Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love my Jack Russel.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Therapy dogs are working dogs. Also, Paris Hilton having some rat in her purse is not her having "companionship", that's just a toy. That's what I meant earlier.
    Yes, I know it is...but it exists because companionship is such a boon when it comes to dogs, without it being an actual job for it. It was to point out that owning a job 'for fun' is not a bad thing at all.

I'm not picky, though I do prefer medium to small dogs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    companionship is such a boon when it comes to dogs, without it being an actual job for it. It was to point out that owning a job 'for fun' is not a bad thing at all.
    Yeah, yeah it is. People owning dogs just to own dogs is why there are so many problems concerning dogs. If the only dogs in the world were owned by professionals, for work purposes, then there wouldn't be pounds full of dogs being murdered on a daily basis, there wouldn't be dogs biting, killing and eating people, and so on.

If a person is in such a fragile mental state that an actual, trained support dog is really required, then that's a good use of a dog. Otherwise, better to get a goldfish. Or a plant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dachshund. See my avatar. His name is Louis.

Rhodesian Ridgeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, imo.
    Sure, I mean, of course not. Until the dog is deemed to be too much of a hassle and then put down, of course. Or until the dog bites someone. Or, the dog is just mistreated for years by people who think they're treating it so amazingly well.

But I mean, as long as the owners think it's fun and as long as the owners are happy, there's nothing wrong with the situation.

Hounds.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Deleted
    i once owned an akita & for all the bad rap they get, mine was the total opposite.
    so friendly & playful, loved being around kids (they actually used to knock on the front door and asked to play with her) & she even liked other dogs.
    she was lovely & still very much missed.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2017-09-25 at 06:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    for me its a tie between Siberian husky and welsch corgis that's why I want a corgski its the cool looks of a husky with the convenient size of a corgi.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Chihuahuas. They have the heart of a warrior and are fiercely loyal. And despite the stereotype I have not found them to be "yappy".

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    Favourite Breed of Dog?

Ok lets lighten things up and ask what is your favourite breed of dog and why?

I have owned many breeds over the years but my favourites have to be the Border Collie and Chihuahuas!

My Border Collie was without doubt the most loving and most shockingly intelligent dog i ever owned he knew where all my candy was hidden and when he died it broke my Heart.

As for Chihuahuas i own 2 of them which was both my Late Stepmothers and even though they are yappy little shits they are without doubt the most funniest dogs i have ever owned and are incredibly loyal to me plus they are cute to boot.

So what is your favourite dog breed and why?
    Black or Blonde Labs imo. They won't bite you, even while they are barking. The last thing I want, is a dog I can't win a fight against, like a pit bull.

Deleted
    I love Mastiffs

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Chihuahuas. They have the heart of a warrior and are fiercely loyal. And despite the stereotype I have not found them to be "yappy".
    I know one who is as timid as could be possible. The name Ramses might not fit much with that one.

Border Collies & Australian Shepherd's. We have livestock & they fit well on our farm. Very intelligent & protective so they're good at their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutt, because I'm not a fan of the health problems caused by genetic failures that occur as a result of inbreeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gooooood I have tons of breeds that I like, but I LOVE these ones:

Doberman:

Boxer:

Springers:

Cocker Spaniel:

French Bulldog (Are you noticing a theme here? It's the ears!):

Saluki(AKA the Egyptian Longboy):

Vishla:

With all that said, and forgetting for just a second all the physical and ethical problems with purebreds...one day, when there's room in my daily schedule for training and exercise and I can finally afford one, I don't think I'd even make it as far as going to a breeder. I know that I'll walk into a shelter and walk out with someone who needs a forever home. <3

That doesn't mean that I can't love the look of these breeds however!
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-09-25 at 08:48 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, yeah it is. People owning dogs just to own dogs is why there are so many problems concerning dogs. If the only dogs in the world were owned by professionals, for work purposes, then there wouldn't be pounds full of dogs being murdered on a daily basis, there wouldn't be dogs biting, killing and eating people, and so on.

If a person is in such a fragile mental state that an actual, trained support dog is really required, then that's a good use of a dog. Otherwise, better to get a goldfish. Or a plant.
    No, it isn't. Most owners are responsible. Ofc, there are minorities of twats who get dogs and end up having to get rid of them, either by re-homing them or giving them over to a shelter. Also, people die. Or something happens to them that makes them unable to care for their pet, and they have to re-home them, either directly or via shelter. This can happen to anyone. Not just professionals. And then you have the shithead breeders, who're also responsible for shelter animals, if they even get that far in life. We could easily get into how certain breeds encourage horrible breeding patterns, and even more callous, money-grabbing 'designer hybrids' done by the same scummy breeders...

But, just to make a more specific stab... German. Shephards. Working dogs, that in some places have been marred with a very high tendency to hip dysplasia and banana-back. One of them is arguably more to be blamed on the show-ring, but they're still highly valued as working dogs.

Other than that, some dog species aren't suited for working in the capacity you think is required to own one...what about them? Should they be exterminated on your elitist whims? The majority of dogs are just fine being companions. And companion is a very broad term. There are dogs who're perfectly willing to be a couch-potato alongside you, enjoying tv and just wants to love and be loved, while others are perfect for active families who do a lot of exercise, like hiking or agility training. It benefits all involved. Dogs make people happier.

I think it's entirely terrible that so many animals go to kill shelters, but enforcing such draconic measures for ownerships is the wrong direction. Supporting no-kill shelters with donations or awareness and responsible ownership is the way to go. I'd arguably be in favor of people taking a course to own dogs, but that would be ridiculously complicated.

People have pets, and it will always be so. Banning or enforcing stupid limits to it will make it worse. Someone owning a dog for companionship, and then being found out under a rule like yours will result in even more dogs getting killed, because they may not be able to be re-trained for a working dog. And there aren't nearly enough workspace for dogs alone, mate...so where do they go, hm? Into the lasagna...? We could cut down on cows...

10+ Year Old Account

Don't have a dog can't have one but yep this is the one, I would name him Andy Matlock Griffith because I like that
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis