Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm nearly at 64 and I'm not doing anything other than weekly stuff and ~2 Class Hall missions a day.
    I do some Argus WQs now and then if they are very close to the waypoints every other day.

cool thank you so I'm not really behind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    I cancelled my sub until something new other than AP grinding comes out. (M+ and Raids got boring at this point)
    This is a bit daft. Have you guys seen the scaling on AP? Antorus isn't expected for over a month. A month from now we'll be earning AP at FIVE times the speed we're currently earning it at. Two months from now, ten times as fast. Until we know for sure when the raid is landing it's a bit foolish to assume you'll be required to play religiously to have all the traits by then.

Adding that very last trait at 75 is very likely in the noise so to speak. In other words, you won't notice the difference. Adding the last two might be measurable although still likely swamped by variations in game play. And all that assumes that you've got a good rolls on the level 3 relic slots. So the upshot is, get 66 and then do what's comfortable to continue to accumulate AP. No reason to stress and burn out. The added versatility between 66 and 75 will also be helpful but still no reason to push yourself to the wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    yes they do care and if you think they'll raid on the 24th you're slightly delusional (only guild i could see doing that is the chinese streaming guild)
    Dude, you're talking about guilds (top 4) that during TOS progression raided 14hours a day for 2 weeks straight and asked work permits for that, if you think they'd take a break on the 24 you have no clue.

dont care mechanics and execution are always more important, at least you are in top 5 guilds and asumming antourus gonna have another huge dps check like avatar is not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    what is everyones average traits unlocked currently? I'm at 63 and I'm a casual player that is turning into a hardcore raider again for the rest of this tier and the next one. Is 63 traits alright to have? I came back from a 7month break like 2 weeks ago
    Just hit trait 72 in affliction...3 more to go

https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...halas/Ojoverde

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Highmaul wasn't a tier, Cata release isn't a tier. So please mate tell me when they released a tier raid a week before a holiday.
    Highmaul was a raid though?????

And Cata release came with the raids which were a tier???

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that releasing a raid around a holiday is somehow a big no-no compared to releasing an entire expansion? I'd assume the expansion is way worse. And why does it matter when they release a raid tier?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    That makes the system even worse, something you can never cap just doesn't feel like a good system to me, and to many others.
    Like titanforging? Cuz that shit bothers me. I want reasonably obtainable BiS lists back man.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Just hit trait 72 in affliction...3 more to go

https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...halas/Ojoverde
    So what is the secret of farming so much AP? This is literally 10 times more than an average player or so.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    You do not get to tell me what genre of games I play and are for me. I played WoW since BETA vanilla, and WQ's are a very, very recent invention. I don't know what kind of cheats or hacks you installed to do an entire two continents worth of WQ's in 40 minutes but I'm gonna call bullshit.
    Ive played that long also, WQ's came out in TBC and 40m to do ALL ap quests plus rares on argus is pretty reasonable actually. Do them in a group or use wq group finder, makes dailies go super fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So what is the secret of farming so much AP? This is literally 10 times more than an average player or so.
    Clear all ap quests everytime they pop, kill all the rares on argus(they soft reset every 4hrs so you can kill every rare daily), do all invasions(they soft reset every 2 hours after you do them), clear raids, do a lot of m+. Just hit 71 doing this myself.

OP - you need NOT to farm AP, same as always.

The maths will do the work for you. Just doing the basic content will get you around 1 rank a week.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

We're going to be at 50 AK by time Antorus and 51 before Mythic.

The AP you're getting now is pitiful to the AP you will be getting in the weeks closer to Antorus.

Anyone going hard on AP right now truly must have nothing else interesting to do. They will hit the same wall as everyone else, it's not a linear curve and their advantage quickly go's away the more and more AK we get.

Just do your normal routine, and if you're player who plays a few hours a week outside of raids you'll be fine.

I starting farming moderately hard (if that makes sense) on my main maybe 10 days before 7.3 launched. He's 68 now. I do almost all the AP WQs that are over 100m, clear H, do a bit of M, tank a fair amount of M+, and stay on top of rotating table missions. I have three alts who are around 63; I take turns with them when I'm caught up on my main.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    First off you're claiming to know the date of when Antorus is coming out when nobody is sure. So you shouldn't do that.

Secondly, you'll get 75 very easily by just WQing every day before November if you actually put the time into your artifact.
    if they follow the 77 day pattern thats the release date

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    AP is a huge success, keeps the average player playing. Nobody cares about 0,1% mythic raiders that want everything at once ASAP.
    Is there any info to back up that statement?

I consider myself an average player and skip WQ with ap rewards, I go for those with order hall resources, gear, relics and sometimes gold if it's high enough. I feel I get enough AP as an added bonus by just playing what I find fun, after lvl 55ish it doesn't feel worth actively getting more.

Only time I farm AP is when an alt gets a new weapon and I push it to 50+, but that take no time at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    This is a bit daft. Have you guys seen the scaling on AP? Antorus isn't expected for over a month. A month from now we'll be earning AP at FIVE times the speed we're currently earning it at. Two months from now, ten times as fast. Until we know for sure when the raid is landing it's a bit foolish to assume you'll be required to play religiously to have all the traits by then.
    This is not quite right. In a month (4 weeks) we'll be earning AP 2.86 times what we do now. In two months (9 weeks) we'll be earning 10.6 times what we do now.

If you want to be bored out of yourself, then sure, proceed.

But I feel like this is too pointless to try to get to. We will get more AK which will help make it easier. Just play the game, don't worry about getting the 75 points at the 1st, 2nd or 3rd week. It won't make that huge of a difference.

Unless, of course, you are a super duper mythic raider that wants to be top 10 in the world. Then you probably know already what you have to do.

Not only have I never grinded AP, I've pumped a lot of it into my offspecs just to get Power Ascended done for extra mount skins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    what is everyones average traits unlocked currently? I'm at 63 and I'm a casual player that is turning into a hardcore raider again for the rest of this tier and the next one. Is 63 traits alright to have? I came back from a 7month break like 2 weeks ago
    I am 66 and i was playing few hours / week outside of raids. Done some WQs and 1m+ and TOS hc. I am pretty sure that at high AK i am going to 75, but right now, farming makes no sense. I even dont log ib for 2 days if i dont have time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not only have I never grinded AP, I've pumped a lot of it into my offspecs just to get Power Ascended done for extra mount skins...
    Then you are a little behind. But who cares? We are 8/9 mythic and have guys with only 61 traits. I think that it is too low, but our raid lead doesnt care. For Avatar you need guys doing mechanics. If few persons deal 1% less dps, noone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Then you are a little behind. But who cares? We are 8/9 mythic and have guys with only 61 traits. I think that it is too low, but our raid lead doesnt care. For Avatar you need guys doing mechanics. If few persons deal 1% less dps, noone cares.
    Oh I'm way behind, then again if I wanted to start Mythic raiding again AP would be the least of my concerns aha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope they don't follow the 77 day release schedule, but that's just me wanting the raid to be released after Christmas.

Regardless if you want to make efficient use of you time, just go hard as you can several weeks before the patch, and basically AFK now. Every week is 30% better than the previous week.

If you just do ToS, a single M+, and only knock out the giant AP WQ (which doesn't take that much time to do), you should get between 1-2 traits a week. I assume it's going to be much like 52 was when ToS was out, with people who cared about raiding in any capacity having it right before ToS launched. At the very least, giant gains are done after 75, so you have that to look forward too.