Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hell no. The first one was bad. Better than it had any right to be, but still bad anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Sequel will probably never happen, luckily. The movie was fucking awful.

If they ever make a Warcraft movie again, they need to do it in-house in full cgi. And before you start with "they need real actors and it would take too long", I don't wanna fucking hear it. The cgi cinematics for the game up until now didn't need real actors, and Gul'dan in the WoD cinematic looks better than Gul'dan in the movie. Way better. Figure it the fuck out, or don't make movies anymore.
    The CGI cinematics take months for a 5 minute piece.

We're talking about a full movie.

Of course a CGI orc looked better than one made with cheaper technology.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The CGI cinematics take months for a 5 minute piece.

We're talking about a full movie.

Of course a CGI orc looked better than one made with cheaper technology.
    Then expand the team. Full CGI movies are not an impossible thing, because Pixar.

They keep saying the movie didn’t make a profit but that’s 100% Hollywood accounting and ridiculous.

Deleted
    What i heard is it broke even with Chinese sales. But domestically it didn't do well.

Honestly, i'm all up for a new one though. But it's easy to understand that warcraft is a bit too silly for it's own good.

Orcs vs humans is more of a game thing than movie. Actually alot of warcraft is cookie cutter fantasy and if you go to it's more wild things it tends to look clowny.

If they focused on a more original story like Arthas maybe it could do better. Maybe the story of the Night elves, the well of eternity could be a better starting point for the Universe? Introduce the Legion as more original antagonists.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-09-25 at 11:39 PM.

Then expand the team. Full CGI movies are not an impossible thing, because Pixar.
    LOL you're comparing Pixar's CGI to Blizzard?

Blizzard is lightyears ahead

Who cares, CGI is CGI. And Blizzard is the biggest game developer in the world, if anyone can make a full CGI videogame movie they can.

Deleted
    Who cares, CGI is CGI. And Blizzard is the biggest game developer in the world, if anyone can make a full CGI videogame movie they can.
    Remember when squaresoft tried that?

Aka too risky and not worth it. But i understand the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Remember when squaresoft tried that?

Aka too risky and not worth it. But i understand the appeal.
    This movie wasn’t worth the risk either

Duncan Jones knows exactly how much money his film has lost, he receives the financial reports each quarter. Just ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Blizzard is lightyears ahead
    You could say they're... Buzz Lightyears ahead.

And obviously it's impossible for anyone, including Blizzard, to make a two hour movie with the WoW cinematics' level of detail in a reasonable amount of time. Which is probably why they've been pushing the Overwatch shorts and now the Hearthstone shorts. Those are more stylized and less detailed, and surely it takes a shorter amount of time to produce each minute of those.

I hope they eventually make their own Overwatch, Starcraft and Warcraft movies/series with that style.

Diablo would be the only franchise that wouldn't look right, but they could go with a 2D handmade animation like the Castlevania series for it.

Deleted
    How can anyone look past the wooden acting of the Humans in the movie? It's SyFy channel level acting and the actors don't match their characters at all.

It's funny really, beforehand I was expecting the worst to tbe the CGI Orcs but it turned out they are more believable than the real actors

This movie wasn’t worth the risk either
    Well, Warcraft is a $10 billion franchise if not more (I remember reading that number some time ago). So uhm the risk seemed to be not that big...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I hope they make a sequel, I quite liked the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, Warcraft is a $10 billion franchise if not more (I remember reading that number some time ago). So uhm the risk seemed to be not that big...
    Well let's see what they gained from it

- According to most people here it either broke even or lost money
    - The Warcraft franchise to moviegoers will be forever branded by this shitty first attempt

Yeah that was totally worth the risk

Well let's see what they gained from it

- According to most people here it either broke even or lost money
    - The Warcraft franchise to moviegoers will be forever branded by this shitty first attempt

Yeah that was totally worth the risk
    I agree and you're right with what you said. But the movie wasn't doomed from the beginning. It could have been a success but they made the same mistakes as every other video gaming company that decided to make a movie. Except Resident Evil I think there is no video gaming franchise with a successful movie catalogue. And Resident Evil movies are just so successful because they don't take themselves to serious and are 100% Action and 0% Brain. They're enticing and funny trash movies. Warcraft wanted to be something like LotR and it horribly failed (horrible script, bad director (yes sorry, Duncan Jones is overrated), bad actors, wrong story, too much focus on CGI, at least $200 million too expensive).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The first movie should have been about Arthas since his story is the one of the only ones in Warcraft lore that is movie worthy. Warcraft 1 has an insanely vanilla story that was only written to hold up the campaign of that game. The characters were boring in the Warcraft movie because they were boring in Warcraft 1. Warcraft 3 characters actually have arcs. This isn't even mentioning some of the other major problems that movie had (bad pacing, bad writing, bad CGI).

Its rather odd that we haven't heard anything from the movie for so long. They liked to brag that its ''the best selling video game based movie'' (lets to honest thats not really something to brag about), since then its been rather silent. Kinda like the silence that they're given to WoW in the quarterly reports, where all they can say is ''its doing better than WoD'' and nothing else. In both cases it doesn't sound all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Its rather odd that we haven't heard anything from the movie for so long. They liked to brag that its ''the best selling video game based movie'' (lets to honest thats not really something to brag about), since then its been rather silent. Kinda like the silence that they're given to WoW in the quarterly reports, where all they can say is ''its doing better than WoD'' and nothing else. In both cases it doesn't sound all that good.
    What's there to possibly hear about?

The first movie barely broke even, if even that. That's called a failure.

There won't be any more movies in the observable future.

Metzen got his hard on (as if WoD was not enough), the end.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    where all they can say is ''its doing better than WoD'' and nothing else. In both cases it doesn't sound all that good.
    Judging by the decline in guild completion numbers at the same time after raid release in the various tiers, Legion does look to be declining a bit more slowly than WoD did. The difference isn't extreme, but it's noticeable. I think this is due to the devs including more power creep mechanisms to help players get over roadblocks and more steady content release. Getting stuck too long is, I would guess, what leads to guild failures and gamequits, at least for raiders.

Legion also started lower than WoD, though. 98 days after raid release 50695 guilds had downed N Kargath; at the same point in EN 43743 had downed N Nythendra. The decline from HM to BRF was quite large, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"