Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beagle

Had one for 15 years. Kids being kids tugged his ears, pulled his tail, tried to ride him.

He never snapped at anyone.

He died about a year ago, and my wife is ready to get a new one

My labrador! ( he was corrupted by the fel!! Damn you Sargeras!)

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    With all that said, and forgetting for just a second all the physical and ethical problems with purebreds...one day, when there's room in my daily schedule for training and exercise and I can finally afford one, I don't think I'd even make it as far as going to a breeder. I know that I'll walk into a shelter and walk out with someone who needs a forever home. <3

That doesn't mean that I can't love the look of these breeds however!
    You can find purebreds in shelters too. ^^ Adoption is a great thing to do for a dog though, purebred or not. Although, if you plan on using a dog for anything work-related, it will most likely require a pedigree. And there are ethical breeders about, just do your research, look up a club for your target breed and ask about.

Basenji. Nothing else is of consideration. Literally, the troll-ist breed of dog.
    Last edited by Wallmaker Yahzarah; 2017-09-25 at 09:12 PM.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Love Staffies and Springer Spaniels.

Yorkshire Terriers

Why? Never had a dog , but my Nan had a Yorkshire Terrier that lived to 15 and was born the same year as me. That dog was the life of the room and everyone in our quite big family looked forward to seeing it any time they visited my nan's house.

If I was to get a dog it would be one of these for sure. Small enough that they won't be like a fucking whirling tornado in your house when hyper, but big enough to not have all of those weird issues that pugs / Chihuahuas tend to have.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-09-25 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite dogs are the ones that have been fucked up the least through selective inbreeding. Some breeds that people find cute and cuddly should just die out, as their very existence is just animal abuse.

That's not my dog.

Standard Poodle. They don't shed, really smart, fun to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    My favorite dogs are the ones that have been fucked up the least through selective inbreeding. Some breeds that people find cute and cuddly should just die out, as their very existence is just animal abuse.
    Yeah, as a guy who watched his cat die to throat cancer that crept up out of nowhere, I have no fucking idea how these people willingly adopt a dog that will have similar breathing issues and live with it for years on end.

You're basically buying something that is guaranteed to be miserable on some level, and die in agony after several years of frequent surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They're so cute when they don't have that poodle cut.
    It's a travesty what some people do to them, but the grin they give in the shaggy haircut is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post

That's not my dog.

Standard Poodle. They don't shed, really smart, fun to play with.
    I knew someone who used their king poodle for hunting. It was very...special...to watch.

Only saw it once. But it was a sight to behold.

Beagles are my favorite dog! They're cute from puppies and even to their old age. I will always cherish the memories of the beagles in my life.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Neapolitan Mastiff

Most days. Most breeds are mixed breeds. There arent awhole lot of pure breeds. Like pointers, bloodhounds and greyhounds are of the same family but domesticated down to someone, at some point, liking.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

My favorite breeds are Doberman Pinscher's, Beauceron's, Belgian Malinois, Dutch Shepherd's, and Korean Jindo's.

I love my Australian shepherds. Super smart, very gentle and kind, great with routine, and can be trained to do a ton of different tasks. Plus they are a huge help if you have animals like goats, chickens, etc. helps keep the dogs and the other animals out of trouble. They are super chill too if you get one that's not been over bred for show/agility/vanity. Ours all come from working farms that use them as they were meant to be. They are also good with mixing into other working breeds like a border collie.

at the end of the day though, all doggos are good doggos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernese Mountaindogs. I have one (first dog) and wouldn't ever want to get anything else (exept maybe a Husky...)
    As someone who had no experience with dogs, a Bernese Mountaindog was an eye-opener on how sociable and family friendly a dog can be.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Dobermans and German Shepards

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I knew someone who used their king poodle for hunting. It was very...special...to watch.

Only saw it once. But it was a sight to behold.
    I had one when I was a kid. They were originally bred to be waterfowl dogs. Strong retrieve drive, really smart. Supposed to like water, but mine hated it. That dog was awesome though.