Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always found Pandaria really great and I tend to consider it WotLK 2.0

+ Immersive storylines and well designed zones and raids - ToES is so beautiful !
    + Class design at its best, talents trees finally removed for some real choice depending on the encounters or situations
    + Artwork
    + Game consistency : dailies, reputations, scenarios, Flex raiding, legendary quest line, new zones at every patch: Krasarang, IoT and TI

- felt kinda out of place in the Warcraft universe, but on the other hand, it felt good to get something new and different than dragons and orcs

I really enjoyed as much playing MoP than I did playing WotLK which was when I started. Cata was good overall but I guess it's because it's when I met the people I'm still playing with today. WoD was some utter garbage pile of disgusting crap that made me discard Legion for long. For now after a month and a half of Legion, I'm enjoying it but not as much as MoP because of some inherent design flaws - class design even though I love the three Priest spec identities and RNG.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2017-09-26 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damm, times fly like crazy. I rememeber i was week before starting my 2nd year in college when mop released...fast forward to present, im starting my 4th job in IT Alot of great my memories from mop as it was my prime time as a heroic raider (Throne of Thunder <3), but tbh now i cant imagine raiding 4-5 days a week for 3-4 hours like i used to. Also imo that's the reaseon why less and less ppl raiding mythic, i mean as we get older free time became way more precious , and i can't imagine after sitting 8h before pc at work to get home at 6-6:30 pm and login for raid at 7-8 pm to sit before pc for next 4hrs.

Also i admit i was in "edge" camp and not like pandas (well still to this day i didn't even roll pandaren once, just to see their starting zone, but that's why monk class halls felt to me so refreshing and new i guess ), but overall expac was great.

BTW: Warriors do you remeber start of the mop with "unstoppable collosus" Avatar (actually im quite sure they remove unstoppable part even from spell desc. these days ) and taste for blood stacking, OR how awesome fury design was with collossus smash window playstyle (requires abit of gear though to really shine if i remeber correctly).

Also dat ji kun str trink and unholy dk's ;p or lei shen trink for locks...good times

15+ Year Old Account
    I hated mop so I'm glad to have it in the past.

mop had a lot of content but it didnt feel like a wow mmorpg altho garrosh story arc was cool. wow went downhill after patch 4.3 and then they followed it up with pandas.. and then with wod.. one mistake after another

First time I quit because of the game. Legion is what got me to come back due to its viable endgame for non-raiders.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-09-26 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Funny enough seeing people telling "best expansion..." or "I had so much fun during mop" while during MoP there were "omg wtf kung fu panda doesn't belong into wow" threads...

Actually it's allways like that (except maybe WoD)

I too had a blast in MoP and I wasn't complaining about pandas... 5.1 and 5.2 were probably my 2 most favourite patches
    Because these are obviousely the same people..

I hated and still hate pandas. Mob had severe issues with an overkill of dailies at the beginning (all part of the progression as well - unless you were otherwise lucky) and the beginning of a massive orc overload in the end that lasted throughout the folliowing expansion. It had it's good points as well and I liked many parts of it (beta Jade forest still is better than the shit we got afterwards), but I wouldn't call it the best expansion by a long shot, the cliche asan theme and it's protagonists with their awful 3-studges-like humor were very grating. Some of the lore was decent though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough seeing people telling "best expansion..." or "I had so much fun during mop" while during MoP there were "omg wtf kung fu panda doesn't belong into wow" threads...

I too had a blast in MoP and I wasn't complaining about pandas... 5.1 and 5.2 were probably my 2 most favourite patches
    Nope, there is alot of people saying wod was really good, and legion is a million times worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm not missing the Asian theme a second, but I do like how rich the major patches (except 5.3) were. MoP is ranking to be either my 2nd or 3rd favorite expansion, only behind WotLK.
    The Asian theme was a bit strange for WoW at first, but compared to "Rocks and green fire" and the soon to come "Rocks and purple swirly stuff", it's pure awesomeness, even the mantid/Y'Shaarj zone, at least i could figure out the terrain there...

Mop was great, sure the dailies/rep at 5.0 were a bit over the top but that aside it had a ton of content at launch.

The theme was fantastic for me and the lore/story telling was great. The major downside being a lack of new 5man dungeon content. It did somewhat make up for this with scenarios.

Wod started off great but then it ran out of content fast.

The only thing that reminds me of is that I haven't liked WoW in 7 years except for Timeless Isle.

This expansion made me Quito, thx blizz.

Yeah, because it's always the same people who badmouthed the expansion during its prime that come out now and say 'OMG AWESOME EXPAC'. Are you fucking serious?

- - - Updated - - -

MoP is the best expansion ever for me. I really miss it and wish I could go back to those times...

Man, it's weird to see all these people praising class design in MoP, considering what was usually said about it during MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Will admit I miss the zones and BRF but fuck everything else.
    For all WoDs faults, i think BRF is my favorite raid ever.

Haha insane, I remember MoP coming out few days before I started my university, and look at me now, finishing it and still here. I loved the theme of peace, green etc.

Such a "good" expansion this was when the subscription numbers were dwindling down rapidly and fell quite far-... oh hold on, of course, WoW is an old game so that's why the subscription numbers were falling so much as they were!

Yeah, no. MoP wasn't great.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda sad it's been so long, also sad to think of all the awesome stuff it had that was kill in WoD and or Legion

No more 10m mythic, scenarios, useful reputations, valor, reforging, worthwhile 5man heroics, proper gem slots, proper flying implementation, etc /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    It's funny ...

MoP was very well done expansion, but after doing some timewalking dungeons this weekend I realized just how out of place it was and how over-the-line they went in terms of it being too goofy for the Warcraft universe. WoW humor elements work well when they are small servings in an otherwise serious and badass setting. MoP with it's pandas, and giant vegetables, weird jokes everywhere, etc., was definitely out of character. Night and day difference with the Legion feeling.

I had fun with MoP and I love Legion - but I'm definitely happy to be back to badass instead of goofy.
    There is kind of a lore reason why the Pandaren are "goofy". If they show any kind of negative emotion, it can cause the sha to form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    For all WoDs faults, i think BRF is my favorite raid ever.
    BRF no.1 raid.

Why?

Cause the basis of a whole encounter are trains.

Choo Choo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Seemingly the last real WoW expansion.

Hopes aren't high for whatever comes after legion.

Still one of the best expansions whose lore and story I don't think can be topped. Replaying it again as a level another alt has been a blast.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing