming wont be a thing unless you want to prepare 2-3 speccs/chars)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Highmaul wasn't a tier, Cata release isn't a tier. So please mate tell me when they released a tier raid a week before a holiday.
    Reaaaaly stretching it there mate. Your point was that Blizz wouldn't be around for hotfixes etc, so Highmaul and Ant are in the exact same boat, both raids, them having tier in them or not is of 0 relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    I cancelled my sub until something new other than AP grinding comes out. (M+ and Raids got boring at this point)
    Link progress in both please, there are other things to do in the game besides ap grinding, raiding, and m+. Take some time and try out the pet battle dungeons or the old raids and collect the tmog gear.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Link progress in both please, there are other things to do in the game besides ap grinding, raiding, and m+. Take some time and try out the pet battle dungeons or the old raids and collect the tmog gear.
    Not everyone is interested in those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    it would be retarded releasing antorus at the end of november as progress would possibly fall into christmas...so thats exactly my guess.
    blizzard is retarded after all (which means ap farming wont be a thing unless you want to prepare 2-3 speccs/chars)
    The race should be over before then(unless you consider all of December as christmas) and for the rest of the guilds they can just take breaks if they want, I mean it's not too different from summer raiding. And for many guilds that take between 3-5 months to clear a tier it's pretty much impossible to avoid holidays completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    The race should be over before then(unless you consider all of December as christmas) and for the rest of the guilds they can just take breaks if they want, I mean it's not too different from summer raiding. And for many guilds that take between 3-5 months to clear a tier it's pretty much impossible to avoid holidays completely.
    end of november means heroic at 22/29th following with mythic a week later.
    if progress goes into week 3 again you might find these situations (lets just hope blizzard isnt this autistic.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    end of november means heroic at 22/29th following with mythic a week later.
    if progress goes into week 3 again you might find these situations (lets just hope blizzard isnt this autistic.)
    The guilds competing for a world first are like 5 (the ones with actually a chance are probably 3), you really think those 120-130 people care if progress is during holiday or not? They would raid even if they mother died between pulls.

It's much much worse to release content (like they've been doing for 2 expansions in a row) on 21 june when you could actually enjoy summer peak and you're stuck inside playing on shit pc.

TL;DR if consistently doing the basic content, so a ToS clear, weekly chest, the big ap world quests and a few things here and there, you get about 1.5 traits a week,
    Not sustained, if you're above 1 trait per week then you'll get a few extra traits while slowing to a rate of 1 per week to match AK gains

At anything more than 1 trait per week the AP requirement increases faster than the AK so it's impossible to sustain
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-09-25 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    ap is a joke. the system should've been scrapped long before implementation
    So which wannabe hardcore raider in a guild that's actually ranked 30k+ in the world are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    The guilds competing for a world first are like 5 (the ones with actually a chance are probably 3), you really think those 120-130 people care if progress is during holiday or not? They would raid even if they mother died between pulls.

It's much much worse to release content (like they've been doing for 2 expansions in a row) on 21 june when you could actually enjoy summer peak and you're stuck inside playing on shit pc.
    yes they do care and if you think they'll raid on the 24th you're slightly delusional (only guild i could see doing that is the chinese streaming guild)
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2017-09-25 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    AP right now is kind of insignificant, you should be earning, by doing minimal effort, around 20-26 billion AP.

If Argus comes out the 15th of November, then the 4 weeks predating that will give you around 360 billion AP.
    (That includes all your WQ, ToS Clear, Caches, Weekly M 10, and weekly cache).

With current AP standings, only a few hundred people might have 75 traits when Antorus opens up and then it depends whether it was worth the farm or not, if you are really unlucky like me, my 950 relic rolled 3 defensive traits in the 3rd slot, so getting to 75 is going to grant me little until I replace the relic in Antorus itself.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-09-25 at 08:59 PM.

Just go hard a couple weeks b4 Antorus to maximize efficiency with AK, rather than burn urself out now with less AK.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Just go hard a couple weeks b4 Antorus to maximize efficiency with AK, rather than burn urself out now with less AK.
    this. anything u do now is very, very pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Farming is utterly pointless... all your effort you commit becomes passive easy gains the following week from the next AK level.

Just do whatever your usual routine is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    So which wannabe hardcore raider in a guild that's actually ranked 30k+ in the world are you?
    He has a fair point, I'm in a top 150 guild and we all think AP system isn't really fun. Not to mention many of the top guilds have said the exact same thing and most of them do not like the system at all. It's quite sad that even if Antorus is up for a year, we'll get to 86 traits at most, unless they bump the AK again in the future.

That makes the system even worse, something you can never cap just doesn't feel like a good system to me, and to many others.

what is everyones average traits unlocked currently? I'm at 63 and I'm a casual player that is turning into a hardcore raider again for the rest of this tier and the next one. Is 63 traits alright to have? I came back from a 7month break like 2 weeks ago

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    what is everyones average traits unlocked currently? I'm at 63 and I'm a casual player that is turning into a hardcore raider again for the rest of this tier and the next one. Is 63 traits alright to have? I came back from a 7month break like 2 weeks ago
    I'm nearly at 64 and I'm not doing anything other than weekly stuff and ~2 Class Hall missions a day.
    I do some Argus WQs now and then if they are very close to the waypoints every other day.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-09-25 at 09:51 PM.