Thread: Multivitamins

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    Oh no, not the evil processed foods! Lol, no offense dude, but you sound like a total wacko
    Where did I say they're evil? I just said they're garbage. Processed "enriched" wheat has less fiber etc than whole wheat. Therefore, whole wheat is healthier than processed wheat. If that makes me sound like a "total wacko", then I guess science as a whole must really seem crazy to you.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    I've been a bit ill off and on this year. My family is trying to make me down multivitamins because they're convinced I'm lacking in nutrients. I was under the suspicious that multivitamins are not helpful and even dangerous to a degree. Seems like more bullshit peddled to people.

Thoughts?
    This is seriously the best one I have ever encountered. 100% natural vitamines, and no crap or high dosage etc.

https://www.powersupplements.eu/natural-multi

There went alot of thought and research into making that one.

/love

Grumpymuppet

So i have had numerous tests done and i have a few deficiencies so I take a multi vitamin daily, not to mention a few other vitamins cause my body sucks at absorbing vitamins.

So i would say take a multi vitamin and a B complex and go from there

Also. I am not a doctor, I just have health problems

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do think they have some merit, just not as much as they'd like to advertise. Most Westerners get a surplus of all of these nutrients in our diets already. The 2 areas they are good for are #1 as a catch-all to make sure that you aren't missing out on one vitamin in particular, and #2 for people that have a medical condition or diet where they really are lacking in a particular vitamin.

That said, you can easily have your doctor do blood work (and they should be doing this annually anyway for you), and they will tell you if you are low in 1 or 2 vitamins. Then it's easy enough to take a supplement for that specific one. That's probably better if you're low in something since the concentrations will be pretty low of anything in a multivitamin.

As far as them being harmful though, I don't really buy that either. Our bodies just use what it needs and urinates out the excess when it comes to vitamins and minerals. I suppose it's extra work on your kidneys, but I don't think a multivitamin does that nearly as much as our normal diets do. The exception would be the monster workout vitamin pack multivitamins you see that are like 7 pills in 1 pack that you take all at once. Those probably do more harm than good.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovich View Post
    I've been a bit ill off and on this year. My family is trying to make me down multivitamins because they're convinced I'm lacking in nutrients. I was under the suspicious that multivitamins are not helpful and even dangerous to a degree. Seems like more bullshit peddled to people.

Thoughts?
    With all of the studies, multivitamins are not dangerous unless you take some brand that pushes some individual vitamins to extremes.

In general, most multivitamins are harmless, and not particularly useful...primarily because vitamin elements themselves are bonded cheap. For example, most vitamins or multivitamins with calcium use calcium carbonate...something your body has a hard time breaking down, so you get something like only 20% of that calcium into your body anyways.

That said, you'll notice that doctors will always put pregnant women on multivitamins, so clearly there must be some benefit, even if it is small.

Basically, while they may not do much, they certainly won't hurt, and might even help a little if you really aren't eating well...and they don't cost much at all.

Vitamins aren't meds at all.
    Nothing wrong about a decent multi-vitamin. (which is most brands)
    If you're a young teen then you probably don't care. If older then one should be concerned about having a decent diet. (which should include a general multi-vitamin)
    If one has medical issues, then the person should always have a chat with a doctor about the right things to eat anyway.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I mean you generally shouldn't be taking vitamin supplements unless you actually need them as too much vitamin can be a detriment to your health.

If in doubt you should consult your doctor to see if you actually have a vitamin deficiency first.

In the nordic countries vitamin D deficiency is common during the winter period where the amount of daylight hours is much lower than during spring or summer.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-09-25 at 11:05 PM.

A general vitamin is fairly harmless when taken as directed. (Usually once a day)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I the nordic countries vitamin D deficiency is common during the winter period where the amount of daylight hours is much lower than during spring or summer.
    Yeah that's why they have added vitamin D to the milk over here.

I don't drink milk so I am eating the pills. :P

Just recently started eating the pills after a blood work check, I had a vitamin D deficiency (even during summer).
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Multivitamins are an expensive way way to make your piss more colourful. Eat a proper diet and they are pointless, even a bad diet doesn't need them.
    If they make your piss change colors then it at least means your body is absorbing them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Eating B-vitamin pills makes your piss smell so rancid.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

How your piss smells differs from person-to-person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How your piss smells differs from person-to-person.
    Ehh....

Take a sniff at B-vitamin pills. That's the smell of your piss after eating those pills.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ehh....

Take a sniff at B-vitamin pills. That's the smell of your piss after eating those pills.
    You sure you're taking Vitamin B pills? I'm using betolvidon and they don't smell anything nor does my urine smell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking a multivitamin to supplement things you are lacking is perfectly okay. There are lots of different ones to choose from depending on your needs. I have to take calcium every day in addition to my diet. Within the last two years, I've had to take iron, magnesium, potassium, and calcium pills (and probably some others). Just make sure what you pick is something that would actually be beneficial to you. You can go to your doctor to get a blood test to see if there is anything concerning that would require a supplement. If you are low on certain vitamins, it can really be bad for your health. For example, if your potassium is low, it can make you at risk for a heart attack. I was kept at the hospital for 2 days longer last year because my potassium was too low. Also, those pills are giant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    You sure you're taking Vitamin B pills? I'm using betolvidon and they don't smell anything nor does my urine smell.
    Google "b vitamin smell" and be amazed. :P

That betolvidon probably has some single b vitamin that doesn't smell.

Ehh....

Nope.
    Smells like...piss to me.
    Maybe you should talk to your doctor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Nope.
    Smells like...piss to me.
    Maybe you should talk to your doctor.
    Do your pills contain B-6?

If they do, go have your nose checked.

Do your pills contain B-6?

If they do, go have your nose checked.
    Quite a bit actually.
    As I posted earlier, every person is different.
    Maybe you should face that fact.

Oh...and stop smelling your piss.
    Or anyone else's.