Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    Agility trinkets are still our go-to for most situations single-target.
    For DPS you mean, right? I try to stick with Versatility and Mastery as defensive.

it's not like you use umbral moonglaives (the point of the discussion) for defense either lol

Hey everyone, pretty new to guardian druid and just had a quick question.

How many ilvls is our 2pc and 4pc worth? My 2pc is pretty high ilvl, but my other 2 pcs to make the 4pc are only around 900 ilvl.
    Would it be better to wear higher ilvl gear over the 4pc because of this?

For that matter, how many ilvls above does a piece of gear have to be to break my 2pc or 4pc bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kav View Post
    Hey everyone, pretty new to guardian druid and just had a quick question.

How many ilvls is our 2pc and 4pc worth? My 2pc is pretty high ilvl, but my other 2 pcs to make the 4pc are only around 900 ilvl.
    Would it be better to wear higher ilvl gear over the 4pc because of this?

For that matter, how many ilvls above does a piece of gear have to be to break my 2pc or 4pc bonuses?
    Count how many seconds per fight you don't have a stack of FR available.
    If it's high, go for 4pc, if it's low. Don't.
    No ilvl to be had here.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Count how many seconds per fight you don't have a stack of FR available.
    If it's high, go for 4pc, if it's low. Don't.
    No ilvl to be had here.
    @Kav I've been in basically the same position as you for a bit and I've been using the the method CenariusTheForestLord suggests and it's a good one. For me it's worked out to be me switching to 4pc in fights where we are really struggling and everyone is taking a lot of damage.

2p is decent if you get smacked and use FR at low hp frequently, but 4p gives you just one additional FR every 2 minutes or so, terrible. Not much reason to use it if you lose ilvl.

Deleted
    So, I just got a Ampoule of Pure Void http://www.wowhead.com/item=151312/a...497#dropped-by ilvl 955 from my weekly chest, with a socket and 652 leech. At ilvl 955, it gives 3,444 agility and the procc is 680,530 dmg (68k per tick that is).

I'm at the moment using a 860 arcano crystal (with a socket) and a stat stick with 2,604 agility and 1,296 vers, plus a socket. Is it worth swapping any of those two out for the new trinket?

Deleted
    Arcano is relatively poor for bears (as in relative to other specs), and this trinket is going to be amazing in aoe. You should sim to be sure, but I'd wager the ampoule comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbaal View Post
    So, I just got a Ampoule of Pure Void http://www.wowhead.com/item=151312/a...497#dropped-by ilvl 955 from my weekly chest, with a socket and 652 leech. At ilvl 955, it gives 3,444 agility and the procc is 680,530 dmg (68k per tick that is).

I'm at the moment using a 860 arcano crystal (with a socket) and a stat stick with 2,604 agility and 1,296 vers, plus a socket. Is it worth swapping any of those two out for the new trinket?
    The agi alone beats arcano, forget the damage it deals.

Quick update, been a bit busy with the MDI tournament and other things, nothing too much has really changed, a lot of people have been asking for my netherlight crucible opinion and preferences, so ill put it somewhere in the guide and right here.
    In my opinion currently, some nerfs could be heading the way of the top contenders like shadowbind/torment the weak/chaotic darkness but everythings within a few %dps difference so its not huge, mainly aiming for Thrash+Mangle relics with;
    Tier1 - Shadowbind/Torment the Weak/Chaotic Darkness >
    Tier2 -Secure in the Light/Infusion of Light >
    Tier3 -Shocklight/Dark Sorrows/Murderous Intent
    Tier4 - The rest

Happy to answer any questions regarding M+ aswell or the tournament in general, it was good fun and im pretty happy how druids played out in it overall, looking fowards to the Antorus, there seems to be a lot of magic damage which is a weak part of us, we were exceptionally strong in ToS primarily due to the fact that the damage was almost solely physical so it will be a bit of a shock to some how hard we get smacked in the next raid, but as long as it doesnt 1 shot frenzied regen is still insanely strong especially as we will most likely be carrying over a high ilvl 2p of the t20 set.

That's all for now thanks boys and keep thrashing, or moonfiring i guess for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a dumb question, but I do have a question about mythic Goroth... How can you get behind the spikes on time when you just dropped your explosion away from the group. I just cannot seem to make it with roar or with dash even.

How can you run fast enough? I haven't had the chance to survive that long on our last attempt to try feral affinity out for the 15% extra speed boost... Or does one just pray that they have SI available and just eat the blast with the knockback along with the debuffs?

I did consider taking the longer charge (from out T2 talents), but in order for that to work in getting behind the pillar I have to pop out of bear form so I would get "teleported" to my allies...

Any tips on this? Or should I just bench myself from the fight ^^ and sit on the sidelines with out pally tank? And have our few other player bring classes more suited for the fight?

