Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    You and the entirety of the 2h enhancement shaman playerbase
    Auran magic is specifically meant to speed you up. Its actually a viable school for Shamans or Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    'I like being beaten, nothing is wrong with me!'
    Beaten how?

Well 3 more weeks until we get the full Blizzcon schedule. can speculate some more then. i wonder if we gonna get something inbetween those weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    Well 3 more weeks until we get the full Blizzcon schedule. can speculate some more then. i wonder if we gonna get something inbetween those weeks.
    Nothing feels better than seeing that "WoW what's next?" panel listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Beaten how?
    Enjoying the RNG in Legion is equal to being beaten. Thats the joke.

inb4 offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    FFS this shit was proven fake by the guy who made it.
    Did you miss, or just choose not to see the part where he mentioned that he knows the creator came out and said it was fake? Maybe read a full post before responding?
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I assume Night Elves would get a Highborne of sorts as a subrace. How that would be differentiated I have no damn clue. Maybe different animations and voices.

Dwarves aren't that difficult: Frostborn(Those Dwarves in Northrend), Wildhammer, Dark Iron and Earthen
    I mean the issue with that is Highborne are already part of the NElves, and look the exact same.

Unless we're talking like Nightborne, though without finishing the Suramar chain it looks like they end up siding more with the Horde based in Silgryn heading to the Vindicar with Liadrin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Enjoying the RNG in Legion is equal to being beaten. Thats the joke.

inb4 offended.
    For you, maybe. I find the RNG quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm with you man. Some people just enjoy being abused or are so blinded by the "Blizz can do no wrong" way of life. Anyone who enjoys this level of RNG really needs to take a long hard look at themselves. They're essentially gambling addicts.
    Ah yes, the "anyone who likes something I don't is just a fanboy!" argument. And please, "gambling addicts"? Enjoying something is an addiction now? It's a video game for Christ's sake. Just because you don't like something most humans do, doesn't mean you need to start throwing around nonsensical claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Nothing feels better than seeing that "WoW what's next?" panel listed there.
    Yup i wonder how many wow panels we're gonna get, and how many diablo panels they're gonna be this blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah yes, the "anyone who likes something I don't is just a fanboy!" argument. And please, "gambling addicts"? Enjoying something is an addiction now? It's a video game for Christ's sake. Just because you don't like something most humans do, doesn't mean you need to start throwing around nonsensical claims.
    Meanwhile the lootboxes mysteriously go away in China because SURPRISE the government calls it gambling.

SURPRISE: All these developers hired literal gambling experts to assist with the creations of these systems.

SURPRISE: Its actually gambling.

As someone who had an actual gambling problem, this is literally gambling except without the cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile the lootboxes mysteriously go away in China because SURPRISE the government calls it gambling.

SURPRISE: All these developers hired literal gambling experts to assist with the creations of these systems.

As someone who had an actual gambling problem, this is literally gambling except without the cards.
    We're talking Wow, not Overwatch. I'm not a fan of the fetish Blizz has for lootboxes but apparently it works >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The key word here was addiction. Of course it's a form of gambling, it's RNG. Pretty obvious.
    The issue here is the "I don't like RNG so you better not like it either because I don't want you to!" not whether or not RNG is RNG. (hint: it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We're talking Wow, not Overwatch. I'm not a fan of the fetish Blizz has for lootboxes but apparently it works >.>
    Both systems are designed the exact same way fam. Overwatch actually works because the games original design had the loot boxes built in. These systems do not work in WoW, ESO, GW, CoD because the games WERE NOT DESIGNED to have them in place. Fuck the MMOs themselves were designed to BE the Gambling themselves. Its why loot works the way it does. Its why they had to eventually add in 'Welfare Gear' because the RNG was so awful it was unfun. The EXACT same thing is going to happen again except this time its a system that was doomed to fail from the start. I get lots of shit for my attitude towards WoW and Blizzard, but I actually think in this case they don't realize what this is doing to the game directly. They know its done something because instead of reporting player numbers they now report activity numbers, that signals they are trying to start using the crates/boxes/wq's as proof of the games life, which is bullshit. Little jimmy who has no job and dropped out of 9th grade spends his entire life grinding crates while Paula Deen spends 30 minutes a day going to Argus and completing world quests. Between both of us, I am average, but because little jimmy's dumbfuck parents don't care that he is an outright loser he brings the entire games retention rate way the fuck up.

This thread is dead!

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    This thread is dead!
    What is dead may never die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Looool.

Get em' Paula.

Can't believe people refuse to acknowledge to correlation between reporting on "time played" instead of sub numbers and the INSANE amounts of gambling and RNG now present in the game.

Of course we have Ion the Lying Lawyer heading the team too.

You should all be praying 8.0 is a return to form. Literally praying.
    Definitely agreeing with you and Paula on this, the game became more addicting with all that RNG and it's definitely a "form" of gambling.

It's interesting because it seems like they have been taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. For instance the Paragon boxes. Awful low drop chance on mounts when initially added.

In Argus that part appears to be significantly improved. From the few people who truly abused the BoA rep tokens to their fullest extent, there is a guaranteed cosmetic reward from the boxes. Either one of the 3 mounts or a toy. So it's easier to be content. Not that hard to get one of those armored Elekk mounts.

The mana ray egg mounts are annoying rng on top of rng but at least it's a pretty high drop chance for mounts compared to the green proto Drake mounts. Not that much effort to get at least one.

But then there's the transmog weapon and armor sets. They are so ridiculously rare. I've done a ton of invasions and killed tons of rares and there are still some weapon models I don't have a single variation for. I get those are not as popular as things like mounts and such, but there's just no reason for those to be that rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    In Argus that part appears to be significantly improved.
    Its an illusion. As you go on to mention later about one of 3 mounts. The rate isn't improved the amount of chances you have per box to get an item are improved. Instead of 1 chance of 1% Its 3 chances of 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It's interesting because it seems like they have been taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. For instance the Paragon boxes. Awful low drop chance on mounts when initially added.

In Argus that part appears to be significantly improved. From the few people who truly abused the BoA rep tokens to their fullest extent, there is a guaranteed cosmetic reward from the boxes. Either one of the 3 mounts or a toy. So it's easier to be content. Not that hard to get one of those armored Elekk mounts.

The mana ray egg mounts are annoying rng on top of rng but at least it's a pretty high drop chance for mounts compared to the green proto Drake mounts. Not that much effort to get at least one.

But then there's the transmog weapon and armor sets. They are so ridiculously rare. I've done a ton of invasions and killed tons of rares and there are still some weapon models I don't have a single variation for. I get those are not as popular as things like mounts and such, but there's just no reason for those to be that rare.
    tl;dr: Give everything to everyone.

Seriously, are you actually complaining about cosmetical stuff that isnt even needed to progress your character?

Relatedly to RNG and 8.0, I still am having a hard time theorizing what their solution is to titanforging making new raid fight kills feel unrewarding. Sounds like TF is sticking around so it'll have to be something creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post

Seriously, are you actually complaining about cosmetical stuff that isnt even needed to progress your character?
    That seemed like what was being discussed. Eg, Overwatch lootboxes and the paragon chests. Those are only cosmetic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post

Legendaries are cosmetic. TODAY ON LFR RAIDERS ANONYMOUS.