View Poll Results: Time to remove Ghostcrawler tweets from front page news?

Voters
726. This poll is closed
  • Yes

371 51.10%
  • No

355 48.90%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

I'd like to know what others think.
    If you don't like it... don't read it? It's probably relevant for alot of people. Freedom of speech and expression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    If you don't like it... don't read it? It's probably relevant for alot of people. Freedom of speech and expression.
    I have experience in html, php and C#. If i start tweeting about how the mmo-c site is made can i have my tweets on the front page aswell then because of freedom of speech and expression?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, if MMO-C took down everything that someone finds annoying or uninteresting, there simply would be no site.

The reality is that Ghostcrawler has a real link to WoW's history, so I can understand why they put it up.

If his opinions are so annoying to you, to paraphrase George Carlin, read something else on the page, or just don't go to the page at all.

Ghostcrawlers wow views are as vague and trashy as Trump on Twitter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    TBH, if MMO-C took down everything that someone finds annoying or uninteresting, there simply would be no site.

The reality is that Ghostcrawler has a real link to WoW's history, so I can understand why they put it up.

If his opinions are so annoying to you, to paraphrase George Carlin, read something else on the page, or just don't go to the page at all.
    THere is like 60 devs who have a real link to wows history that no longer works on wow. Do we need all of their tweets on the front page?

Or just the one that loves to answer loaded questions with salty remarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I have experience in html, php and C#. If i start tweeting about how the mmo-c site is made can i have my tweets on the front page aswell then because of freedom of speech and expression?
    You already know the answere to this question.

Relevancy. Ghostcrawler is relevant enough due to his experience from game development and Blizzard. And he is well liked by alot of people. If MMO C removed all content that some guy thought to be annoying - there would be not content left.

The level of fascism on the internet at times is something to behold. You arent forced to read his tweets yet you want to start complaining that he tweets. It affects literally nothing.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

totally agree with OP

I see a thread a couple of weeks ago about this topic, but it lacked something very important: A poll.

When he worked for Blizz or when he just left, what he said had actually some relevance so I didn´t mind knowing what he had to say, but now it's completely pointless. I would follow him on his social media if I actually cared for what he has to say which I don´t.

Does it physically hurt you or what? Silly complaint. But yeah, you got yours of the day phoned in, congrats.

Deleted
    I would actually like to have a special option to look thru the twitters of the devs at mmo-champion, coz I don't have twitter myself and I don't know much of the devs of wow, so it would come in handy. Maybe not in front webpage, but a special options like recent blue posts? Unless there is a option like that to go thru twitters of the blizz devs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    You already know the answere to this question.

Relevancy. Ghostcrawler is relevant enough due to his experience from game development and Blizzard. And he is well liked by alot of people. If MMO C removed all content that some guy thought to be annoying - there would be not content left.
    yeah your stats absolutely makes sense.

1 guy dislikes him. Everyone else loves him.

As i said in another post.

- There are tonnes of devs who worked on wow that no longer work on it.
    - The questions he answers are always loaded and most of the time his anwers are semi-salty about wow.
    - There is a reason he never speaks publicly about LoL. He has been told not to, because most of what he says is rude or derogatory

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya I agree. Its been so long since he has worked at Blizzard.
    I'd rather hear people like Bashiok at this point.
    Fuck that loser , no one's going miss that asshole.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Some people like to read them, the rest of us can just ignore it. No harm done.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this, I like ghostcrawler. I liked him when he worked on the game, and I still like him.

However he has no bearing on the game anymore. The last of his grasp on it has faded with the past 2 expansions. It's time to let it go.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If a portion of the community likes/enjoy his comments on the front page - which is confirmed by the poll - than I don't see the argument that it should be taken off, since you're not forced to read it. If people don't like it, don't read it.
    Actually the poll could be made better. I see a lot of people in this thread voting no because they dont mind them being there, not because they actually read it stuff.

It should be Yes, No, and idgaf.

I agree, OP. If only there was a way to scroll past them without reading them at all.

Oh, wait....

EDIT: What I REALLY want to not see on the front page anymore, is the "This week in WoW" crap. That's a lot to have to scroll past I personally don't care about, because I was THERE.
    Last edited by meowfurion; 2017-09-26 at 01:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't read them then? I like seeing his insights on Gaming as a whole. As much of it pertains to the way companies Work regardless of Genres.

Honestly anytime I hear someone complain about seeing a GC tweet I seriously picture someone licking a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    He was literally accused of having bad communication skills on multiple occasions when it came to wow. He would often betlittle other posters or insult their intelligence. There is a reason he never says anything about LoL you know?

Rose tinted glasses ftw
    As much as I hated GC's design, he was a great communicator and constantly shared opinions and reasonings. I disagreed with his conclusions, I was banging my head on a wall when there was 180° change of direction (like saying "dungeons are hard on purpose" in early Cata and ONE WEEK LATER nerfing them to oblivion), but the part of the criticism you quote, I'd tend to put the blame on regular online fucktards who throw accusations of communication/arrogance as soon as they don't get their way.

Deleted
    His insight is interesting sometimes. And he gives us lots of information on how the developers think when making content. No one is forcing you to read his stuff. I love seeing some of the post.

Same way no one is forcing you to read spoilers, or those comics, or any mmo mentioned that isn't wow.

10+ Year Old Account

Just don't read his stuff on the frontpage then? The same you're doing with his social media?

Your poll is missing "Who cares" btw.