View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    He wasn't talking about vanilla, he was probably talking about wrath.
    ??? The quote literally states vanilla rage model. Additionally the other part of the quote talks about avoidance being a problem with rage generation. This was never a huge problem in wrath, where in vanilla tanks would actually unequip pieces of gear for lesser content or swap between 1h and 2h to negate shield armor for rage.

5+ Year Old Account
    As much as I loved his willingness and openness towards the community, his "bring the player, not the class" motto has harmed the game beyond measure. It was not immediately noticeable (OMG I HAZ RAID SPOTZ WITH RET PALA), but it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.
    100% agreed. You know a good place to read tweets? Twitter. Not MMO-Champion.

He has deep insight into gaming theory, I like seeing his tweets: informative, educational and relevant on a gaming site.

They aren't "becoming annoying", they were annoying from day 1. Just skip them like we all do.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I feel like a lot of people keep asking him questions because they're trying to "bait" him into saying that "he screwed up WoW," or "WoW isn't as good as it was before" to give their gripes and moans some stinted form of "legitimacy."

GC, however, has remained optimistic and truthful in his responses in basically stating "we've always done what we felt was right at the time, and we generally stick by that" or "well from a design perspective we never really wanted what you're describing you thought you had" (His thoughts on the so-called "sandbox" aspect of WoW come to mind.)

Leaving those haters wanting. Which also, of course, causes them to ask more questions so they can finally say "ah-HAH! I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!"
    I think it has more to do with Blizzard's lack of communication.

Outside of their once every few month Q&A videos with cherry picked softball questions meant to market a patch, Twitter, and their community managers arguing with people complaining on the official forums... They don't say anything. There is little to no insight into their intentions, their decision making process, their process for receiving and interpreting feedback, etc...

Ghostcrawler is an open book and offers insight there where Blizzard offers none...

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    He is an amazing dev with top tier communication skills and loves sharing his ideas and opinions on things.
    I very much agree. He has a lot of interesting game dev insight to share, much of which is either directly or indirectly applicable to WoW, and he's excellent at articulating it in a concise and straightforward manner. Given that MMO-C isn't exactly overwhelmed with news content on a regular basis, I think his posts are a very welcome addition to the front page.

I actually agree with the OP. I miss Greg, I really do, but his Tweets are no longer useful.

You see, MMOC has no gamergurl with bright pink hair to make video reviews for them, so they must fill the front page with other stuff.

It is funny though, how it's now called "developer tweets" instead of Ghostcrawler like it used to be.

Time to remove the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's why people keep asking him questions. They want to prove their "back in my day!" viewpoints by trying to bait an answer out of him.
    This is the point of the thread and the poll, what he has to say it's no longer relevant or interesting, it's just the same he has been saying since he left WoW.
    I hardly find that newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    He is an amazing dev with top tier communication skills and loves sharing his ideas and opinions on things. That's pretty fucking offensive, take it down now mmo-c.
    Not sure if serious or sarcasm. Anyway I'm gonna bite. If you think he has top tier communication skills, the blog "Wow, Dungeons are Hard!" would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's annoying because the people who want his posts on the front page are the same guys that whine about those that want classic realms, so they're just as bad because they're just as stuck in the past as the Nostalrius gang.

Ghostcrawler hasn't been relevant ever since he quit Blizzard, and it's about fucking time we leave it be. They can go follow his twitter or dev tracker if they want to see his posts.
    I'd literally take a sponsored ad over Ghostcrawler's posts any day now. I do like the guy, but I'd rather have them put up an ad or ACTUAL BLIZZARD EMPLOYEE TWEETS instead of a guy who quit like 100 years ago.
    This so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Likely wandering around the Arizona desert in tattered rags screaming unintelligible profanities at coyotes and random rock formations.
    That made me laugh harder than it should've.

OT: Don't like it scroll by it. /thread

Ya' know when I dislike something or disagree with something, I tend to not read it, look at it or acknowledge it.

I voted NO on the poll but let me explain why ^^, he just points his opinion doubt anyone actually care about his idea of wow (including me) since its been years since he left,i never liked him when he was a part of blizzard i still dont like him cause of what i said above :P, he has the right to voice his opinion same way we have the right to ignore it .

Yes, the tweets are becoming annoying.

Stop them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont care that much either way but it's getting pretty weird. I mean, let's say WoW is around 10 years from now and so is this site. Will they still post his thoughts 15 years after he left WoW?

"But he's a game developer with interesting insights!"
    Exactly.

This is called "it is a slow news day and we have nothing to post so lets post some BS".

This has to stop. (Or it can continue, I don't care, the forum is dying and this is just one more sign.)

PS: I have always commented highly of GC, but this isn't about him, it is about overdoing it 100x with his tweets. Leave the guy alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm posting in an epic unforgettable thread.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Yeah they're annoying, but not because it's GC, but because of the people asking the questions.

Like can they let it go already, what do they hope to gain from asking him questions about wow at this point.

Imagine leaving a job for a new one but instead of moving on you're stuck answering questions about your old job because some nerds can't seem to let go of the past.

GC wasn't perfect due to being too subjective ("I like it - therefore others should like it too"), but at least he was better, than current developers, who simply ignore all feedback and keep complete radio silence - just let some CM pop on forums from time to time to throw some silly argument and go hiding from players again.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-09-26 at 07:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

He's worked in the industry a long time doing a few different jobs, and he has a way with words. Of course you need to take his current level of knowledge into consideration when reading anything but I think he does offer interesting views.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    MMO-C actually had a poll asking readers if they would like his tweets and shorter blog posts on the front page and the majority wanted that.
    If you don't like it, don't read it.