Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Spoilers] is the "lord of the ravens" Sargeras?

Sargeras at a time possessed Medivh and by extension is the Lord of the ravens. If this is true wouldn't "The lord of the ravens will turn the key" be pointing towards Sargeras stabbing azeroth before his imprisonment?

To add on to that, wouldn't the "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path" line be a reference to us using the pillars to open the way to (indirectly) Argus which would in turn set the Lord of the ravens business in motion along with ushering in the 3rd death of Azeroth (Sargeras stabbing it)

"Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path" is about the keepers i think

It definitely seems likely Sargeras stabs Azeroth on the way out. Someone datamined an audio file of Dadgar talking about it coming in 7.3.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnSCUcYMSco

Considering the audio short with Alleria, i am not sure whether whether all of these prophecies may come true.

One of them? sure, all of them? Unlikely.

Shadow / void based visions also shows the shadow's desire, which is a different thing that what will actually happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    Sargeras at a time possessed Medivh and by extension is the Lord of the ravens. If this is true wouldn't "The lord of the ravens will turn the key" be pointing towards Sargeras stabbing azeroth before his imprisonment?

To add on to that, wouldn't the "Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path" line be a reference to us using the pillars to open the way to (indirectly) Argus which would in turn set the Lord of the ravens business in motion along with ushering in the 3rd death of Azeroth (Sargeras stabbing it)
    It is pretty clear, that the current lord of ravens is either Anzu or Khadgar. Mevidh might have been the lord before, but he is dead and Khadgar have taken the mantle.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

In Norse mythology the god Odin was sometimes referred to as "Raven-god" due to the fact that he was accompanied by two ravens, constantly scouting the world.

I believe there is someone similar in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    In Norse mythology the god Odin was sometimes referred to as "Raven-god" due to the fact that he was accompanied by two ravens, constantly scouting the world.

I believe there is someone similar in Legion.
    That would be Odyn in his vrykul disguise. So Odyn may inadvertently or purposely(Decides to act like an idiot) usher in the Old God's coming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The Five Keys (Pillars pf Creation) already lit the way by changing our fate and giving the Old Gods a path to Azeroth. The Lord of Ravens (Khadgar atm) already turned the key by opening the way to Argus and setting things in motion so that Sargeras will no longer be an obstacle for the Old Gods. Now all that remains is for Sylvanas to kill herself and usher in their coming (third death while guarded by Val'kyr).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That would be Odyn in his vrykul disguise. So Odyn may inadvertently or purposely(Decides to act like an idiot) usher in the Old God's coming.
    Well, there was all that shit with Helya...
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It is pretty clear, that the current lord of ravens is either Anzu or Khadgar. Mevidh might have been the lord before, but he is dead and Khadgar have taken the mantle.
    He's not technically dead afaik. Iirc he returned as the Prophet to warn the world in WC3 and then he just sort of peaced out again, whether he is out somewhere in the world as a protector of sorts, or a spirit, is not entirely clear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    He's not technically dead afaik. Iirc he returned as the Prophet to warn the world in WC3 and then he just sort of peaced out again, whether he is out somewhere in the world as a protector of sorts, or a spirit, is not entirely clear.
    But from the point of view of Blizzard, he is written out of the story and Khadgar have taken his place. Sure, he has been used in small areas and resently Karazhan, but very little time was focused on him and he was kind of used like a basic lore-interaction instead of having a clear introduction of him as a new character.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would not be anzu
    it would be khadgar, or Odyn, as he has alot of ravens, he sends them to come find you
    and in norse mythology odin was the lord of ravens
    and im tired so i may not be 100% but i should be close
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It would not be anzu
    it would be khadgar, or Odyn, as he has alot of ravens, he sends them to come find you
    and in norse mythology odin was the lord of ravens
    and im tired so i may not be 100% but i should be close
    Odin is not really lord of ravens in norse myth. He just have 2 raven advisors, Hugin and Munin. The game might interprit him as the lord of ravens though, but i would say, that Khadgar is more connected with his ravenform then Odyn is with his raven messengers.
    If i know Blizz lore, and i think i do, then it is pretty clear, that if they use the name "lord of ravens", they would refer to Khadgar and his raven form.

"The lord of the ravens will turn the key" - in order to lock the prison, you need to turn the key. I am assuming Khadgar, powered by Amanthul(time) will lock Illidan and the Pantheon together with Sargeras.

"Five torches to light our path" may refer to the remaining members of the pantheon (5 of them) telling us to go and stop the imminent threat on Azeroth and protect the sleeping titan.

One of the many leaks that were tossed around on mmochampion during the "expansion leaks crazyness" mentioned "rivers of blood on azeroth", perhaps the 3rd death will cause the corruption to fully sweep across Kalimdor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Odin is not really lord of ravens in norse myth. He just have 2 raven advisors, Hugin and Munin. The game might interprit him as the lord of ravens though, but i would say, that Khadgar is more connected with his ravenform then Odyn is with his raven messengers.
    If i know Blizz lore, and i think i do, then it is pretty clear, that if they use the name "lord of ravens", they would refer to Khadgar and his raven form.

RAVEN GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, nah. I would believe that 'Lord of ravens' would mean more than just a one time controlling.

We currently have three-four characters connected to the term, 'ravens'?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Nope, my bet is on Odin - just think back what Helya tells you about him, while fighting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nope, my bet is on Odin - just think back what Helya tells you about him, while fighting her.
    And here's what his Val'kyr say when you click them:

I dwell in the shadowlands.
    I serve a greater power.
    Death cannot stop me.
    One day I may come for you.
    We will meet again soon.

Rather ominous for something so "pure".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    The Five Keys (Pillars pf Creation) already lit the way by changing our fate and giving the Old Gods a path to Azeroth. The Lord of Ravens (Khadgar atm) already turned the key by opening the way to Argus and setting things in motion so that Sargeras will no longer be an obstacle for the Old Gods. Now all that remains is for Sylvanas to kill herself and usher in their coming (third death while guarded by Val'kyr).
    I thought (well, not thought, saw on MMO-Champion haha) that the 3 'deaths' could now refer to Azeroth herself - that being the Sundering, the Cataclysm and finally a good old stabbing by Sargeras in Silithus.

The 'death' part may not be as literal as Sylvanas, but if we take the 'prophecies' in a symbolic sense, it can apply to her too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

RAVEN GOD
    Yeah, don't take Wikipedia as a reliable source There is literally a guy in Norse myth called Crowfather, so that position is not for Odin. He is many things, but not depicted as god of ravens.

Take it from a dane with a master in history, we re pretty much breastfeed with the stories of Thor, Loki and Odin from childbirth.

Edit: But Blizzard might also be people, who take knowledge from Wikipedia, so they might have given him that name in WoW, eventhough it is not accurate with his depiction in Norse myth.