The funniest thing is that even when I see that I am behind a pillar, I still end up flying (not having issues with it on other difficulties).
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-10-06 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    The probably easiest way to do it is to just have a BR ready or a rezz totem, if your raid has a resto shaman. A blessing of Spellwarding from your cotank might work as well.

With correctly set up warlock gates, you can just leg it to the other side of the room and be so far behind the pillars when you drop your debuff that it isn't an issue, but this depends on your ranges getting the pillars up rather close to the boss and you sometimes are out of range of all the healers which doesn't make it much better.

With the gear you have, you can probably just face tank it with SI and be happy. I never much liked that solution but it works. Shenanigans with caster form wild charge and/or priest grips are prone to going wrong and probably cost you more time progressing the boss then just keeping a rezz for the tank.

If you have access to a DK tank (I think warrior works as well), they can just use AMS (Spell reflect) to not get the damage taken increase and just take the Infernal Burning hit without much trouble. Makes the fight nicer, but it is in no way a necessity. If you decide to do that and you only use one of these tanks, you need to swap during one of the IB casts just before the tank debuff is applied. That way the overlaps line up well.

Depending on where people are standing and where the pillars are, it can be nearly impossible to do it (and if you do, you have to be suuuuper careful not to pop a pillar people are hiding behind).

What I do is just pop SI and ROTS right before the armor explosion, it'll be up for the armor explosion and the boss aoe and ROTS will make you immune to the knockback. You'll need some big healing for a little bit after, but a single healer and your own FR can keep you up for the next 10ish seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep forgetting that with ROTS you ain't flying anywhere. And if I don't have to soak the circle with my 300% damage debuff, I should have 2 SIs even. Take up feral affinity still (I usually use Balance one) or go with resto even?
    As for Warlock gates, depends does our cross realm warlock who raids HC with us transfers or not, though will the warlock gate transportation debuff be up for the next time the AoE comes?

I think I was gripped to my death once even, but most of the time priest(s) were too far away from me. And being out of healer range seems to be a constant...

However I think, that one of our other DPSers has a monk tank (which supposedly are good as well) and most probably getting our DK to tank (or him on his warrior) hopefully won't be an issue as well. But overall for the 1st kill or few to help the progress along, sitting out is feasable I guess, if w/o me and the pala tank we get 20 together .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    And if I don't have to soak the circle with my 300% damage debuff,
    You really shouldn't do that. The debuffed tank is pretty much the only person in the raid that shouldn't soak. I usually go with feral affinity, resto can be fine as well, especially if you run with the chest.

You should only get the overlap of the debuff and the aoe twice during the fight (around 2:10 and 4:30 if I recall correctly) and the debuffs should be on different tanks, so the gate shouldn't be a problem as you only have to use it once. There is no need to bench yourself AND the pally tank, as one tank can deal with the overlaps if the other one has issues in that departement. The short period we had a DK tank, he dealt with both of these overlaps and it wasn't even a problem. As a monk I find it a bit iffy, but you can definitely deal with it by setting up your transcendences correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    You really shouldn't do that. The debuffed tank is pretty much the only person in the raid that shouldn't soak. I usually go with feral affinity, resto can be fine as well, especially if you run with the chest.
    If I can manage (and not fuck my artifact usage) to "face soak" the thing then Resto would be more beneficial. However I do see the usage of the healing boots in this fight over Luffa's. Our healers are still learning and people fucking up, so tanks seem to get less attention. So I guess boots, resto affinity and chest would be a nice combination?

Deleted
    If you have 2 set, then chest and boots are pretty much the go to defensive setup. I started progression on all the fights with that other than maiden, where I ran Chest plus Dual Determination. If you notice that you don't drop low and don't need the defensives, you can still switch to luffa or something. Leg Trinket could be nice as well, now that I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    If you have 2 set, then chest and boots are pretty much the go to defensive setup. I started progression on all the fights with that other than maiden, where I ran Chest plus Dual Determination. If you notice that you don't drop low and don't need the defensives, you can still switch to luffa or something. Leg Trinket could be nice as well, now that I think about it.
    Thanks. If I get another shot at mythic I will swap to my boots

Cape + Shoulders a better setup for m+ over bracers/pants?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Cape + Shoulders a better setup for m+ over bracers/pants?
    Depends on the dungeon. I've found cape+shoulders very good for consistent high dps on both trash and bosses, in most dungeons.
    Luffas+incarn is better for particular areas (or affixes) that need burst dps. Eg: large teeming pull in HoV just before entering the dining hall, or bosses that need to die fast before a nasty mechanic kicks in.

Personally, I like being able to do reliable damage throughout all the dungeon, without being tied to a 3-minute cooldown that might not be ready for the boss/trash pull.