Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo RPG with open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Highly doubt it. WoW already has enough competition out in the MMO field as it is now. Why would Blizzard want to add to said competition?

Course, the original D3 (by the now-shuttered Blizzard North) was planned to be a MMO, so who knows.
    Because, either way, they get paid.

Starcraft MMO

FPS MMO

Space Marines vs Zealots vs Infested Zerg

Choose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    What are you talking about?

MMO doesn't mean anything other than to be online and allow LOTS of players to play simultaneously.
    Yes, it does. It means to allow LOTS of players to play simultaneously in the same instance. A persistent world might not be required, but its the easiest representation of it. A multiplayer game like Battlefield does allow lots of people to play on the same server, but it's still not tagged as an MMO. A game like LoL definitely isn't, as it only counts the 10 people in a single match.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I would F*****G LOVE a Diablo MMO.

Another cardgame or mobile cash grab seems more plausible tbh. I don't see what they could do with a diablo mmo that diablo itself couldn't do. They already have team play and forced online requirements, activision is already leaving behind puddly with goo of excitement..

New diablo Csrd game

"Town Portal"

I can see it now

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Another cardgame or mobile cash grab seems more plausible tbh. I don't see what they could do with a diablo mmo that diablo itself couldn't do. They already have team play and forced online requirements, activision is already leaving behind puddly with goo of excitement..
    Terms like "cash grab" are ridiculous. A cash grab is when something you absolutely have to have costs a stupid amount or is held at bay from you until you pay up. Nobody HAS to buy any game, ever, for any reason. It's never a cash grab. Unreasonable pricing? Maybe. But yea....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    New diablo Csrd game

"Town Portal"

I can see it now

Fans are already on it
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    Well then blizzard is stupid when they could double dip

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Why? Games like Witcher and Fallout and Skyrim sell - and sell a lot of copies.

And I hope for it because a Witcher type game in the Diablo Universe would be awesome. I'd pre-order it right now, if it was announced.
    Why should all games be homogenized? Witcher 3 is great, but why do we need another open world RPG, like so many games these days? Diablo is Diablo, it's not Skyrim. It's a massive IP with a massive following, changing one of the most important aspects of the game (top down perspective) is going to be too huge for Blizzard, and it wouldn't be a smart business move given how autistic most of their fanbase is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Well then blizzard is stupid when they could double dip
    Yeah, Blizzard wouldn't be crucified for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    still making good revenue but not even close of what it used to make, even with all the fancy mounts and pets on the store, story is getting to a point where there is no recognisable enemy or a expansion seller one, void is a good concept but is too meshy and vague without a really BIG bad enemy(or hero) to put in front of the game, and not talk the expansion after that expansion, lets get this straight WoW history is burn, it needs a new and fresh start, create a new starting point, and they cant do it launching more wow expansions , so they need a warcraft 4. not taking in consideration all the underused man power after starcraft 2 franchise end , RTS experts without any RTS to work on , or the constant limitations wow team have to face on a extremely dated engine and system like wow is
    They can't do it? Mists of Pandaria was a completely made up expansion out of left field. The lore overall was pretty good (baring some of the Pandaren lore). They're more than capable of creating new lore for WoW. For Christ sakes the original Everquest STILL gets expansions and its been out nearly 2 decades. To say that they're just going to drop WoW because "theres no big bads left" is the dumbest thing I've ever read. As much as I'd love a Diablo MMO it isn't happening. WoW shutting down isn't happening. Content is dropping faster than ever before and you think they'll just stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why should all games be homogenized? Witcher 3 is great, but why do we need another open world RPG, like so many games these days? Diablo is Diablo, it's not Skyrim. It's a massive IP with a massive following, changing one of the most important aspects of the game (top down perspective) is going to be too huge for Blizzard, and it wouldn't be a smart business move given how autistic most of their fanbase is.

- - - Updated - - -

I really doubt they care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think its going to be more Destiny/less WoW.
    I think it's going to be more like Lost Ark if they are going in an MMO direction. Which may be like Destiny. Not sure as I didn't care for it to really delve much past the first hour or so of 1 or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    No two planks of wood big enough.

Deleted
    Browder left HotS some time ago to join another project - what could that be? He is more the RTS guy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I think it's going to be more like Lost Ark if they are going in an MMO direction. Which may be like Destiny. Not sure as I didn't care for it to really delve much past the first hour or so of 1 or 2.
    When I say destiny, I mean not a true mmo. Bordelands esque quests gear, action rpg still. Casters would play like an fps, melee would play like witcher 3 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No two planks of wood big enough.
    They got away with tripple dipping for years..

When I say destiny, I mean not a true mmo. Bordelands esque quests gear, action rpg still. Casters would play like an fps, melee would play like witcher 3 or something.
    Gotcha. I don't think a Diablo MMO would be in first person. I could be wrong though.

I think its going to be more Destiny/less WoW.
    Especially with Destiny being put on battle net I doubt it. Making a product competing with one of your own products does not seem like the smart choice for Activision. I would not be at all suprised to learn it was a major force for shuttering Titan.

Tossing my hat on the Lost Ark guess. Add an arena and wows mythic dungeon system and they probably have something resembling an esport they can try to milk.